1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lesbian stereotypes *sigh*

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by thesecretcat, Feb 18, 2015.

1. thesecretcat

So, I recently got my hair cut from super long to super short because my hair was becoming a mess and needed a new style (I decided to get a pixie cut). Now everyone who I've come out to are saying 'ohhh you cut your hair because you're a lesbian, it makes sense now!' :rolle:
    People have also said that I'm becoming 'butch' because I'm getting a tattoos and piercings soon for my birthday :rolle: To be honest though, I count myself more as feminine than butch because...well I just am hahaha
    Please feel free to comment on any stupid stereotypes that you've come across and have a rant :slight_smile:

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Some people said to me before: "You can't be gay. You don't act gay. You only listen to metal, you are always playing shooter games... Nah, you must be wrong!"

3. black-cat

You can have short hair, tattoos and piercings and still be feminine. I mean, think of the modern age rockabilly pinups. They have piercings, short hair and tattoos and still are femme as fuck.

People are cretins.

I feel feminine too, and I think all in all I look/act it too.

---------- Post added 18th Feb 2015 at 09:09 PM ----------

*sigh*

Because *obviously* your choice in video games determines your sexuality. Duh.

4. Lipstick Leuger

I am a short haired, pierced and tatted Femme, myself. My wife, who is very much a Butch says that only stupid people would think my energy is masculine and to not give a shit. However, there always is the random person wondering if I am Butch(usually straight people)because of the fact that I do use tools and have shorter hair.

5. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    If your bi you fancy everyone and people always think I fancy them

6. lostluvr

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    who gives a shit what people think..for real theres enough crap we got to worry about being lgbt then to let them make us worry about what the hell runs thru their closed minded brains.. :slight_smile: ..personally i dont even see butch femme i just see who like what they like..

7. Ixaxilia

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I cut my hair recently and started wearing a tomboy hat from Wildfang. Most people haven't commented on it being because of my sexuality.
    Though one butch chick i know was like "you look like a guy" :confused: which was ironic considering how she presents herself... oh well.

8. thesecretcat

stereotypes are pretty dumb hahah

9. randomly me

randomly me Guest

my little brother used to play barbie when he was younger and one person in school asked me if he also wore a skirt and make up.....no?i mean since when does playing barbie make you a girl..

10. fulcrum

Oh my word, I hate this so much. Because you not like Jack from Will and Grace, suddenly you cant possibly be gay.

11. PurpleGrey

I'm actually growing my hair out again, just so I can put it into a proper bun again. Not sure how people would react to a long-haired stud/butch.