1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

My mom is going to get me a therapist

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by jaina, Feb 20, 2015.

1. jaina

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I hope this is the right place.

So my mom and I talked today and she asked me if I wanted to go back to the one I had a while back. I said no I want one whom is trained for the things I'm going through. I'm really scared of what this therapist is going to be like.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If you don't feel comfortable with the therapist you had, then you shouldn't go. Plain and simple, really.

You're allowed to "browse" through therapists. In fact, any good therapist will understand you need somebody to click with. Any therapist who would get upset about you not "picking them", probably isn't a wise investment anyway. I've had these types before, and they tend to view you as a project of sorts. Don't waste too much time on them; you have that right.

Until you find one you can get along with, or feel comfortable around, you won't be able to go too far into the issues you need to. For the moment, focus on finding somebody you can work with, and the rest should come naturally.

3. jaina

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Thank you for the advice. It gave me knolage that can help me.

4. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Don't be scared... (*hug*)(&&&)

It should be someone who has gender on their list, and has experience with transgender people.
    Here are a few hints on finding a therapist:
    http://emptyclosets.com/forum/gender-identity-expression/167957-trying-find-gender-therapist.html#2

You might for example look one up, or ask at a lgbt center for a referral.

(*hug*)