1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What about you?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by lyjo, Feb 21, 2015.

1. lyjo

I wanted to write about how things have changed in the past few months, and see how it went for others.

I'll try making it short. A few months ago, I came out to everyone in my class, and friends outside of school. I came out to my parents two or three weeks ago, and they're really supportive and accepting. And now if anyone ever asks, I'll just tell them I'm gay. On the less positive side, I was talking with someone, and we saw a gay couple and then she started ranting about how she thinks gays are disgusting before addind that gays are actually okay compared to lesbians. Then I had to listen to that b*tch insult lesbians for about ten minutes. Anyway, shit happens. Also, I've noticed how easily I start crushing on people and most of the time they're all straight. But I'm pretty sure I've fallen in love, and it feels awesome. :grin:

EC has really helped me through all this, and that's why I'm posting this.

How about you? :slight_smile:

2. CyanChachki

I'm glad that you had a great coming out experience.

The last few months for me haven't really changed. Problems with my family that I'm not comfortable talking about in the public part of the forum but I have faith that things could turn around. Thinking about bolting to Vancouver soon and leaving this town behind.. but that's about it really. Life is the same and this city is the same: The pit stop for travelers.

3. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My last few months have been a bit stressful, but not because of my orienation; rather, because of school. At this point I'm out to most people I know and feeling good about my orientation. ^^ Still need to come out to my grandparents but that might be a while... I don't even see them very often anymore... Specifically, these past few months have only been bad because of my grades in school. Still single though, lol. Meh...

4. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I've gotten back into school (community college) and experienced my first non-family kiss (on the cheek) and cuddle. The first one can be considered a big deal, while the second, to most would seem rather juvenile, but you have to understand my upbringing and past experiences.

Everything else is just progress, from things started far back.

In terms of my sexuality and gender identity, I came out directly to a second person, on both accounts. That, while nice, was sort of a step back. However, I'll get over it; I have to.

5. stimpacks

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Past few months have been really good and really bad, it seems like there isn't an in between. I've been more honest with myself and other people, and that is when you know who your friends are and who isn't. But in the long run its more good than bad.

6. TheStormInside

Well, in December I came out to the rest of my close friends. Since then not a whole lot has changed, though I have been slowly getting more comfortable with being open about my sexuality, regardless of who may be in the room. Meaning, I screen myself much less, or work to let the mental "screening process" go a bit.

In other areas, I just had an art show, last night, and that went pretty well. I've been pretty busy the past month or so prepping for that in my free time, so I'm glad to have it all set and have now had the opening go well :slight_smile: .

7. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Came out to my first person!!!! Yussssss! :grin:

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

You forgot the part where you made the world a better place, by being as fuckin' awesome as you are.

<3

9. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Past few months only? Well..

I've become open (and quite firmly so) about my gender in real life.
    I've begun to wear Kote Kei style again, because fuck it. And actually pass better wearing it.

Not much else. I'm finally getting life together and have found out who I truely am.