1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reading And Writing

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by BookWriter1994, Feb 22, 2015.

1. BookWriter1994

Alright, I love reading. I try to read every chance I get if I am not busy. However, all of the books that I read usually have heterosexual romance sometimes no matter what type of book it is. Well I am indeed a lesbian but does that mean that I have to stop reading those and start reading books that has lesbian romance in it? I mean I don't mind because I am a lesbian lol but I was just wondering if I have to? Same thing with writing. I love writing and before I knew what I was most of the stuff that I had written had heterosexual romance in it. (I write fan fiction mostly) can I still write those? I mean I do sometimes read yaoi and yuri but it's mostly heterosexual most times

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No. You are free to read whatever you want, and do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

I have a sister that loves homosexual romance, for example (reading histories and watching animes), but she is heterosexual.

3. jay777

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Its your choice what you want to read...
    there are books with few lesbian characters and predominantly ones...
    its up to you...
    there are book lists for young and adult lesbians...
    and you can look the recommended books up on amazon :slight_smile:
    I'd recommend that, so you know if tis really good... and you can stick to nice stories with happy endings :slight_smile:

and of course you are free to write as you please...

(*hug*)

I like your signature :wink:

4. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    quite honestly, I think you should read and write whatever you want! I'm sure that though most books portray a heterosexual relationship, that's not the thing that mostly draws you to it, right? if it is, then great - we're all entitled to enjoy anything, really.

I'm an avid reader and writer myself and though most of the things I've written and read portray such relationships, I also enjoy homosexual couples just as much. they're all people... gender is not what makes me admire the couple, it's rather the connection and partnership that they share.
    :slight_smile:

5. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I write much, but read little.

6. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    If in your quest you find out who's making the rules for reading and writing, let me know because I've probably been doing it all wrong. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

7. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Read whatever you want.
    Same goes for writing. I mean theres plenty of straight authors that write gay and lesbian pairings.

8. SwimScotty

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    From one writer to another, writing is whatever you want it to be. It doesn't matter what you do in your real life; if you want to write about something, then go right ahead. I've tried to write from the perspective of a M-t-F transgender teen before, even though I'm not trans*. Same goes for reading. You don't "have" to read or write anything just because of your sex/sexual orientation/etc.

9. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I just noticed, I completely missed the point of this thread. Sorry about that.