1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questioning folks , how much do you fear that you may be LGBT?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Feb 23, 2015.

?

Questioning folks , how much do you fear that you may be LGBT?

1. A LOT

2 vote(s)
    14.3%
  2. A FAIR amount.

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  3. A LITTTLE

6 vote(s)
    42.9%
  4. None at all.

3 vote(s)
    21.4%
  1. SonicBoom

I'm slightly questioning too but I have zero fear to face who I really am.

I'm fearlessly ready to accept myself for who I really am.

I have zero fear that at the end of my questioning period that I may turn out to be straight, bi or gay.

I will admit that I'm not afraid of finding out the truth about myself but I will have some fear if I get to the point where I feel compelled to experiment for the first time.

I've been on this forum for a month and I've read a lot of interesting stories.

I sense that quite a few people who are questioning are afraid of finding out who they truly are .

I sense that some questioning people would be afraid to find out that they truly are LGBT.

So my question for questioning people, how much do you fear that you may be LGBT?

(Please note that I have compassion for everyone here and I'm not judging anyone in anyway, shape or form)

#1 SonicBoom, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  2. lyjo

I'm out, but I don't think I'll ever stop questionning. That's actually why I came out; fuck it, I'm gay. So do I still count as questionning? I was never afraid of being gay, but mostly of not being sure. And I don't think I ever will be sure, but that shouldn't stop me from living my life.

3. deathorbs

deathorbs Guest

I don't fear I might be bisexual, pansexual or gay--it's trying to figure out which one, and the questioning stage is frustrating if only because I want closure so I can stop dwelling on it. Whatever that ends up being, so be it.

4. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm a little scared of disappointing my friends and family

5. africanFlower

im shit scared because:
    1. I dont wanna burn in hell as i hv heard from many. Im tryna find peace with my sexuality nd my faith (christian)

2. i dont want to disappoint my family (especially my dad and grandpa- my cousin came out a while ago and my dad was not too happy)

3. i am afraid of being wrong :"(

4. i am afraid of being judged

... yep i tend to overthink things a lot

6. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

I was a little afraid not for religions reasons. I was afraid not to be accepted by my family and to be incapable to make them understand that it's my nature, not a perversion.

Fortunately, they have understood. Despite it took about one year to be completely accepted by them.

7. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm afraid of disappointing people. I'd almost rather be entirely asexual than homosexual. But I'm starting to think I might be more "homoromantic". I have some kind of attraction to guys, I just don't know if it's really sexual because...well, I don't wanna get into too much detail, but I just don't feel sexual attraction to them. Either way, telling people I like guys is going to be awkward.

8. SonicBoom

One of my favorite sub forums to visit and reply to on this forum is "sexual and romantic orientation".

Now that I know for sure that there are people there who are really saying " I'm afraid that I may be LGBT, please say it isn't so.".

I really don't know how to really help those people who really are afraid of facing the truth about themselves. :eusa_doh:

So now, the dilema is do I

1) Tell them what I think may be the TRUTH and risk upsetting them.

2) Lie to them and make them happy.

#8 SonicBoom, Feb 23, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
  9. TheStormInside

I think it is a scary prospect for many. It was for me, and still is as I have much of the road left ahead of me. Instead of telling people what I think they are or they are not, I try to encourage them to look at themselves as honestly as possible. I will also relate my own feelings and experiences in the hopes that they may find something that rings true for them, as well.

Many people, myself included, come here hoping someone will just tell them their orientation so they no longer have to question, themselves. But none of us knows that person better than they know themselves. I think at best we can try to share our own insights and knowledge in order to guide them. If someone is so afraid that they are LGBT, but knows deep down that they are, it is a fear they will likely eventually have to face. As with many fears in life, however, overcoming that fear can also open up many greater possibilities.

10. CyanChachki

A little. Now that I'm transitioning, the word can spread quickly and I could get hurt though it's rare for one of us to get hurt around here. We're fairly protected but there's always a slight chance. I'll just have to watch my back from now on.

11. SonicBoom

:eusa_clap

Great response thank you.

12. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    When I first started questioning my sexuality, it was a very unreal experience. I couldn't believe that there was a possibility of me being no straight. I feared it more as time went on. It took me a long time until I no longer feared that prospect.

13. TheStormInside

I'm glad I could be of help :slight_smile: .