1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your interests?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Thundercizzle, Feb 11, 2005.

1. Thundercizzle

This will be cool to find out who has similar interests.

Me: Playing Basketball, Playing Video Games, Listening to Music of All Kinds even some country... MOVIES!

2. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Collecting and restoring vintage radios etc. Website design and generally messing aaround with PCs and the Internet. By combining the two I run a popular vintage radio website and forum at www.vintage-radio.com.

Musical taste tends to be older and more melodic stuff. I listen to PrimeTime Radio on DAB (this will mean nothing to people outside the UK!) although I am well below the station's target age-range. www.primetimeradio.org

3. cowboy_wannabe

i'm really into just hanging out with my friends and having fun, just anything i can do to have a good time, really. i'm a writer and ocassionally, i break out the camera and direct a short or two.

musically, i'm into almost anything... pop, rock, country... it's all good to me :grin:

4. Stew

My interests are varied, I think I have to put people as my number 1 as I love people watching and meeting new people. I ride horses on a regular basis and shoot (mainly clay) every week. Reading is high on my list, and I try to read two books every week one fiction and one non fiction but these can be on any subject. I am facinated by ancient history. I spend hours out in the garden ( I find digging very relaxing :slight_smile: ). I also scuba dive, but hate the cold so only do this on holidays in warmer places. I have been lucky enough to be able to build a small collection of pre columbian and roman pottery. My music collection is very varied from 70's, 80's, 90's and today ranging from punk/metal/ pop/soul/club/dance/ rave/acid/house/clasical etc etc. I have been trying to improve my photography skills but have to say I have a way to go yet before I will consider any of the work to be of a good standard! Oh, and I love good food and wine and having lots of peole over to spend the evening eating/drinking and talking.
    Stew

5. Micah

Well I'm into running (it's my 'me time'), reading; usually fantasy or sci-fi but it varies. I like a lot of music but i guess if I was to choose genres I'm mainly into pop-rock, soul, punk and a little bit of R&B (but not too much). My favourite shows include Simpsons, Futurama and basically anything that can make me laugh. I like to spend my time hanging with friends whether it's at the movies or just crashing at someones house. :thumbsup:

6. TriBi

Hey... ^ another runner. Well, I don't do as much as I used to, but still enjoy it. Do quite a lot of swimming, especially in the summer. Used to be big into triathlons (endurance stuff...never was a sprinter:icon_wink), but really don't have the time anymore...

Have always loved to travel - and been fortunate enough to do quite a lot. Also photography, reading, music (mainly rock/indie). Also (like Stew) enjoy good food/wine, - and a good ale too (in fact, as I recall, Stew and I have discussed this elsewhere :icon_bigg)

Anyway, that's me (or some of me...) in a nutshell.

7. Stew

I almost forgot the ale TriBi :grin:
    [​IMG]
    Stew

8. cowboy_wannabe

if we're talking alcohol... bacardi raz for me! (just don't tell the cops! :O)

9. TriBi

hehe :thumbsup:

*slurp*

I can almost taste that Stew :eusa_droo

Shame - I've never seen it over here. Only ever managed to get my hands on it over there. Ah well...

10. nisomer

The thing I'm probably most into right now is Star Wars. Getting into the Episode 3 hype. I probably check the official site around 3 times a day (along with various fan sites), I'm there postin in the forums once in a while as well.

Some other things I do is play online pc games (mainly warcraft3, starwars battlefront, and counterstrike 1.6/source), and play a lot of guitar. I play w/e sports just for fun with people. And alos have made a couple of websites...they're "ok" though.

11. cowboy_wannabe

star wars? star wars? I LOVE STAR WARS!

loved it since my dad took me to the 1997 anh re-release :slight_smile:

12. nisomer

haha yeah star wars is the best. the funny thing is, that this year i've done so many school projects/papers on star wars. lets see...a persuasive speech on why u should buy the SW trilogy on DVD. a history paper that used the yoda line "fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering" as my thesis on things that we should learn from WW2. a current project in my multimedia class where im making an animation on the astroid chase from the empire strikes back. and another current project that takes up my whole quarter, a paper and speech on the music of star wars.

13. Aaron

Aaron Guest

I LOVE SAILING! Sailing little boats, sailing big boats, sailing with spin, sailing on trap, sail fast, sailing slow, racing. I love it.

History, biking, power boating, french, politics also.

14. GQMan

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I love baseball just a great game. I looove to skateboard, it's just so fun. Computers and music. I love the new Green Day and Interpol album.

15. goratrix

I like star wars, I didn't like the actor the chose for anakin in attack of the clones. Not that he wasn't hot, but he is just a lousy actor. Instead the actor the chose for Dookoo was excelent.

I love readying almost everything, specially sci-fi and fantasy.

RPGs, bot on computer and real ones

Movies... not really, but threre are a couple of exceptions... Quentin Tarantino movies, for instance.

Oh, yeah, and I HATE peter jackson.

16. desko

Hmm All the geeky stuff - webdesign, programming etc. I love my movies, i see a shitload of them! and snowboarding! Hardly ever get to go, but love it nonetheless. Heheh, not a huge Starwars fan, but it's still damned cool. I prefer the Matrix trilogy... Did i say prefer? I meant Worship.

17. cicero

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    My interests? Law (it's what I spend most of my time studying), running, languages, music, history, reading - I suppose I should come out of the closet and admit that I'm a nerd... :wink:

18. goratrix

That is the closet I'm the most comfortable comming out of. I actually take pride in saying it: I'M NERD!. It's a little tougher, though, to say I'M GAY. Or at least people tend to judge more gay people than nerds... I guess there are more nerds in this world than we think... :slight_smile:

19. GenericSR

Hmmm... interests, eh? Well I read a lot. Usually the unusual, cool fiction authors like Chuck Palahniuk (Fight Club, Lullaby, etc) and Tom Robbins (Jitterbug Perfume, Half Asleep in Frog Pajamas, etc). I like the older horror authors, too, like Edgar Allen Poe and H.P. Lovecraft. I also like the unusual and cool movies like Ravenous, Fight Club, Dark City, and Boondock Saints but I don't watch them all that often. I also have a slight interest in anime but only some and not to the extent of some freaky people I've known. I also like to write sometimes. Random nonsense usually but sometimes it's good. I used to play video games all the time but I kicked that habit when I moved away for college. I also don't watch TV anymore unless there's something I really want to watch. Lately (especially since I got an ipod) I've been listening to more and more music. Some of my favorite bands are Queens of the Stone Age, The Mars Volta, Rammstein, and The Offspring.

Oh and I also have a strange obsession with mythology and religion. I'm not a really religious person at all but I do have beliefs. But I don't have so much of an interest in the believing as I do the stories. Ancient Egyptian mythology is probably one of my favorites along with Norse (Viking) myths. I am also interested in more modern religions sometimes.

Wow, I wrote a lot. I wasn't even aware I had that many interests.

20. nisomer

haha goratrix, u sound like a funny guy

You play World of Warcraft??

and why is that?