1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Movie/theatre/cinema questions?!? :)

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Feb 23, 2015.

1. Burnedcloset

I went to the movies yesterday and you guys know I had to post a thread about it.

When I say movies I mean theatre/cinema to. Whatever you call it! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1. What was the last movie you saw in the movies?
    2. Did you enjoy it? Rate 1-10
    3. What type of films do you like?
    4. Does a movie have to have positive reviews for you to see it in the theatre?
    5. Are you guilt of sneaking snacks into the movie?

I can't really think of anymore right now :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:. Add anything you want.

2. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. Kingsmen
    2. 9
    3. Action/comedy
    4. Yes of course
    5. I have a card for free popcorn so that answer is no.

3. AsheTheHuman

1. Big Hero 6
    2. 9.5
    3. My favorites tend to be Action Adventures (usually ones that don't take themselves too seriously), but I'll watch anything, really!
    4. I like to go into movies as blind as possible, so I don't read reviews :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    5. Not this time!

4. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    1. The Hobbit: Battle of Five Armies
    2. 8.5
    3. A mixture of scifi, action/adventure, and historical dramas.
    4. I generally try not to pay attention to reviews as I've thoroughly enjoyed some movies that were panned by critics. I prefer the "judge it for yourself" approach.
    5. Nope, mostly because theaters tend to gouge customers for their snacks and I see it as my way of telling them to "**** off!"

5. guitar

Corner Gas The Movie

It was an enjoyable and well-done comedy. Nothing groundbreaking, but if you like the show, you'll enjoy the movie. One last hurrah.

Oh god, too difficult to answer. Drama, Action, Comedy.

Not always, but it helps. When I heard Quantam of Solace was getting crucified by the press I almost didn't go see it, and I'm a diehard Bond fan. I kinda wish I had to listened to the critics :frowning2:

I might have done it once or twice, but I generally don't snack at the theater. You're sitting for 2 hours, why add the calories?

6. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't seen anything since The Lego Movie, but I'll answer with that :slight_smile:

1. The Lego Movie
    2. 8/10 - not only should it have been nominated for Best Animated Feature at the Oscars, but it should've won! :tantrum:
    3. Animated, comedies, romantic comedies, dramas
    4. No, but if it has negative reviews, I might avoid it. It depends on how negative. I'm not going to waste time with a movie that gets "rotten" on RottenTomatoes. It'd be really rare that I'd actually like a movie like that.
    5. Never done that--I don't usually eat while at the theater.

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Lucy

Yes, 7 and a half out of ten.

Anything that's visually beautiful, with a deep meaning and probably confuses "normal people". My taste in horror movies also often leans toward that kind of thing. Basically anything that makes people go "WTF".

Though sometimes I'm also in the mood for a B-grade gore film. Especially those that make people go "WTF".

Nope. Actually, the movies I like often get bad reviews, especially by American critics.
    Also most of the movies I especially like either were direct-to-DVD, or showcased in independent film theatres.

Yes.

8. Jellal

Shadow of a Doubt by Alfred Hitchcock. This old film was playing in a theater I know, and I went to see it one night.

I don't normally watch these types of old movies. That being said I think I was sufficiently drawn in. This movie has one damn disturbing misogynistic villain and he creeps me the hell out. Some of his dialogue is just so raw and in-your-face nihilistic, the best way I can describe it is like you're being spoon fed poison. I have only two complaints about this film. First, the ending is far too abrupt. Second, there is a pointless romance. Otherwise great. This has to score around 8.5/10 for me.

Action/adventure movies. My favorite style is anime.

No. I rarely go to the movies, I just end up going along when somebody takes me.

No. I am an upstanding citizen.

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

In an actual movie theater? LOL...

*pleads the 5th*

Again, I haven't seen a film in an actual theater in... quite some time... but I believe the last film I saw in a theater was:

World War Z.

It was mediocre. I'd give it a 4.

It was entertaining, but it was sorely lacking in too many departments. But then again, I may just have a higher standard for "zombie" films, especially considering the source material with World War Z.

Horror, Science-Fiction, or Comedy. I'm down for Romance or Action, but I tend to be a little more selective about these. Bonus points if you can combine all five, or 3 out of the 5.

No. Most "professional" reviews sound too bland. Even the good films, all the compliments sound too similar. If I like the concept of a film, or the idea behind it, then I will check it out.

And sometimes, a really bad review intrigues me more than a good one. But there is intentionally bad and intentionally stupid -- there is a difference, and I fucking hate the latter, LOL.

Yes, but it doesn't stop there.

I've stocked up on large bags of popcorn, the kind where you can get free refills. I always smuggle these in to eat for free, or to "rent" to others, making enough of a profit to either pay back for my ticket (busting even), or having some pocket change (making profit).

It's hard to turn down a normally $8 bag of popcorn for only $5, and it comes with free refills and no tax.

However, I haven't done this in a little while. Not since that last Hobbit film, where I made a killing "renting" those bags of popcorn outside.

Hey, I'm just being the best damn capitalist I can be! LOL!

10. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    1. The Woman in Black 2: Angel of Death.

2. Film wasn't bad, not a classic but enjoyable enough. You need to have seen the first one for various things to make sense however. My friend couldn't understand any of it (despite having seen the first one). Only real trouble was watching it was a bit disorienting from where we were sitting, it was a Saturday and pretty busy so we ended up with seats in the first few rows, something I normally try to avoid. 6 out of 10.

3. For cinema-viewing, horror, thriller, sci-fi, and sometimes action. I like other genres as well but they're not so much something I'd typically go to the cinema for.

4. Sometimes user reviews. But they don't heavily influence me.

5. Not on this occasion. Although I have done in the past. I'm always reluctant to buy snacks at the cinema because they're so expensive, however I did have a hotdog when I went to Cineworld a while back (simply because I felt like a hot snack) and it was actually really tasty, which is just as well considering how much it cost!

11. White Knight

1- X-Men: Days of Future Past

2- It was okay. I will give it 8/10...
    One minus for Halle Berry's Storm, one minus for turning the thing into Wolverine movie... That ending was such a tease as well... In the end most "juicy" part of the movie was seeing James Marsden as Cyclops again.

3- It is unpredictible even for me. I can watch any movie depending on my mood at the time.

4- Nah, I follow my own taste for movies. Instead of critics I pick movies by sypnosis, actors or sometimes director.

5- Nope. My usual "snack" iced tea already in every movie snack bar so no need to sneak it in. Sometimes, especially if it is cold, I prefer herbal teas which I couldn't sneak in as well.

12. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    1. What was the last movie you saw in theatres?
    The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies
    7, it was what I expected.
    Action. Generally superhero films are my favourite.
    No.
    I used to a lot, but I don't think I've done that in years.

13. yuricorpse

1. The imitation game
    2. yes, 9.5
    3. I like most types, except action
    4. nah
    5. not really

14. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

1. Godzilla
    2. 8.5
    3. Mostly comdey, but also action.
    4. Nope
    5. Yes. All the time.

15. tscott

1. Imitation Game
    2. 8
    3. I like most all genres, except Westerns
    4. Not really, but it may determine if I see it in a first run house or a couple of theatres that show films that have already had their first runs
    5. Not really...unless it's candy, love buttered popcorn

16. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. 50 Shades of Grey
    2. -10
    3. Mostly documentaries.
    4. Nah, if I think it's worth going and seeing, I'll go see it.
    5. Oh absolutely.

17. CyanChachki

Jupiter Ascending

Yes, It was so much better than I thought it would be (especially in 3D, the entire movie was 3D) 10

Fantasy, Humor

Yes. If it doesn't then I'm not going to waste 10-13$ on that movie.

Yes. When I worked at the theater, I even allowed others to sneak their snacks and drinks in because not everyone has the money to buy the overpriced snacks at the concession. I was told to confiscate it but I completely disagreed with that rule, even if it was part of my job. (which by the way, I hated)

18. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Annie.

Yeah, about a nine. ^^

Anime ones mostly, lol. ^.^

Nah, I usually don't even look at the reviews. It's all about what I think of it when I read the summary or watch the trailer.

My dad's the one who sneaks them in; I just sneak them from him. :lol:

19. timo

It's been YEARS since I last went to the cinema, so is it bad that I don't remember which film it was?

I probably enjoyed it.

Thrillers, horror movies

Nah. Positive reviews help, but in the end I go to what I want to see (if I go to the cinema at all, that is). I don't even watch trailers as they spoil too much.

I sneak my own beer into the cinema, but I don't feel any guilt about this. Maybe they shouldn't make it so fucking expensive to buy a drink there.

20. florence2000

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Jupiter Ascending
    Any, I just love movies!
    No, Jupiter Ascending didn't and I still watched it.
    yeah, everyone does. $15 for popcorn and drinks is ridiculous. And the adult ticket is $16 already!