1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Love vs Infatuation?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Harlusional, Feb 24, 2015.

1. Harlusional

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm 16 this year and I've been thinking .. What does love ( like a crush )? feel like? I know it's difficult to put this in words but hopefully someone can give me an answer because I want to know what it represents and means from different perspectives. Also , how can you tell the difference between love and infatuation ?

2. White Knight

For me biggest difference between love and infatuation is which part of my body leads my actions... In love my heart runs the show... infatuation usually flag shipped by an organ below my belt if I have to put it nicely.

For me infatuation is missing link between love and lust... Not too/entirely emotional not totally physical.

Hope that doesn't make you more confused.

3. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

When you are in love, you could do anything for that person. Because the most important thing for you is to make him/her happy.

When you are infatuated, instead, you only feel good feelings for him/her but they are "selfish" feelings, because you think only about your pleasure.

4. PurpleGrey

For me, it's all to do with how you fantasize about life with that person. When you're infatuated, it's all romanticized: nothing but dates, kissing, battling dragons in volcanoes of doom, that sort of thing. With love, it's a little more down-to-earth. To put it simply, it's less wedding, more marriage, if you get what I mean. Can you accept, not ignore, their faults? Can you have a big argument without your image of them crumbling? Can you do their laundry like it was your own? And most importantly, can you be content without the dates and fluffy, lovey-dovey nonsense?

That's my opinion, anyway.

5. NewKid87

I totally agree with this! Nicely put! I'd also add: love tends to last much longer than infatuation.

6. Sturtevant

Sturtevant Guest

Love means you no matter what you still want to be with them. Infatuation means it feels like love, but you can see life without them. Both hurt if it ends.