1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Holding hands in public?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Radioactive Bi, Feb 25, 2015.

1. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi all,

Just curious, do you or have you ever had any instances where you were afraid to hold your partners hand in public over fear of some kind of reprocusion or bigotry off of people? If so, when and where? Have you overcome it and how?

Same question as well, but with kissing your partner in public?

Happy days :slight_smile:

2. Yosia

No, if I want to hold my partner/hug my partner/kiss my partner then I will. I am done with judgemental people so I would have nothing to lose. ^.^

3. White Knight

I don't like holding hands... it feels immature for me. I prefer holding the arm, arm over shoulder and such... gender doesn't matter much but closeness I feel for those people does.

I do it with my mom, my best friends (male or female), my nephews or the special one.

Kiss on the cheek is again my prefered method. I hate when people try to feel each others internals with their tongues in public... no matter what the coupling is.

4. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't care what they think.

5. DoubleSoul

DoubleSoul Guest

I don't like holding hands in public. It's childish in my opinion.

Furthermore, I hate to show my feelings in public, just because I don't like to parade my deep feelings towards a person I love, whether it is a woman or a man.

6. hostileequation

Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't kiss in public because I'm not fully out yet and I also don't like PDA

7. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm more affectionate in public than I should be I guess :lol: my friends tend to be put off by how affectionate I am with them sometimes, I was the kid who was never embarrassed to kiss my parents on the cheek in public... If I don't mind showing them affection in public you can bet I'm allllll over whoever I'm dating~ ;3

8. OfTheKokiri

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Sadly this is hypothetical for me, but personally I don't mind public displays of affection.

Having said that, I would feel uncomfortable because I'm an anxious person and would fear being potentially harrased.

...unless I'm not wearing my glasses. When I can't see a persons facial expressions my anxiety can't interpret possible facial cues (that I would normally overreact too) and my confidence goes way up.

But since I really need my glasses I have only discovered this by going to the beach.

9. OGS

OGS

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My partner and I regularly do both things--although to be honest we more commonly walk with my hand on his opposite shoulder than we do hand in hand--and have never experienced any kind of problem.

10. Justinian20

I would say I would just show my affection no matter where I was

11. C P

C P

Well, right now, a lot of stuff worries me to think about but that is more from my own issues than what anyone(besides family; that terrifies me) would think.

In an ideal situation though, I would like to get the opportunity to hold hands with someone, if just to see how it would feel, even if I don't see it ever happening really.

12. tulipinacup

It's still pretty taboo from here. When my ex-bf came to visit me in our country, we wanted to hold hands inside the bus so we tried to cover our arms using his jacket.

13. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Sad to say, never have held hands in public, to worried about getting my head bashed in again.

14. XenaxGabby

XenaxGabby Guest

Hypothetically, hand holding would be fine. Call me childish then because I think it's a nice gesture. A quick kiss (straight couples do it whenever they leave eachother) it would depend.

15. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Piggyback rides seem more spontaneous and fun, but that's just me.

Never really gotten to show too much affection in public, but it seems nice, provided you aren't doing it to 'show off'. Be humble but genuine, basically.

16. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I held my girlfriend's (now ex) hand in public and gave her a kiss goodbye in public too. She was a little hesitant but she let me do it anyway :grin: We got a few looks of disgust but we just shrugged it off :shrug: Fuck the people, WE are the people!!! :badgrin:

17. Rouqe

I don't normally hold hands with my partner, I don't have anything against doing it but we just don't feel the need to.

But... I do go out of my way hold my friends hands when out in public. Especially the ones the identify as straight because I find their reactions and initial embarrassment funny. It tickles my humour in just the right way :lol:

^^^

18. doglover44

doglover44 Guest

I would hold/ kiss my bf in public

19. Joelouis

I haven't got a partner so I can't really answer (boo).

I would, however, defend anyone - especially LGBT - if they were getting stick off anyone for holding hands in public.

20. QueerQueen

I have no problem holding hands with a girl or giving them a quick peck on the lips. Although if they weren't comfortable with it then I wouldn't. I have already held girl's hands in public and I haven't received any remarks or weird looks, at least none that I have noticed. I mean heck I've danced in the streets before at night with my friend, but then again I live in a small place. I am sure I've kissed a girl in public in the past too or vice versa. Of course I wouldn't go past that, but I'm not ashamed to be seen holding hands or kissing another girl.