1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seeing someone

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by potofsoup, Feb 26, 2015.

1. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Hi guys,

I have noticed a phrase which is common in dating sites.

What does "I am currently seeing someone" mean?

I'm not sure if it has a deeper meaning because I have also came across this sentence in a magazine
    "A woman XYZ killed herself because she was depressed that her fiance was seeing someone else."

2. White Knight

Umm another word for "I have a relationship with someone"?

Never saw it on dating sites or something as I don't visit those places.

However if a sim in The Sims4 had a boyfriend but not engaged or married, they say they are seeing someone.

Hmmm I wonder if sex does make things any different... might try that out someday.

3. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    they're in a relationship with someone. it might also indicate that it could be an open relationship as well. why do that option exist on a dating site, i do not know.....

4. QueerQueen

Seeing someone.. well what I think of it is when you and another person are interested in each other, you are going on dates, getting to know the person more and to see if you are compatible with them. It is the step before dating, you aren't official yet and there is no commitment. Which means you could be seeing multiple people at the same time.

If someone who is married is seeing someone else.. well that is different. Him/her and his wife/husband are supposed to be exclusive. It literally means that he/she is seeing someone.. they are having an affair and cheating on their partner.

5. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Thanks for the explanation guys :slight_smile: