1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gay feminine looking guys with non-feminine personality - how common are those?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Rainsworth, Feb 26, 2015.

1. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I'm a 18 years old guy, i'm basically what you would call a "twink" .. feminine facial features, slim with no muscles body, except that i'm quite hairy, but i'm still way too feminine looking to be labeled as anything but a twink.

The thing is i'm not interested in any of the typical feminine guys interests, not interested in fashion, i don't like shopping and it's a torture for me, i'm not obsessed with typical pop icons like Lady Gaga or Katy Perry, i don't talk in a feminine manner. but at the same time i'm not interested in some typical masculine guys interests either, like sports or cars. i guess i lean more towards being a masculine guy personality-wise. almost all the feminine looking gay guys i come across have personalities that matches their appearance. so i started to wonder if my kind is rare or something :grin:

2. Gen

Gen

Having a feminine personality would only speak on how one would carry themselves. The ways in which they naturally express themselves. The demeanor they commonly display. Having a feminine personality does not speak to whether they would enjoy sports and video games less than fashion and beauty. It doesn't speak to whether they prefer athletics or theater, pink or blue, or anything else of the sort. Likewise would a masculine personality not be based on whether or not an individual held or rejected any of the past interests.

Are there feminine gay men who don't fit into the cultural stereotype? Absolutely.

3. Rainsworth

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, exactly. that's why i included the "talking in a feminine manner" part. but i still think that interests play a role -or affects .. at least- in shaping-up your personality over all.

The kind of guys i'm talking about aren't feminine AT ALL, it's not that they don't fit the gay stereotype thing. you could say they have the personality of your average straight guy.

4. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You are who you are.

5. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I would have been like "Me! I'm like that!"

But then... I'm pretty sure now I'm not gay.

And also I like fashion and makeup and get all giggly over people I'm a fanboy of.. So I have a little bit of femininity.

6. BloodFlame

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Short answer, yes. I personally don't believe in the twink = Feminine slim guy. To me, a twink is just someone who is young, slim, and boyish looking.

But it sounds to me that you're just average. You have the body of twink with body hair, probably a boyish looking face, yet you like laid back things. I'm going to assume you probably like video games? Music (maybe not pop but some other form of it)? Point is, to me, you just sound average or at the most, in the middle with leaning towards masculine. I've seen some gay guys who had the s*****y look yet they were slim built and were just down to earth guys.

And I have to agree with another answer that just because someone is a bit more feminine, doesn't mean they don't enjoy some masculine things. I mean, as someone who is feminine (I personally think "Androgynous is a better term for me), I do like some masculine things. I like to fight (Kickboxing) & I'm more obsessed with rock music than Pop (I don't "idolize" Lady Gaga or Madonna or Beyonce, switch them for Joan Jett, Shirley Manson, Debbie Harry, & Grog of Die So Fluid. Don't worship them but really look up to them).

But yeah, I get what you mean. In short, yes, there are other guys like you.

7. tscott

I have a friend who has a slight lisp. Seems superficially feminine. He has a side business decorating. Real job mechanic. Interests hunting and fishing, German short- haired pointers. The cover may scream Vogue while the content is Field and Stream. Never judge a book by it's cover. Some of the butchest men I know arrange flowers and act like little boys in private. Doesn't mean a thing. You are who you are, and you are unique. Embrace yourself.

8. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Are individuals representative of their stereotypes?

No, no they are not.

9. blackhatguy

I'm an 18 year old 6 foot 2 guy with Jesus hair and a s*****y goatee, I wear combat boots and cargo pants, I'm obsessed with firearms, I'm an avid outdoorsman, and i listen to music so heavy it would make a seventh grade student grow a beard.

I have a real thing for twinks, but I don't think anyone would describe me as one, and I like to think of myself as being about as masculine as it gets.

Hope that helps

10. YunoGasai

im fat 6ft really hairy and have a semi afro and a deep voice. but i tend to talk with a really excited tone of voice when im around friends and also quite often do the flamboyant hand movements XD by quite often i mean all the time :slight_smile:

11. photoguy93

It's also about how we think people should fit in - and I even do it!

Okay, so some of you may not know him, but Brad Goreski - he's currently on Fashion Police! Anyways, he's pretty feminine - I mean, hello - it's Fashion Police.

But look him up - shirtless! I was blown away. He looks like some Godly straight guy. I about crapped my pants - I couldn't wrap my mind around some feminine guy looking so masculine.

Once I thought about it, and picked my jaw up off the floor, it hit me that in my mind I had this idea of who should look like what. It's weird - even though I don't want to do it, I am! The question is..how do we change it?

12. Justinian20

I'm a skinny 21 year old guy who happens to be far more average in traits than others. I do like fashion and some girly stuff, but when it comes to it, I will also do like plenty of masculine stuff as well, for example, watching sport I don't act all passionate with it, I just watch it for enjoyment not passion, I like video games too and so I'm a pretty average guy when it comes to personality, it's just sometimes my flamboyant feminine side comes out and sometimes my masculine side comes out. It depends on where I'm at.

13. EpicConfusion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That's pretty much me. Although I do like fashion a bit. I've never been into sports or anything really masculine, but I've also never been into feminine things much either. I'm somewhere in between. I take care of my body in a typically feminine matter and I dress a lot nicer than most straight guys, but I act like a normal guy for the most part.I don't have that voice (my voice is actually pretty deep unfortunately) or do the floppy wrists or anything. You're not alone :slight_smile: I know it's hard being this way. It is for me at least. I don't feel like I get to advertise myself to other guys who could be interested.

14. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Exactly.

I've met quite a lot of twinks which a personality from normalo to hypermacho.

I've also met lots of huge, muscular guys who next to me were not only true walking barbies, but also weaker than a nun's fart. Huge drama queens too.

Me... I've been confusing people since I was born. Sometimes it makes you tired, sometimes you just have to laugh 'cause people are so naive. We all are naive, it's hard not to judge a book by its cover, at least until you get to know the person.