1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Post Eras? - please tell me I'm not alone!

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by biAnnika, Feb 26, 2015.

1. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    5 posts ago, I noted, was post 1967 for me...and I noted that it was the year I was born. Made me blink.

A couple minutes ago I made post 1972...kindergarten. Damn! This is starting to freak me out. The post I make after this will be from the year my family relocated when I was young...not a good era for me. And not many posts later will be adolescence.

Now 1986 was when I met my partner. I can go on and on, but you get the point.

I've never made so many posts on a site before that this has been an issue! But does/did anyone else do this? I can't be the *only* one, can I??

I have this fear that every post I make is going to be laden with meaning and memories...at least until I hit 2015. But honestly, my imagination is pretty good...I could see myself (easily) associating posts with my retirement, with old age, etc. I can believe posting won't resume being a normal experience for me until at least 2100 or so...and even then, aren't the 2200's the Star Trek years? And 2300's STNG? Have post numbers become a permanent problem for me?

If this has happened to you...well, first...please own up to it...I can't bear to the only one who thinks like this. But also...how did you cope with it? When did it finally go away? *Please* tell me it finally went away!

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Annika, sweetie, remember what you told me. (*hug*)

Life is long if you're paying attention.

3. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never had that, but an uplifting note may be that I'm not that good with remembering years and such. So basically, me seeing a number doesn't ring a bell. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: The amount of posts.. Well, I have 13,000+ on one forum so..

However, I do have this with words. Especially username changes... :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: I just remember all kinds of usernames (unless they have many numbers...). So, when I'm somewhere else and I see something that resembles a username, I do connect them immediately. Very inconvenient sometimes. XD

4. biAnnika

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You're at 6840...that's *long*...you must have been paying *extra* attention! *hugs*