1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Jealous Are You?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kaiser, Mar 3, 2015.

1. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Last night, a young lady asked me to "fill in" for her boyfriend, since he didn't want to go out to eat. I now know more details, but the basis of it is this: he just doesn't go out enough with her, instead opting to remain at home. She feels this is putting a strain on their relationship, which is why she asked for me to come out, so she could have a good conversation, with a little bit of therapy mixed in.

As I was skimming over the restaurant menu, I started thinking, I wonder what ___ would think if he knew, his girlfriend, was out with somebody else? I presumed he'd be a little irked, possibly even jealous. However, I had no intention on pulling anything, but still, just the act itself is enough to get under the skin of some individuals.

___ owes me. I pretty much sold him, like my life depended on it. I know this young lady and I's conversation went well, because her boyfriend called and thanked me earlier today. Obviously he knew we'd met up, but I, pretty much, have a free pass with the girlfriends of the guys I know. Primarily due to the fact, I can reignite that spark in their relationships, which they appreciate.

Anyway, would you consider yourself a jealous person, or capable of such? Even if just a little? Or are you more selective? How do you handle being jealous? Better yet, how do you respond to and/or handle another's jealousy?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm having a difficult time processing this. I feel like he should put in more of an effort for his girlfriend. I don't think it should have to fall to you to do that for him.

How did that make you feel? I would sort of feel exploited in that situation...

Anyway, to answer your question, I'm mildly jealous, but I'm able to overcome and compartmentalize it so I don't ruin my friendships. I think I probably had a real chance with another girl at one point. She and I were totally on the same page (feminist peas in a pod, and she continually complained about her past boyfriends) and stronger friends than any of the friendships I had before. But... I failed to act quickly enough and she started dating someone. Am I jealous? Yes somewhat, but I don't have a right to be. And I'm not jealous badly enough that it ruined our friendship...

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Oh, trust me. Nobody exploits me, LOL.

To truly grasp the situation, you'd need to know the exact details. But I don't want to gossip like that, so, trust me. It isn't as bad as it seems, though there are issues there. In fact, if I felt either of them were totally in the wrong, or not putting in an effort, I'd have been honest and addressed them, with her, then him.

The only thing I can say is, he has his reasons. Mostly due to what he does for employment, and it tires him out. He simply does not feel like always going somewhere, and wants to rest. However, this also happens on days off too. Both of them have a legitimate claim, and I was able to resolve that by suggesting some alternatives.

4. CrazyAwkward

I can get somewhat jealous at times, but I'm pretty good at recognizing that and controlling the emotion. Jealousy is a waste, so I try to get rid of it as quickly as possible. Unless food is involved. If someone has food that I want I will plot their death so I can have it all for myself.

Just kidding. Maybe.... :badgrin:

5. MisterTinkles

Jealousy........the ugly little green monster.

Hmmmm.......

I don't know. I am a jealous person, not that I have ever had reason to be.
    I would think if I got in a relationship with someone who had friends who were already established in their lives, and did this sort of thing.....then no, I probably wouldn't be jealous, as nothing has happened previously. And after they get to know me, they would know I wouldn't put up with anything like that if it were to go "that way".

If it were something that started AFTER they were dating me........then yeah, I'd have a LOT of questions and concerns. And yes, jealously would be present, whether a tiny bit or a whole lot...

Anyone who claims to want to get to know me better, I lay down my laws for them. If they don't like it, fine....they can go their own way or stay just friends.

If they choose to pursue a relationship with me, then the laws are spelled out, clearly and concisely. If I get jealous, I let them know......because when I get jealous, it's the beginning of the end, unless they can prove to me that there is nothing going on.

6. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I don't get jealous, at all. I'm not even sure I know what jealousy is supposed to feel like. I know people have felt affronted on my behalf in circumstances where they assumed I would(should?) be jealous, but I have personally never felt that way.

7. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well... A kinda low self esteem can make you feel pretty jealous, but I don't resent the person I'm with. I would tend to resent the person that my lover is with and even more myself. I'm so afraid of being left alone that it can get to my head quite easily, even if I hide it.

That said I have a kind of sixth sense about it x)
    Back then, I had a girlfriend I had been half a year with. And one day she didn't answer my texts until the evening, and same went for the day after. I, for the first time in my life, felt a great pain in my stomach non stop during those two days. I then learnt that she'd spent those days with an old friend of her at the swimming pool, cuddling and kissing him.
    A 6th sense for jealous people !

8. Tudi

I can agree with Aeolia. I'm sure the jealous often depends on the self esteem.
    I used to have some problems with it 2 years ago and was really crazy jealous man. I even could steal a partner's phone just to read messages. It was awful. I hate remember about it.
    Now it's like : "Pff, I'm too awesome to be cheated". But if I clearly can see I'm cheated, I break off relationship.

9. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Best quote ever :') Made my day

10. waitwhat

waitwhat Guest

I can get jealous. Not too great at easily getting over it either. A girl that I met at work almost two years ago became my best friend very quickly. Of course since I'm so confused, I felt/feel like I had/have a crush on her. But a few months ago, they hired a new girl who happened to know my friend. Well that made me insanely jealous, and before I even officially met this new girl, I hated her. Still not really over that dislike, but I know her now and I'm not a big fan anyway.

11. White Knight

Nope...

I will drop the guy like a hot patato if I sniff somethings wrong... until that time I will trust him like I want him to trust me.

Love, understanding and trust are golden triangle of a relationship, if one is missing there is no relationship to speak of.

12. QueerQueen

I do get jealous. Most of the time when I do I'll keep it to myself, unless it is really bad. It is usually when I find out somebody likes my girlfriend or vice versa that I get jealous. All I need to get over it is reassurance, I want to know that I am the one my partner wants. Sometimes it will linger on my mind, but most of the time I'll get over it quite easily.

I hate when someone is trying to go out of their way to try and get me jealous.. to get my attention, or to hurt me or to find out if I care. I think that's stupid. I don't like when people get jealous of trivial shit either, like my skype name is close to my username on here and my ex thought it was to find other lesbians. LOL.

As far as them getting jealous, I would say pretty much the same thing as I want when I feel that way; reassure them and give them more attention. For some reason all of the people I have dated have been jealous of my best friend at the time. My ex didn't even want me to be alone with my best friend. Pfft.

There is definitely a limit, when they start being controlling and over protective and obsessive then that is a problem. Other than that I think jealousy is pretty natural honestly.

13. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Not really jealous. Envious sometimes, but that's about it. I'll get over it.

14. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Nah, not in a relationship sense anyways.

I am envious of the bodies of cis males. But in a relationship setting I do not get jealous.

15. tulipinacup

Oh god I think this is the reason why I'm really a scorpio because I do get jealous easily. I was much worse back then because I tend to be very obsessive as well. I do think though that my jealousy triggers only when I know something really is up and if there is, I cut it off instantly.

16. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I get a little bit jealous. Not too out of control or anything.

17. Jellal

I am absolutely capable of jealousy. I tend to be jealous of physical looks more than anything else, but I guess I'm also jealous of people who have a lot of success—by which I mean they have created work that people enjoy and are able to make a living off their passion.

It's been difficult grappling with my jealousy. I don't like admitting that I'm jealous because it makes me feel like I don't have enough self-esteem and so I'm failing as a human. But at the same time, I think there may be a positive side to my jealousy. My jealousy isn't the sort that makes me wish "if I can't have X, then neither should anyone else!" It's more benign. When I'm jealous of good looks, I try harder to improve my own. When I'm jealous of someone's success, I step up my game and work harder.

When other people are jealous of me, I tend to get really smug and smirk unconsciously. Having people be jealous of me makes me thing more highly of myself, so I tend to revel in what I've got that others desire. Unless of course, it's something I wish I DIDN'T have ... which tends to generate confusion towards the jealous party along with exasperation and disdain in small doses.

18. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I get jealous very easily. Mostly about love. I've never been in a relationship or felt loved like that, and my friend has been in three and counting many more for the future. No one has really shown an interest in me, and I'm not the assertive type. If I was in a relationship, I'd probably get jealous, depending on how much I trusted my partner. I have a crush on this guy but when he went out with someone else and I learned they got very, very close (as in sex), that depressed me very much. He didn't love me back and I was jealous of the girl he was with.

19. RainbowVomiter

that's a strange situation to be in...

i get jealous if people are really kind/resilient, or if they are overachievers. but in a self-hating way

but i don't think i could be friends with someone who's in general just a jealous person, who gets jealous about a lot of things. at a certain point it's like, you're not even happy for me. i can't talk about my life with you

20. UniqueTomboy95

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It depends on the person. If I absolutely love the person and she talks to someone else, i get jealous. If me and a girl keeps fighting and everything then she can do whatevershe wants but I will get a little jealous though. It's just a part of life.