1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Prom?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andrew99, Mar 4, 2015.

1. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Well if you don't know already I go to online school which means I do everything from home. Well believe it or not they're having a prom. $20 for couples and $15 for singles. (I'm single btw) well I decided I'm not going to go because I don't really know anyone really. So I was just wondering if any of you guys have gone to prom or not? And if you have gone what was it like?

2. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't go. I didn't finish high school conventionally.

3. Rainbows~Exist

I haven't gone but mines in June and I can't wait!!! :grin:

4. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I didn't go to my Senior Prom, but I did go to pretty much every school dance, from the 7th grade till my Sr. Year...and in the first 4 years, had a girlfriend. But mainly, I went because it was a way to get out of the house, and socialize...I lived in a very rural area, so even though I wasn't big on dancing, it was a great way to just sit around and talk, get to know people, hang out with friends, laugh, have a good time. I think we may have had an average of 6-8 dances a year. And it never seemed to matter if you were popular, or plain, or geeky, I never felt any weird pressures; it was like the normal social order of school had somehow been altered, subtly, perhaps by the dark...

I say go, just for the experience. From the sounds of it, there's going to be others who also don't know anyone, so it sounds like a fun opportunity to mix and mingle, or even just sit back and observe.

(Huh, now I wonder...is the song, 'Rock Lobster' by the B-52's still played at every school dance?)

#4 HuskyPup, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  5. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm home-schooled, so I doubt I'll be going to any prom, but if I did somehow get an opportunity (one of my friends in school might ask me, who knows), I'd probably seize it because this seems like the kind of thing a person could really regret, even if it doesn't seem like it that's important.

6. wolf of fire

I went to mine, I was alone and the food was the only highlight.

7. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    It doesn't exist where I live.

8. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    $20 is actually pretty cheap :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

I went to mine, and while the night itself was fun, there was a lot of drama leading up to it. If I could do it again, I might of still gone, but I would've bitched at the people pushing me around LOL :lol:

9. KingJude

Mine's in the Summer. I don't like the whole concept really, but I'm going to be open-minded and try to enjoy myself.

10. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    At the time we never had prom in England which I'm glad about

They have them now

11. LibertyValance

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I went with a group of other single friends, in spite of my reservations about such events (parents thought it would be a good idea for me to be more sociable for a change). As expected though I absolutely hated the whole affair, the noisiness and rambunctiousness of the whole thing was not at all to my liking (though that's typical of me since I am extremely buttoned-up so to speak and have a strong dislike of most any "fun" behavior). So I am sure some people enjoy it but it was not at all for me. If the thing sounds like something you would enjoy though I would recommend you go for it since you don't want to miss out on something that could be quite memorable.

12. Stripe101

Why go to prom when you can go home instead?

13. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I still say go. It's fun to be able to borrow the car or go with somebody who has one, stay out late, maybe even go out someplace afterwards like a 24 hour-diner, hang out, talk, get out of the parental nest.

I was never Mr. popular, but I still managed to have a good time at these sorts of things, and looking back, would certainly do it all over again. Only with a boyfriend, if I could! Well, maybe not, 'cause things haven't changed so much as to make that where I wouldn't be scared, but any chance to escape for a bit was more than welcome for me :slight_smile:

14. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Didn't go to ours. Really not my scene. If I remember correctly I went to a friend's house and got a little (maybe a lot) drunk.

Not sure when proms even appeared here, but retailers and the like won't miss out on any opportunity to make money, even if it involves importing foreign holidays and events.

#14 imnotreallysure, Mar 4, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2015
  15. JackAttack

JackAttack Guest

I went to mine many years ago now. I wore a suit and a bow tie at the time and looking back, I looked like a right twat. I do remember it being quite fun though but no way near the best night of my life.

16. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Ah, that's why I skipped Prom, but went to all the other dances: I HATE dressing up in formal clothes! I had my own kinda look, and it wasn't a tux!

One thing, you can always sneak off someplace, the woods even...and though I didn't get into 'trouble' at such things, the idea was indeed tempting. Instead, it would take me becoming an adult to get into 'trouble'. :slight_smile:

17. Bolt35

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    it was 300 for the entire senior package stuff at my high school, as far as i remember......i didn't go. i never felt like a i had a connection to that school really nor the people in it, so why bother. i don't regret it one bit haha, the whole "high school gimmick" didn't work out for me

18. aeva

Prom was...interesting. I went with my boyfriend at the time, but spent a lot of the actual dance consoling a friend outside (he'd come with a girl who he was in love with, who he found out didn't really like him back). I'm not a dancer, so I was actually fine with that. I heavily debated even going, but eventually figured that I'd probably feel like I'd missed out if I didn't.

Afterwards, my closest friends and I (and our dates) went bowling in our prom clothes, which was a lot of fun. My parents stayed with a neighbor so we could have the house for the night. We spent the evening getting slightly drunk and just hanging out in my living room. I also spent a good chunk of time making out with one (or 2?) of my female friends.

19. Gabby29

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I went to my senior prom and it was honestly lame. High school was never like I thought it would be and it pretty much killed the excitement of all the high school traditions.. but I did have a good time in band and drama club lol.