1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where/how have you met people?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Randomcloud, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Randomcloud

Tell me your stories :slight_smile:

I'm curious to know because sometimes as an LGBT person it is darn difficult to date without resorting to dating websites (nothing wrong with that!)

My friend met her current girlfriend at her favourite band's concert. I think that's pretty rad

2. Tudi

Well, in the most cases I meet LGBT people in special websites indeed.
    But once when I was skiing I crashed into a fir and couldn't get out. Just lying on the snow, looked up at the sky with my skis staying stuck somewhere in the tree . Then girl with the shining snowboard appeared and saved me. I felt myself like a princess who was saved from angry monster x)
    I invited her to the cafe just for express my gratitude. We got to talking and I understood she supports the LGBT rights. It was enough. In my country almost everyone who supports LGBT rights applies to them. That's all.

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I don't. I have no friends, let alone dates.

There's no cute people here anyways (though I'd be in better luck finding girls than guys)

4. Maria1679

Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Excellent question, and I have no answer as I've been wondering the same thing. I find the dating sites to be awkward since I never know what to say. It's so impersonal...I do a little better face to face. But then there's the issue of my shyness that I struggle to overcome. I'm screwed either way. Lol

5. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've met a lot of people at bars and clubs, but that's admittedly not everyone's cup of tea.

6. Blackbirdz

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I've met people through college groups and also off of Meetup. com. I've met many LGBT friendly people at Anime Conventions. I would say that conventions in particular have been really good for me as far as social networking goes. You meet a lot of the same people at these events and it really helps to expand your friend base.

#6 Blackbirdz, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2015
  7. QueerQueen

I have met them at college, clubs, the lgbt community but mostly through friends. I remember in the summer a year or two ago. My friend was having a pool party and invited some people over, one of our mutual friends brought one of her friends, her name was Alley.. and considering I was out to everyone it wasn't long before someone mentioned my sexuality and when she found out she told me she was pan and we kind of hit it off from there. We started flirting and I got her number before the end of the night.. unfortunately it didn't get very far.. but it was still a great experience and we are still friends.

8. Ryu

Ryu

I second this.

9. SohoDreamer

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Bars, clubs, parties normally. My most serious relationship so far though was with a girl I met in college.

10. Psaurus918

I haven't really. The 2 gay friends I have I met through other friends. I've joined a couple dating sites and have met practically no one. I have such a bad "gaydar" I don't dare trust it to pick up guys in public.

11. Gay4Life

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    ****** and school, mostly. lol

12. CyanChachki

Online, through my job, through friends of mine and from my sports.

13. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Met people I've dated that were also GSM? Online, not through dating sites though, just met on forums or in online games. Friends though, I've met all over the place, from conventions, to school, to life long friends coming out to me, online as well and even just being intentionally introduced to other people by my well meaning sister! :slight_smile: