1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Public Apology

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Morrisome, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Morrisome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Hello,

After spending a one month period ban from the forum, I'd like to use this opportunity to explain a couple of things and apologize for all I have done.
    A little while after joining the forum, my condition worsened and I attempted suicide in my native country. However, I survived and I wrote a post about it here and received nothing but overwhelming support, love, and encouragement. I have to say I was way too flattered by all the attention I got and for the first time in my life I felt I belonged somewhere. In the days following the incident and in a sad and somewhat pathetic and inconsiderate attempt to receive attention, I made several threads in the anonymous forum fabricating stories and situations asking the kind members for their opinions and help. It's a despicable and shameful thing to do and I regret it terribly. This is not usually the kind of thing I would do and I do not know why I ever did it. All I know is that whatever I did was wrong and totally unfair for those who were kind enough to offer their support, love, judgment, and opinion. It's a betrayal of the emotional input they so kindly invested in the spirit of helping others who were genuinely in need of help. There are no words strong enough to describe how sorry I am, how regretful, and ashamed. I'm sorry to everyone involved in any of my anonymous threads, I'm sorry I fabricated stories, and I'm sorry I wasted your time and love. As the admin who informed me on the situation said, maybe all of it was a wrong way of crying for help, I guess that was all it was and I feel terrible about it. I hope you can find it in your big hearts to forgive me. Thank you.
    - Morrisome.​

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I've only been here for like a week so I'm not really aware of what happened, but well...
    Welcome back.

3. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    People deserve seconds chances if they really mean what they say. :slight_smile: And it seems that you know your mistakes. Welcome come back! (*hug*)

4. potofsoup

potofsoup Guest

Its alright Morrisome. I hope you have a new beginning here. Welcome (*hug*) :slight_smile:

5. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    ... Ok.

Being honest will spare you having to apologize later. Also you will get much more from being honest, trust me.

You feel alone and unwanted, just say it. Folks here are able to help you, they really are.
    Be honest, man... It doesn't cost you a penny anyways, and doesn't hurt.

6. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi Morrisome,

Thank you for the apology. It's great to see that you have returned, and that you've done the noble thing by owning up to your mistakes, and apologising to those who got caught up in the threads.

Unfortunately, cries for help and attention comes with the territory of what EC does, so it wouldn't be pragmatic for the community to hold grudges or even permanently eject members from the community who do that in an inappropriate way. However, we do ask that individuals have the integrity to admit when they have made these types of mistakes, and have the compassion towards other people to apologise for wasting their time and effort. You've been brave enough to do that, and it's something that we very much appreciate, and will ultimately forgive you for.

To echo what Vodkabaret said, be yourself on here. There's no shortage of people who feel isolated and alone, and the healthiest way for people to genuinely fulfil that need is by being honest about it and supporting one another. It might seem easier to get attention by creating a fake story for support and sympathy, but you'll only get authentic attention and friendship from people if you be yourself. Nobody here is interested in judging you negatively. :slight_smile:

I'm glad you've decided to stick around. Kudos for owning up to your mistakes and apologising for them. I've certainly moved on from it, and I hope you'll be able to as well without punishing yourself.

Martin.

7. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    This part is very, VERY important. Please remember that, Morrisome (and anybody else who at least thinks of punishing themselves for things they did in the past).

8. Aro

Aro

Exactly. Everyone makes mistakes and though I didn't see for myself what happened, I think it's admirable to own what you did. Welcome back. I hope that now things will be more comfortable for you. c:

9. Joelouis

A huge plus for coming clean.
    Don't hang your head in shame for the deceit, hold your head up high for the courage to own up to your mistakes.

10. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you for your apology. It's much better to man up to it and face it than to continue to lie, or let the previous stories linger. While it was immature to make up stories, coming clean to us is the mature thing to do.

11. MisterTinkles

Not to poke holes in someones balloon here.......

but if Im wrong, please correct me...............

If this is the person of whom the Admins posted a lot of information on, about the false stories........then I believe they also said you are actually female and not male, as you post you are.

Or is that another poster who was posting false stories????

12. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    That was someone else.

13. CyanChachki

I appreciate you coming clean about all that but I'm not going to spare you my feelings on how upset I am over this. Firstly, I understand that suicide is no joke and harming yourself isn't okay. Receiving attention for that is just fine. What I don't like is that you did other things for attention when you weren't in a crisis. I have to be honest and say that I don't feel that it was a cry for help at all. If it where a cry for help you would've needed that help and therefore you wouldn't have had to write out this public apology.

I'm not going to be completely harsh but this isn't something that should be happening at all. If you want to talk, say that you want to talk. Don't be shooting off false stories that take away the attention from others who actually need it. What you need to do right now is to figure out a way to direct that energy. I don't care what others do, it's their choice but I'm not letting you off that easy. People who are addicted to attention tend to apologize for their behavior, only to repeat their actions. People who are alone and lonely are more vulnerable for this kind of addiction. When you feel the urge, ask to talk to someone and avoid making anymore fabricated stories at all costs.

14. Morrisome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I have never done that before and I will never do it again.
    I understand you are upset. I guess there's nothing more I can do.
    I did apologize and I'm ashamed myself for what I did.
    I'm not an attention seeker and I never was. People make mistakes, I regrettably made a mistake. Thank you.

I'd like to thank everyone for their kind understanding and nice words.
    Truly, I'm sorry.

15. CyanChachki

I really, truly hope that you will never do it again. Not only could it ruin your life but it could ruin a lot of people's trust. The reason why I'm saying what I'm saying is because I've been through so many "friends" that I met both online and offline, who have lied to me about multiple things, stories they've told me that never took place and it's not a great feeling when the truth unfolds. One, I felt very manipulated and two, I felt like I couldn't trust them again. I did give them another chance because I believe that in every relationship, a person should get 3 chances and if they don't turn themselves around, it's time to leave.

I know that you apologized and I'll believe that you're sorry but what got me thinking is what you said. You said that you did this because you enjoyed the attention you got from people who where helping you with what happened in real life and therefore, you fabricated stories that got that same attention. That is attention seeking. You went out and purposely looked for attention that you wanted. And to be honest, I'm trying to put this in the best way possible without getting angry at you because I do understand where you came from and why you did it. I understand that you're probably really lonely, fairly lost and maybe you just simply wanted more of it..

..but the reason why you need to really understand why this is wrong instead of saying "well it's just a mistake" and looking the other way is because it could really hurt you in the future and I don't want to see that happening to anyone, especially someone who was just trying to feel a bit better. Do you understand what I mean?

16. Morrisome

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yes I do. I'm terribly sorry.

17. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Just to be clear... for someone who went to great depths to spin a completely fake story over months, as BlueSkies did... I can't speak for the whole staff team, but I'd have a really hard time letting that person continue participating on EC after that sort of long-running violation of people's trust. Additionally, BlueSkies lied her ass off and disappeared when confronted.

In this case, there were a number of short attention-seeking posts, and Morrisome owned up to it. Huge difference in integrity.

While the behavior itself was pretty terrible, Morrisome has accepted responsibility and is listening to, and hopefully learning from, the impact of the inappropriate behavior. That takes a lot of integrity, vulnerability, and courage.

18. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It took courage to come back and to apologise for your behaviour. We all make mistakes and being able to say sorry and meaning it, will go a long way in rebuilding trust.

(*hug*)

19. BlueLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Hello.

Although I don't know you, I'd like to tell you a few words. First of all, everybody commit mistakes, especially when we are going through a situation of despair and anguish. You know what you did was wrong and you've been very brave to apologise and admit your mistake.

I hope you're having a better time right now.

20. bingostring

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Can you turn this experience in to a way of taking your life in a better direction, Morrisome?