1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let's Talk About Pranks

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LakanLunti, Mar 7, 2015.

1. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    3 weeks before the month of pranking. Are you the PRANKSTER or the PRANK VICTIM? What are your proudest pranks that you've pulled successfully? Or what is the best prank ever pulled to you?

One of my proudest prank I've ever pulled is giving my cousin a balloon covered with icing that looks like a cake. It was her bday. We let her cut the "cake". And she did! The balloon exploded and she has icing all over her face (and some on our face too).

2. randomly me

randomly me Guest

How did you even get that idea? :grin:

Two siblings so both prankster and victim.mostly verbal pranks though.

3. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Huh, I've wanted to try that balloon/cake/icing one, thanks for the reminder!

At work last year, I had a fairly good one: I sent out an e-mail to about 20 people I work with, including student staff, that the copiers and scanners were now voice-activated and would follow basic voice commands, and listed them. (I work at a college library). So it was funny to see a few co-workers talking to the same old unresponsive copier/scanners.

I also enjoy things as simple as crazy-gluing a quarter to the counter at the main desk, and watching people try to grab it...you get a funny variety of reactions.

OK, time to start thinking here. I love being a mischievous trickster!

4. SemiCharmedLife

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm definitely a prankster. My first year of grad school I posted on Facebook that I was being profiled as an up and coming researcher in a magazine, and provided a link to the profile. When they clicked the link, they saw this

5. HighQualityLog

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    One of the things I never grow tired of is watching people fall victim to pranks online. However, I have executed a few pranks. One I can remember was last year a big snow storm was about to hit and we just knew school would close. I edited a bulletin on our school's website to make it show a message that said we would not close at all regardless of how bad the snow will be using a plugin that changes a webpage from your point of view on your computer. Like Photoshop in essence. I screenshotted it and sent it to my friend who was just waiting for schools to close. Of course, after about 5 minutes after his reaction he figured out it was a hoax.

6. Justinian20

I've never pranked or been pranked in my life. I'm too hard to actually prank because I do everything looking completely neutral and so if I have been pranked I don't even react so it's not funny to anyone

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm debating...

On one hand, I'd like to share. But on the other, I don't like people knowing all of my tricks, LOL.

8. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Oh, c'mon...share!

In middle-school, I had a friend who would play major pranks, the sort one might get in serious trouble for. I think he fascinated me, because he would do the mean, rebellious things I secretly wanted to, but was afraid to.

In any event, from a local hunting supply store, he bought a bottle of skunk musk, and then sprayed it via oral syringe into the intake vents for the 8th grade building, which caused it to have to be closed for the day, as the smell was so strong...looking back, this prank is a reminder of how much I hated my middle school. Even today, over two decades later, I'd still have fantasies of doing things that to the place, though of course, I wouldn't go that far. But looking back, I'm glad I had that friend...

9. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Show us how the royal queen pranks! SHARE!!!

I also like hiding in the closet of my cousin when he's taking a shower. And when he's out of the bathroom and is reaching for some clothes in the closets where I am hiding, I would grab his hand and screech like Toshiyo in The Grudge. He would run naked out his room :badgrin: They are unlucky to have me as their cousin. I LOVE pranking!

10. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

So be it.

An associate of mine had a room mate he didn't get along with, and it was really bothering him. He knew of my tendency to get people to do what I wanted, and asked me to help him out. I didn't want to, because at the time I was focused on other things, but he offered to pay me, so...

When his room mate would go outside to warm up the car, due to the cold weather, they'd leave the keys in, which allowed me to easily get inside of it. This wouldn't have been a problem, but see, when the weather was cold, he liked to take my associate's car, which meant burning up gasoline to heat it up; and he never gave him gas money. I'd turn their heat off and put the air-conditioning on, so when they came out, they'd be expecting a warm car, but find just the opposite. Naturally, this delayed their departure time, which rolled over into them arriving at work late, as they had to wait to reheat the car. They started offering some money for gas after this.

Mission Accomplished.

When his room mate would take a shower, he liked hot water. He liked it a lot, so much so, he would wait up to half a hour until it was 'just right', which meant my associate, usually, had to make due with cold water. His room mate also liked to listen to music while showering, so this made it all the easier. I'd take the ice trays from their freezer and put them into plastic crates, and place them right outside the shower. Then I'd "cut off" the warm water via the hot water heater, which made it ice cold. Since the room mate didn't like cold water, nor the sudden change, he'd barge out of the shower and right into the plastic crates of ice water. He stopped wasting hot water after this.

Mission Accomplished.

His room mate also liked to eat all their food, but rarely contribute. His favorite things to eat were potato chips, which I took full advantage of. I mixed up a nasty batch of food (eggs, vinegar, etc), some of it partially rotten, and would carefully cut the top of the potato chip bag, place the nasty contents inside, and then lightly glue it back -- giving the impression, the bag was new and unopened. Naturally, he'd open the bag and reach in, which is when he'd catch a whiff of the smell, and feel his hands. He stopped just grabbing and eating stuff after this, and bought his own food, because he didn't want to have such a thing happen again.

Mission Accomplished.

His room mate did not like to clean up after themselves, and due to this, it left the house smelling slightly bad. When his room mate would go to sleep, I'd slip in and gently remove his sheets and place slightly wet Kool-Aid mixture on them, and lay them back upon him. During the night, he would roll around, getting the drink mix all over him and his bed -- thus forcing him to actually clean his bed, which he continued to do from then on. He'd also bathe earlier in the day, too, which killed the odor to a respectable degree.

Mission Accomplished.

My associate's room mate also had a terrible habit of having loud sex, which was keeping him up, and made it harder to get rested. So, when his room mate was gone, we cut a hole in his wall, put a small radio there which could play cassette tapes. The hole went to the other side, which connected to my associate's room, allowing us to be able to access and play the radio. When they'd be really into it, we'd play some classic jams, like "The Wheels on the Bus Go 'Round and 'Round" and "Jesus Loves the Little Children", which he could hear but not make out where it was coming from. Naturally, this killed the mood, and he learned not to be so rude.

Mission Accomplished.

That was just one person, but it should suffice for the moment, LOL.

11. RainbowVomiter

Justine you are a role model to us all!!

once on a trip me and my friend prank called one of our friends who takes fruit with her everywhere, saying that the hotel managers knew she smuggled fruit and was going to come up and get it from her :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

then one of my professors changed the language of a chemistry instrument to russian and watched her students' anguish as they tried to finish the lab :laugh:

12. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll give a couple of fairly harmless and fun pranks that anyone can do (because I don't want to put any really bad ideas into the young 'uns heads!):

If you know someone who's a smoker, get hold of their already-opened cigarette packet when they're out of the room. Slide the cellophane sheath off the bottom and carefully place it over the lid end instead (you may have to ever so slightly dent a corner to get it on without breaking it). Leave it in the place you found it. It sounds simple but you will be amazed at how long someone will fiddle with it when they are otherwise occupied and trying to fish out a cigarette on autopilot, and even when they notice something is up they won't figure it out straight away, so you can watch them picking at the packet in frustration trying to get it open.

Another thing is if you have a rubbish bin/garbage can with a lid outside you can buy one of those Halloween props like a severed foot or hand and place it on top of the bag, and place the lid over it (not at Halloween though, too obvious). You can then watch from the window as the person coming to empty it lifts the lid and has a momentary holy-shit-a-serial-killer-lives-here moment before they realise it's fake. Important note however: do NOT buy something that looks very realistic, not only is this a waste of money, but it could result in a police visit!

These next ones are not so much 'pranks' but are fun to do regardless:

Go to a supermarket and buy a couple of things that will raise a few eyebrows when placed together, then go to a checkout with a lot of people with more items than you have, and discretely observe their reactions. I discovered this one my accident when I once needed to pop into a busy shop to get just a couple of items for my mother... and those items just happened to be a large cucumber, and a packet of diarrhea tablets.

This one is definitely more for the amusement of others, seeing as you probably won't get the chance to observe any reactions usually. You know how Dr's surgeries and Dentists waiting rooms have lots of boring magazines? Bring one of your own (you don't have to spend money on it, just use one of the free ones that stores giveaway) and fill the inside with amusing graffiti, like giving speech and thought bubbles to the models advertising clothing to show what they are really thinking, or drawing silly things on them, or editing the text. You then casually leave this with the other magazines for someone else to find, and hopefully it will make them raise a smile at least if they have ANY sense of humour. Bonus points if you can do this with a a child's magazine (be sure to keep the humour age-appropriate, though!) because you can be certain they will appreciate this more than the adults when stuck bored with nothing to do, or perhaps anxiously awaiting dental treatment (take their minds off of it).

13. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Shizz! This is brilliant! I m gonna do this to my smoker cousin! I also did a cigarette prank to my cousin. I pulled out some of the cigarette buds out of the cigarette and carefully inserted several trimmed matchsticks inside. When he lit the cigarette, he was shocked that the cigarette combusted aggressively. Hahaha! I love pranking him! I should sometimes video it! ›:slight_smile:

14. Randomcloud

I don't pull many pranks though I'd like to...I'm just not inventive.

I think the best prank I pulled was at high school when I brought in a can of tuna for lunch (but the can had the label from my cat's food on it) and ate it casually in front of everyone.
    Tame, but oh well. I also used to have a few pets rats and would sometimes walk down the street with one in my hair just to see people's horrified reactions