1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project...Help?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by nodoubtjunkie, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Hello you lovely people of EC!
    I have another art assignment, should I choose to accept it. Not that I really have a choice, should I aspire to pass my A Levels :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    But anyway...
    Today I was given possibly one of the coolest assignments ever, I just need your input :slight_smile:
    We were given a choice of three words to base a project upon, these three words were...
    Artificial
    Synthetic
    and Imitation​
    Now, I chose the word imitation, because I guess it stood out to me. I've gone with my gut instinct, and chose to do my project about Gender Identity.
    The reason I chose to do it under Imitation, is because of the way I feel society views transgender. I feel like society is not well informed at all, and does not make very...educated opinions alot of the time, and I get very angry when people make hurtful comments about how transgender people are not 'true males' or 'true females' because I believe thats about as true as horse manure. So I want to show the world differently.
    I want to show that gender does not matter, it is not important, or I feel like it isn't anyway. I want to show that transgender people are exactly the same as everybody else, and try to break the taboo of even one person, and hopefully help change somebody's thinking about the subject.
    I also want to explore the side of drag acts, both kings and queens, because a drag performance is not a lifestyle (please, please correct me if I'm wrong, I really don't want to offend anybody here...) but a freedom of expression, and not a desire to live the life of the opposite sex, and I want to highlight the difference between the two.

I have three main ideas for an outcome at the moment, but I'm not sure at this moment. I have 5 weeks to complete the preliminary work and the final outcome, so I don't really have that long.

Any input, ideas or comments from you guys would be so, so helpful. I'd really like to do this well, and I'd really like to be able to make a difference, so anything you guys can suggest would be awesome :slight_smile:

Pretty please?

(I've tried to word this the best I can, but it's nearly my bed time, and if I have worded anything wrong, and it's upsets people, please let me know, and if it does upset anyone, I'm really sorry, I never meant to cause any offense, this is just something I feel really passionate about.)

Thanks guys :slight_smile:

2. Nixon

noble task

but i have no help