1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Music and mood

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by greyundrstndng, Nov 10, 2008.

1. I know that people have probably beaten this to death somewhere, but im listening to metal now and have been over the last couple weeks. I used to listen to heavier music and music with a strong beat and melody. Though after going to college and going to bars I listened to hip hop, pop and rap due to environment and new found peers. but honestly i think im more at home with metal, punk, rock and the like. its just comfortable.....its who i am i guess.......! and of course like most gay men lol I LOVE TECHNO! :icon_bigg lol

2. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I don't like techno that much, nor rap nor hip hop or pop music. A lot of what I listen to comes from video game soundtracks. I feel sorry for the people who think VG music is all 8-bit beeps and boops, they're missing some great stuff.

3. My music requirements: TALENT. I don't really appreciate music that I could throw together with GarageBand. I love music with talented vocalists- people who use their voices to sing, not just say words in a certain key. I'm also a sucker for good piano parts. Beyond that, anything goes. I usually listen to depressing music though. The deeper, less known Evanescence stuff, and Within Temptation, for example. When I feel like listening to more upbeat music, usually the Beatles or other similar music from that era.

4. Numfarh

Numfarh Guest

I...

Well...

There's something I need to tell you.

I listen to Top-40 hits almost exclusively.
    This, of course, includes any has-been popular songs as well as current stuff.
    Also, I listen to alot of musicals/Disney songs. Mostly because I like to picture how I would be acting out the various roles/I'M A ROMANTIC.

5. MattyPatty

I listen to almost everything except I don't like most rap and really.. slutty hip hop just pisses me off. Oh and I dislike country music as well but I listen to pretty much everything else. Right now I'd say my favourite style is that sorta British pop blues thing, I really have no idea what it's actually classified as but Adele and Duffy are really rocking it for me right now :slight_smile:

6. Bunny

My playlist is all over the place. Sometimes I feel as though I live for music...just not rap, country, or hip-hop. :x

7. MattyPatty

Ha, like me :grin: Mwaha

8. Kryz

I like about everything, except rap, and shitty pop. Or stupid songs.
    I rather music based on the interpeter rather than the song itself.

9. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

I have a heavy influence from my dad and listen too most things frm the 70's and 80's Prog rock etc. Can't stand rap, hip hop. Love listening to Autsralian and English rock and I will not go out and actively listen to techno.
    Oh and I agree with Wander game music is awesome!

10. Nick

Emo (844 songs), Alternative/Punk (909), Rock (1057), Soundtracks (1545). Those are the main genres that I listen to.

<3 them all

11. Jeimuzu

I was listening to Amon Amarth (do doo, do do do) last night, so you're not alone in the metalliness. xD

12. Apocalypte

Amon Amarth are awesome.

I'll give almost anything a listen - but about 70-75% of my collection is metal.

I'm even listening to Opeth right now.

13. SlickyPants

Even though you might of missed it, Video Games Live is an awesome show. According to their Tour Date listing they came to Birmingham, AL about a month ago. I saw it when they came to Winnipeg and it was amazing. An orchestra and choir plays some of the greatest music from every era video games. They even give a brief nod to the bleeps and boops of '70s and early '80s. If it ever comes back to your neck of the woods then be sure to check it out, you'll be amazed. :slight_smile:

Here's a little clip of some music that everyone will recognize
    [YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uJMdFHE90iI[/YOUTUBE]

And a bit of Metal Gear Solid just for fun.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W_6LG8dyE0U&feature=related[/YOUTUBE]

#13 SlickyPants, Nov 11, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2008
  14. Jeimuzu

Hahaha wow, Opeth were on too. I was listening to Amon Amarth on BBC Radio 1 Rock Show. Damn I love that show. It's so good.

15. Nixon

Lyrics
    and
    a voice with a character