1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Female Family members for Gay Guys

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Justinian20, Mar 11, 2015.

1. Justinian20

I honestly think I am way closer to my sister and my mother than I am to my brother and father. My brother and I are kind of similar but I feel like I enjoy the company of my female friends more. Like if I had to choose someone to hang out with it would be my sister over my brother. Also I've always been closer to my mother, she practically raised me and taught me how to do stuff as well. When I learn about stuff, I learn it from my mother, I haven't learnt one thing from my father. My brother though we are a bit close, but he says "That's so Gay" way too often. I guess that is why currently we are sort of distant, yes we will talk about video games and guy stuff. But I am at my best with girl stuff and talking to females. Who else has this thing about themselves.

2. tulipinacup

Though I have 3 sisters in our family, I think I am only close to our 2nd child and it's just that I feel more comfortable with her. In terms of having circle of friends however, I seem to like it when there's a balance of male and female.

3. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yep...I feel closer to my mom than to my dad...I wish I had an older sister instead of an older brother...That way I could come out to her, and have someone else to be close to...

4. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I only have three male blood relatives, and I only have two relatives who are near my age - and they are both female (21 & 18).

So yeah, I've pretty much been surrounded by women my entire life, since my dad is nowhere to be seen (and my grandad died in 2010). It's never really bothered me, but sometimes I feel a little annoyed because I can't really relate to feminine stuff, and sometimes feel left out. Plus, living with 3 women (who are often moody) is an absolute nightmare. Female hygiene products everywhere.

My circle of friends is mostly male and a few females - mostly because I just click better with other guys, but in all honesty, after 19 years of being surrounded by women nearly every day of my life, it's kind of a relief. All of the drama and bitchiness in my family was starting to piss me off. Why can't girls just get along?! :grin:

#4 imnotreallysure, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  5. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm closer to my father. My mom and sister are too emotive, my father is more like me.

6. Rainbows~Exist

I'm close to all my family but when it comes to friends I waaaayyyy prefer to hang out with girls. Guys where I am only seem to talk about football, xbox and 'banter' :/ I like having girls as friends because we can gossip, talk about our issues and offer advice to each-other or talk about boys :grin:

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2015 at 04:37 PM ----------

Because it's part of the fun! I love a good bitching session now and again with my bestie :grin:
    Plus, Girls are much more complicated. I literally don't understand what's going on half of the time...

7. C P

C P

Well...not exactly the demographic but I have to say that, with the exception of my brother(it's kinda a different relationship), I've always had a bigger connection with female relatives. With like an exception or two, can't really say that I connect much with male relatives...some of which I'm kinda silent around if I'm alone in their company.

I couldn't beg to differ more. I personally feel guys are (a lot) more complicated, even if they can be a bit simpler in ways. I just...don't really...get...guys and always feel like more of an alien around them. .-.

8. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    my 4 female sisters are my BFF we spend so much time together share secrets they even talk about periods in front of me or other girls stuff
    also my mother is my best friend we always go shopping together i tell her about my life and she is really cool
    my father and i are like co-workers we only talk in formal ways and we never really spend time together
    my brother well he is a little accepting and supporting me but i still dont really like spending too much time with him though just like OP said we do talk guys stuff like video games but not more than that we are not that much of friends

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2015 at 09:50 AM ----------

oh and my little sister is 100% accepting of me being gay and we give each others make overs we talk about guys and who do we like and you know girls talk !
    we also like the same guys sometimes and we get in this funny fight ^_^

9. Rainbows~Exist

I do see where you're coming from. I think one of the main reasons I prefer girls over guys is that I seem to 'fit in' more with them. I don't mind guys but I rarely find any that I could be potential really close friends with...

10. danielo21

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    I am more close to males than females, although I get along very good with masculine girls or women ( not necessarily lesbians)

11. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    to me boys are so complicated and even though they say boys are so simple and obvious to me boys are like so weird to understand i admit i feel like i use my mind like my female peers not like my male peers
    i really understand girls more
    you know as funny as its but some people get pissed that most gays here apply to the stereotype that its a norm for gay guys to get along with girls more than boys
    also guys some studies have showed that gay guys brains are slimier to females ones :smilewave

12. guitar

Right Joshy, there are a number of brain scan studies which show gay brains to have a certain cluster of cells IMAH3 more like a female's. There are also other studies which show gay men have greater difficulty on the average with things like reading maps (where straight men typically tend to excel compared to women).

With regards to the OT, I'm somewhere in the middle. It can be argued I get along better with guys or about the same as I do with women (interest in sports but not fashion for example), but with women I find I can connect with them about relationships in a certain way that I don't with guys; straight women "get" where I'm coming from when I complain about boys. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm pretty feminine so I definitely seem to get along with girls better and most of my friends are girls, but I do have a few close guy friends that I consider to be very good friends. They don't know I'm gay, though.

I know the stereotype is for a gay guy to be closer to his mom, but in my case, I think I'm equally close to both parents (but I am very close to my sister). I think part of it is that my dad isn't a beer-drinking sports-loving American lol, he's a European computer nerd. My dad isn't exactly Mr. Manly Man himself, so I actually have a lot in common with him and we get along pretty well.

14. Formality

I have it many times easier talking to girls and I'm way closer to my mom than my dad. I only have brothers however and I'm pretty close to both of them even though we have our indifferences. When I was in highschool i felt like a lot of the guys were somewhat douchy or "dudes", while some girls were also shitty, I believe the kindness ratio was much higher among the girls. I just have it much easier relating to girls than guys.

15. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    For me it depends on the individual. I'm pretty masculine acting, so I can get along well with both guys and girls. I will say that I'm closer to my mom than my dad, but that's mostly because my dad and I don't see eye to eye on a lot of things like religion and sexuality. We still get along well as long as we don't venture into the topics mentioned above.

As long as I like the person I can get along with just about anyone.

16. NewKid87

I've always been very close to my mother and sister. I don't know if that has anything to do with my sexuality though. My parents divorced when I was very young and since then I have not been geographically close to my dad.

It's possible that made me somehow internalize the notion that females are more loyal. Most of my close friends are girls, but not an overwhelming majority. Since I've been closeted my whole life, I feel like I've generally been guarded to some degree with all my friends. Maybe that will change now, and hopefully I'll find it easier make and get close to friends in general.