1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bullying in the street

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by joshy the queen, Mar 11, 2015.

1. joshy the queen

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    we LGBT people are always bullied everywhere

so recently the bullying is getting more in my neighborhood from guys only of course
    best thing i can do about it??
    i always answer with meany comments in return and keep walking is it good ??
    what do you do ?? and what do you think about what im doing ??

---------- Post added 11th Mar 2015 at 08:30 AM ----------

today they throw some dirty stuff on me while walking T_T
    i told them to watch out for themselves or else would happen

2. Rainbows~Exist

What you should do is put your head up and ignore them! If you show them that you're not bothered by what they're doing and think they are being pathetic then they should stop doing it.

I normally walk past bullies unfazed and glance at them in disgust.

3. Quen

I'm sorry you have to deal with bullies. Cowards, the lot of them. If your country has something like a restraining order, you may want to keep logs on what happens in case the violence gets worse. If not, I'd recommend not walking alone as much as possible. If you keep standing up for yourself, they may leave you alone. But always keep a close eye on them, and never trust that they won't do anything much worse. Stay safe! (*hug*)

4. RainDreamer

Just...be safe. Get ready to call police if it escalate.

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

As a former recovering bully, I want to address the "... or else!".

If a bully says this, it's a very non-clever way of threatening. However, if somebody is being bullied says this, then you can, most of the time, expect a bully to call you out on that.

See, some bullies love it when their targets step up to them, especially when the bully believes they have the advantage, be it numbers, size, or skill. They get a high off putting you down and making you feel bad, but to break your courage? That's an orgasm to us them.

Not much else made me happier, than somebody thinking they were going to 'be the hero', because it was a 2-for-1 deal. I got to destroy their pride, for one, and their humiliation was a renewal of the power I had, for anybody that saw or heard what happened, secondly. So, while some bullies may think nothing of this, you have to watch out for the ones who will acknowledge that, and begin incorporating it into their motives.

Basically, you have to have some bite with your bark at times. Strive for keeping safe, first, and at least be ready to stand up for yourself, if you're going to snap back at them. Otherwise, you're setting yourself up for a much worse experience.

As for how to handle them, I'll have to give you a rain check on that. For now, this should suffice.

#5 Kaiser, Mar 11, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2015
  6. Zane7

Zane7 Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Yeah, I'm sorry to hear you're bullied, Joshy. Honestly, the best thing you can do is ignore it to the best of your ability. Send the message that such bullies are completely irrelevant to your day. Tempting as it may be to fire back at them, fighting fire with fire only creates more fire. Best to douse the flames whether than fan them, you know?

7. Typhoon

Typhoon Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I haven't been bullied since I was like 13. Looking back, stopping it had a lot to do with sticking up for myself, not with words but with clenched fists, or at the very least giving the impression that physical bullying wasn't going to be taken lightly. A height advantage and growth spike at the age of fourteen and onwards admittedly helped a lot but I haven't actually done anything lately that would provoke bullying (especially anti-gay bullying), say holding hands / kissing another bloke in public.