1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What do you think of non binary genders?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by randomly me, Mar 11, 2015.

1. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Since a lot of people seems to see us as a bunch of attention seeking weirdos i just wanted to know what people think that are actually somewhat accepting of non binarys without being non binary themselves.
    and on the opposide to all non binarys here what do you think of binary genders?

2. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Please love me. I will love you too. :3

3. the idiots555

Sexual Orientation:
    Straight
    when i came out to my online and offline friends about being genderfluid they were accepting and they understood so not all people think of non binary like us as attention seeking.

4. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I used to consider myself non-binary but found out I'm happier as a girl... I wouldn't discount anyone else's experience as non-binary and consider them invalid nor would I compare someone else's experiences to mine. We're all different and I think that is a beautiful thing, I'm actually very interested in non-binary genders and I like learning more about them... ^_^

5. ForNarnia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Absolutely zero problems here. As far as I can see, a person is a person, and if they identify as non-binary, so be it. I have nothing but love for non-binary people.

6. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

The worst thing since giving women the right to vote.

If you think I seriously believe that, you don't know me very well, LOL.

7. timo

Everyone who says that 'there's only two genders' is talking bullshit. I like it when people think outside the binary box.

8. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I used to think that maybe I was non-binary, but I realized I'm just a feminine male. I think there's nothing wrong with non-binary genders it often baffles me the extent to which people are so confused and hostile toward them.

9. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Why do people ask this? If you have a view on this subject that isn't exactly in line with the rest of the forum, you get in trouble and offend people. And, seeing as this is a support forum, disagreement on this particular subject isn't necessarily warranted to be mentioned, I agree. So, why even ask our opinions when you know this is just going to be a cluster of reaffirmation? Not sure if it wants support or honest answers.... Either way I won't answer since I'm sure you can guess my general view from this rant.

Note: I just noticed you asked people who were supportive of non-binary that are not non-binary so I guess this just wants reaffirmation.

10. KayJay

Wow, definitely agree. I highly doubt the people with negative opinions will post them, so threads like these are usually just feel good threads targeted at certain groups.

On the topic of the thread though... I used to be confused about all the non binary stuff and for a while I thought it was just a stupid thing. Then I realized if there are people out there who can't wrap their head around me being transgender, perhaps people really do feel other ways that I can't wrap my head around. Since I realized that I've definitely changed my opinion on non binary oriented stuff.

So yes, non binary, binary, either way everyone deserves to be treated the same way :slight_smile:

11. randomly me

randomly me Guest

I actually wanted honest answers people talking stuff good if it isn't their opinion helps no one because all you get is 1000times "hey that's great" which in the end is pretty boring.
    So if you think its great say it if you think its bullshit say it(you probably shouldn't use the word bullshit though).
    I actually didn't want an opinion war (but your right it would most likely end that way sigh..)

12. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm cool with it. I used to identify as genderfluid, actually, but realized it was just my dysphoria coming and going.

We have a genderfluid kid in our class who got called "weird" by others when they came out and still got called by their birth name and pronouns, but they told me they didn't care, so I'm not sure about that.

I feel like they definitely need to be talked about more, though. A lot of people don't know they even exist.

13. randomly me

randomly me Guest

On that note i actually find the "this is bullshit" and im between opinions much more interesting.

14. Nychthemeron

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Their reasons are probably similar to the reasons why some people don't believe bisexual and pansexual people exist.

An interesting comment I saw said something about there being only two genders, and everything else was based off of them. What do you think about that?

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    While it's obvious that some people create threads seeking affirmation, should we really fault them for that? I mean, really?

It's a lot better to have someone post a thread like this, than say, posting a thread like "is it bad I'm not attracted to black/fat/femme people?"

16. randomly me

randomly me Guest

I it is true in some way.everyone is raised in these two genders so even if someone is agender or whatever their gender identity is still somewhat based on the two binary genders.getting rid of those two completely is impossible i guess no matter how gender blind you actually are.

---------- Post added 12th Mar 2015 at 01:04 AM ----------

Threads that want affirmation are actually a good thing because they can make a person feel better.the problem is that i actually wanted to hear controversial opinions

17. C P

C P

The thing with that is...where does someone who is agender really fit then? Unless there is a way to clear that up further, that's like saying there is a line that has male on one end and female on the other, with bigender being around the middle and someone genderfluid floating between, etc. But who isn't on that line?(*cough* starts with an 'A')

What are they trying to pull off there? Another Kinsey Scale-type thing where, in this case, Agender(just like Asexuality) is just some X sitting outside?

I'm just not sold on that idea either to be direct.

If anything, I like the gender diamond suggestion a lot more personally.

18. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Actually i think gender is hard to grasp.You shouldn't ask me I'm mostly gender blind so i kinda see everyone the same the only difference being the pronouns used.the only way i really care about gender is when its important to the person I'm talking to.if I'm talking to a transboy i should see them as male.i guess in my mind everyone is kinda agender since everyone is just themselves no matter how i refer to them or what's in their pants.the problem is that society will always see me as one or the other the non binary zone doesn't exist.while some people can see you simply as the person you are most wont.therefore everyone is kinda stuck in the binary system if they want it or not.

Know what?since this thread is leading nowhere I'm opening a non b thread in the fun and games or gender identity section we already have gay and a lesbian thread so why the hell not..

This id fucking exhausting...

19. Formality

I don't quite understand the binary genders. It just seems kinda stupid to divide stuff into two camps right by the middle. How do we even define those two, apparently, very specific genders? I do understand how it's easier to divide into biological genders like "I have a penis therefore I am male" vice versa. However when it comes to the psychological part of it.... Ehhh, I'm kinda skeptical. I don't like the whole male/female gender bullshit brain business. To me it's kinda pseudo. I prefer to look at it like "I'm an individual and here are my traits", If anyone understands how I'm thinking.

And in either case there is nothing helpful about fitting people into these boxes because it will only result in enhancing that behaviour for that individual. If you tell a child he is man and they will probably try to imitate the behaviour of other men to fit in. While if you just let people become what they want without the predisposition they won't be as condemning for things that they might like, but by society are considered something "bad" or "wrong".

20. Some Dude

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It's a little hard for me to conceptually understand it but I'm not going to judge anyone for it