1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Church

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by iiimee, Mar 12, 2015.

1. iiimee

2. Chiroptera

Admin Team Full Member

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    These things make me physically exhausted. I simply cannot understand how people can "think" like that (if you can call that "thinking").

3. tscott

Churches are man-made institutions, essentially clubs. They exist for worship, education, and missions of charity and justice. They can be as "good" or as "bad" as the leadership and the congregation that allows to be led by them. Some churches are very welcoming of the gay community and others would just as soon publicly stone us. When you condemn churches as a whole you are no better than those that condemn us.

If you don't share their beliefs, that's another kettle of fish. Then the expectation is one of tolerance on each side.

4. CuriousLiaison

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm only about a minute in, but he's just said that legalising gay marriage will make a tremendous difference to his lifestyle.

I can only conclude from that that he hopes to get a gay marriage once they're legalised, so so far so good.

I mean, if he was straight it would barely make a difference to him at all.