1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

looking back

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by wolfy1, Mar 12, 2015.

1. wolfy1

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    do you ever look back on your childhood and see your attractions to the same sex?

i on occasion will remember things about my childhood from when i was like 5 years old and notice little things that at the time i did not pick up on but now realized i had a crush. for example, today i remembered back to when i was in the first grade and there was this really cute boy that i kept wanting to get close to, and to talk to and i was really shy around and about. i wanted to be his friend so bad. this is the first time in years that, that memory came to my head and now i realized that i had a crush on him. like, it was a pretty obsessive crush too lol :icon_redf

does anyone else have early memory of things like this that you now realize was a crush? i just find it funny how i can literaly look that far back in my life and see my gayness :lol:

2. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    No. I'm in the minority of never realizing my attraction to other girls as a kid. Wish I had though.

3. C P

C P

I'm with XenaxGabby on this. I wasn't aware of anything like that back then; in fact, as I've made note of before, I didn't really see anyone beyond a platonic sense back then.

What's funny though is that I can look at pics(both old and new) of people I went to school with, etc. and, particularly the ones who look practically the same, I have my 'how the HELL did I not realize this shit sooner?!' moments.

4. heyguyswhatsup

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Very sporadically over the years before hitting puberty, I subconsciously looked at other boys I liked the look of.

It wasn't something that happened often, but it happened occasionally during school. I also remember liking some girls until I turned 7, then it just didn't happen again lol.

5. nativeofruby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    well, I do remember that most of my fictional character crushes were girls... (i.e. Pokemon's May, Cardcaptor Sakura, Kim Possible...)

6. GArchi1992

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I can remember being about nine or ten and realising how good looking some boys in my class were. I never looked at girls and thought "wow she's pretty", which was strange to me because I always wanted to have friends that were girls. In fact, growing up the majority of my friends were girls. I just didn't feel comfortable around other boys.

7. Joelouis

Yeah, I've often looked back and realised what it all meant now.

8. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like wolfy1, I can recall finding certain guys attractive at a young age. I was really nervous to approach them so I didn't. I had smaller crushes on girls throughout all of elementary, middle, and high school, but they didn't compare to the ones I had for guys. This led to a lot of confusion but I'm pretty sure I've got it all sorted out now for the most part. :slight_smile:

9. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah all the time. Like how could I not have known I might be gay someday. I would jealous in elementary school if a guy hugged another guy friend and did not hug me. Not to stereotype but I hated sports and played with barbies long before I knew I was. Ironically though it was a baseball game where I saw a gay couple which caused me to explore my attraction. I did not realize how strong my attraction was until I got older.

10. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I remember when I was like 6-7 yrs old, I had this feeling towards men. I even thought of asking my dad if why I get boners when seeing topless men, GOOD THING I didnt ask that! But I also had attraction to girls when I was little. I was really confused at that time.