1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nov. 11. Remembrance.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beebo, Nov 11, 2008.

1. Beebo

I'd just like to thank all the men and women of the military. Sometimes I take you're services for granted, but I really appreciate what you guys do. Thanks a lot. Keep on-

2. hoping

My great grandfather fought in gallipoli in 1915 and in palestine in 1918 to 1919.
    My fathers uncle fought in tobruk in north africa against the germans in 1942 and then was sent to new guinea in late 1942, my step father his father was on a destroyer above australia and it was bombed and strafed by the japanese in 1942 so yeah i give thanks alot to the people who have serdved my country and in alot of cases gave their lives for their family, their friends and their country and to the many men and women who are on active service around the world, thanks guys

3. Fiorino

Thank you. (People of the armed forces,
    for protecting us)

4. Derek the Wolf

I work with them every day, and they deserve the praise.
    Check my album if you wanna see our Veteran's Day Ceremony.

5. Brett

So many young men and women that are far overworked, and under appreciated.......
    Thank you all for the service that you do!

6. Nodnarb

Yesterday our school had Vets come in and speak to classes throughout the day. There were some from every war from WWII to Iraq. It's was really inspiring and moving to hear some of their stories.

Thank you to all who serve!

7. Amy

Amy

I do not support war of any kind, but I do support our troops.

My mother's father was in the military. My father's father was in Black Sheep Squadern. His father was in World War 1. My father's first step-father was a fighter pilot in World War 2. My father's second step-father died nearly five years ago of brain damage; he fought in D-Day and Batle of the Bulge before being given a medical discharge for brain damage and recieved four awards for his service.

I have seen the damage done to those who fought for our country and that is why I honour their bravery.