1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Unanswered questions

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Mar 13, 2015.

1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Life is full of unanswered questions. Why does God take the people you love when he does. Why would God take someone so soon so full of life, hopes and dreams. It felt like the wrong time. He loved God with all of his heart but did he really have go so soon. You sit around asking yourself these answered questions and it hurts but all you can do is pray God gives peace in your heart about all the unanswered questions and hopefully life can go on. In Jesus name Amen.

2. CuriousLiaison

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know what to say. I haven't been through what you're going through, though I have suddenly lost a parent. That almost physically hurt for months afterwards. I think that it will take a long time for things to get easier, but they will eventually.

I don't know the circumstances, or whether it was expected, but he is at peace now. It's just those who are still here who are suffering. Eventually I think you will find the strength to form some sort of peace with what happened.

I hope there are other people on these boards who can say something helpful from their own experience. And I hope that you have friends and family around you who can provide you with all the support you need. All the best.

3. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Mm...

Anyone want to take bets when this explodes into a religious debate?

4. CuriousLiaison

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well, hopefully it won't. There is a time and a place, and hopefully people who wanted that debate have been able to get that out of themselves over the last few days.

#4 CuriousLiaison, Mar 13, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
  5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No problem. My boyfriend just died three weeks ago it's been hard but I am getting through it. I am just venting my feelings. These unanswered questions are what a lot of people go through so i think a lot of people can relate to this.

---------- Post added 13th Mar 2015 at 10:46 AM ----------

Kaiser my boyfriend passed away three weeks ago and I am just venting my feelings. i have no intention of making this into a religious debate. This is not that type of post. I have every right to say Jesus name Amen if I want to.

6. ellyy

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Maybe we're not supposed to know these things so that we can learn how to think for ourselves.

Anyway, dano218, I'm sorry for you loss. I hope you will feel better soon even if I know it's hard.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I mean no offense with just pointing out the possibility. Whenever certain words or names appear, so does the inclination to debate, which in this case would be religion. And it would be hard to not address the religious aspect, with the situation you established.

This might seem like a silly question, but what are you seeking? Comfort? An answer? Just to be able to let it out, without any expectation? When individuals vent, they have their reasons, as well as their preferences. I'm simply curious, here, and wanting to know the state of mind.

8. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well my point is having questions you can never answer may be unpleasant but its a part of life. For example My grandpa committed suicide 40 years ago. We might not think about about it or say it but that question will always linger about why he did it. That is the case with many situations we go through in life. How do I get through it. I pray, read the bible and keep myself busy and thinking about the future.

---------- Post added 13th Mar 2015 at 11:41 AM ----------

I understand but this is emotional subject concerning my boyfriend's death so I certainly hope it does not end up in some crazy debate. I am not seeking any answers. Just something that was in my mind that I needed to let out and I feel free to do that here. I just making a point that having unanswered questions may be difficult in life but you get through it. I said in Jesus name Amen because me and bf always said that at the end of our prayers.

9. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Anyway through the pain, confusion and heartache life goes on.

10. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's hard just hard when you see your future and than all the sudden everything changes. It's overwhelming and I am glad to use this site so I can let it out. I don't mean to make anyone uncomfortable with my religious views.

11. Outlier

It's hard to know what to say. Nothing really helps when going through something like this. You just have to grieve and ask questions and even get mad, and all that's okay. But just remember that loved ones who are gone wouldn't want you to stay in that state too long. Honor his memory by living the best and happiest life you possibly can. ((hugs))

12. QueerTransEnby

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Some people
    As a Christian, you should know that the Bible says to cry out and there is nothing wrong with questioning God. Both Job and David questioned God. David asked God to slay his enemies due to their wickedness and evil. Christians questioned God as to why he allowed Jesus to die on the cross(not comparing your bf to Jesus but you know what I am saying). The bottomline is that we don't know why God does what he does because we are all small pieces in the grand schemes of the universe. I am so sorry for your loss, but this where our faith in God comes in and our reliance on our feeble minds end. There is so much we do not and cannot understand about our world. I pray that God can give you peace in the coming days.

---------- Post added 14th Mar 2015 at 12:53 AM ----------

Sorry, should sounds rather condescending...

13. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks I appreciate that.

---------- Post added 13th Mar 2015 at 09:01 PM ----------

Thanks for that it helped a lot.

14. Chip

Board Member Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Dano, through the lens of spirituality, there can be many reasons why people are taken unexpectedly. One view that many people find comforting is the concept of reincarnation (which, by the way, many people believe was mentioned in the bible until being removed... google it.)

If reincarnation is real -- and there's been some pretty serious scholarly research published that would tend to support that idea -- then it is also quite possible that if someone has learned whatever lessons and gained whatever understanding there is to be gained in this life, s/he may move on to the next one.

Even without reincarnation, from a spiritual perspective, we're here for a reason. And sometimes the lessons we learn are painful but necessary ones. Your time with him was meaningful and valuable... and yet, sometimes we understand the depth of our feelings only when we lose things of importance, and that, in turn, is something we can use to grow and better ourselves.

There's no easy way to get over these sorts of losses except for time. As Elizabeth Kubler-Ross (the death and dying guru) once said, you don't "get over" the loss of a loved one; you learn to live with it, and you go on with life in a different way. Nor should you "get over" it.

I know how difficult this loss is for you. It seems, from what you've said, that you are doing as well as can be expected. The best thing you can do is to continue talking about all of your feelings, which it seems like you're able to do. Please keep that up.

15. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks Chip I appreciate this. I feel better after expressing my feelings I have and I feel most comfortable doing it on this site. I mean yeah i can talk to family and friends but its more easy for me to express my feelings on here than it is in person face to face. I just don't want my family to worry about me being depressed or anything like that. They would suggest counseling which is not a bad thing but I am not ready for that yet.

16. GaspingJasper

Out Status:
    A few people
    Mhm. Life is a pain.