1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

personality changes since coming out.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Ninagrrl, Mar 15, 2015.

1. Ninagrrl

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Not sure if this is really a coming out thing or not so feel free to move it if needed. It isn't something I notice I did in the past, because I'm pretty sure I didn't say any words or phrases that were masculine before coming out other then saying, "Dude!" Which my mom still says she's not a dude even though I have tried to explain that I am using it as an exclamation not calling her a dude.... but anway

I'm talking about something I notice I have been saying as if late only to myself. I have been changing a lot about myself lately so not sure if it is just coming out because I'm changing or if it was always there just under the surface. I started dying my hair and dressing the way I want and I have started using my old childhood nickname (nina) which I stopped using earlier on in my life.

Whatever the reason. Anyway, so it's been pretty lonely lately and since I don't have sex outside of relationships it means this girl is going solo. The last two times I habe caught myself refering it as "jerking iff". Now, I'm actually really femme so not sure where this masculine reference came from and why it feels so natural to say it that way out of the blue.

The more I explore my sexuality, the more I realize how complex human emotions are and how much bottlingtthings influenced my personality until I wasn't really me anymore.

Anyone else notice huge personality changes especially ones that surprised you.

#1 Ninagrrl, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015
  2. Manitoban

I wouldn't say my personality changed, but I feel more free to just do what I want without much thought about what others would think.

Eg. I like X sweater or shoes or whatever that would have been out of my character before I'll buy, not because I didn't like them before, but because I was afraid of what people might think.

But my personality itself isn't different really at all, besides being a bit more carefree.

I suppose that really just means I've become more confident in myself.

#2 Manitoban, Mar 15, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2015