1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Single since birth

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by eyar4rowel, Mar 15, 2015.

1. eyar4rowel

Hope it's not just me.

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

28 years and counting. I'm still hoping to, finally, kiss somebody on the lips, too.

So no, you aren't alone.

3. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm 26. You're not alone.

Being single at this age is so painful. I'm really lonely.

~ Adrienne

4. eyar4rowel

Wasn't there any "almost" moments at all, though?

5. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Two times.

The first time, I wasn't in a good place, and I ran her off. Though to be fair, nothing ever really happened there, other than some one on one conversations, and her admitting a time or two that she "liked" me. She tried to reel me in, get me to quit being an asshole, but I wasn't having it.

The second time, it could have happened, but it didn't. While I'm not as flabbergasted about it as before, it still stings. I told a young lady that I was transgender, after hanging out for a month or two, and she was fine with it. In fact, she has experience with this. I thought, okay, this is it, life has finally decided to cut me some slack an--

NOPE.

She likes me, of course, but she is sexually attracted to my body as it is. In this case, a male. She doesn't find women attractive, which is how I want to be seen, and she knows how important this is, since I told her. She doesn't want to be with me like that, since she says she can't look past the exterior, and I understand. If I transition, it wouldn't be fair for her, so, once again, life toys with me.

The most fucked up thing is, it wasn't like this was totally new territory for her. She had experience with somebody being transgender. Like, it blows my mind just thinking about it...

If we use 19 as the start of my heavily improving myself, that's 19 years obviously. If karma is real, perhaps this "curse" will be lifted at 38. It wouldn't surprise me, to be honest. I say this mostly joking, mind you, even though I did some pretty terrible stuff growing up to others.

6. eyar4rowel

But you're only 28. And there are billions of people in this world so you'll get to meet the person who accepts who you are as a whole. :slight_smile:

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Replace the age, and the same thing could be said for you.

^.~

8. BobObob

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm part of the single from birth club too. Perhaps I'll leave after I finish school and obtain gainful employment.

9. C P

C P

Single since birth, (more than likely) single to the grave, and feeling more content with the idea as time goes by.

As for the '"almost" moments' bit, no, there haven't been any; not even close.

10. eyar4rowel

It's always been confusing when it comes to 'us'.

11. edy

edy

Out Status:
    A few people
  12. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    More or less. As a kid there was a boy who I would hang out with and we later referred to each other as boyfriend and girlfriend because it just seemed like something you were supposed to do (I wasn't particularly focused on orientation at the time). But it was pretty much just a childhood friendship, with a brief experience of kissing. It wasn't a 'relationship' in the usual sense and I didn't feel that sort of connection to him.

So while I haven't always been classed as 'single', I've never really been 'in a relationship' either.

Anecdotally, I've noticed that being single into your twenties doesn't seem to be as uncommon amongst LGBT than elsewhere, for a number of reasons. So you're definitely not alone.

13. Miles16

Miles16 Guest

I've got a Gold Star VIP Membership card

14. timo

Yes

I hope to change this soon though (but then again, who doesn't)

15. brainwashed

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well since I was brainwashed I primarily focused my sights on women. I was told to do this. But I had no "eyes" for women so there was a bit of a delay until I realized I was looking at the wrong type of person.

16. Fandom obsessed

I wish I could stay single. I am currently trying to stay single. I've been getting asked out a lot lately and dating was fun at first but now I just want time to myself. I hate when people act like being single is a bad thing. Being single is wonderful and you get peace of mind. So don't feel bad :slight_smile:

17. YunoGasai

im part of the club too, after many attempts iv just accepted that nobody will ever want me.

18. gibson234

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    This is true for me also. But what's the point of this thread. Loads of people feeling sorry for themselves. If people think being single for 20 years is bad then I don't care. I want a life long relationship with an awesome person. I don't care about crappy teen aged relationships.

Yes it might be difficult to find gay relationships but that's ok. I am willing to fight for it.

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2015 at 09:22 PM ----------

Your 15 for gods sake. Most gay people haven't even got close to a relationship by that age. You need to be more patient lol.

---------- Post added 16th Mar 2015 at 09:25 PM ----------

Your problem is up there with having too much money or being constantly asked to do Hollywood movies. Getting asked out a lot is a good problem to have.

19. Vesalius

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    23 years and counting. Other than casual dating/ friends with benefits, I've never even come close to a relationship. I know I'm still quite young but I feel like I'm going to be alone forever. Better start collecting up cats :wink:

20. C P

C P

Eh, I don't feel sorry for myself for not having been in a relationship; in fact, I feel relieved that I didn't have to go through those 'crappy teenaged relationships'(as you put it).

I've seen as much nonsense surrounding relationships as I've seen good stuff, so I'm pretty content if I find nobody really. If anything, it allows me to continue doing my own thing.

Don't see much wrong with this topic personally; it can be pretty refreshing to see an occasional 'nope, single forever and idc'(hypothetical ofc!).