1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What if The Purge was Real?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Driftr, Mar 16, 2015.

1. Driftr

For anyone who hasn't seen the films, it's basically a fictional holiday where all crime including murder is legal for 12 hours.

Would you participate? And to what extent would you participate?

For those who wouldn't participate, where would you hide out to avoid the chaos? Who would you hide out with? Would you trust your life to family and friends enough to hide out with them?

I most certainly would not participate because I just have no ill thoughts towards any single soul to the point where I want them dead. Plus it would be stupid to try and commit any other crimes like theft anyway because you most-likely would get yourself killed in the process.

As for who I would hide out with and whether I trust anyone, I'd say I'm really not sure although I would probably end up hiding with one other really trustworthy best friend.

2. kem

kem

I wonder how many would really. I don't harbour any hatred or anything and I vehemently disagree violence so :/ I might steal food though. And money.

3. africanFlower

haha i actually had a nightmare recently about this :').. i would hide underground in a secret spot that no1 knows about in my house.. if my family dont take part then they would hide with me, immediate family only! there is bound to be a mess if extended family gets involved.

4. White Knight

Hmm if that doesn't exclude government people... like president.

a) Where do I sign up?

b) Where can I find a cheap napalm bomb?

5. randomly me

randomly me Guest

In theory it would be interesting knowing how you feel while doing these crimes.On the other hand i wouldn't wanna die just because someone else wanted to know how it's like to kill somebody.

as for the hideout not telling you that.in case of a zombie apocalypse.

6. EDMJunkie

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think that it would definitely be an interesting experience. My family has talked about this before, and agreed that we would be awesome at surviving.

7. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Strangely enough, for those 12 hours, I would be at home. It'd be my kind of environment, as sad as it is to say.

Why is that?

Well, I'm an opportunist at heart. I like to make money, too. The Purge would allow me, not only to appease these two aspects about myself, but provide the opportunity to satisfy curiosity.

For starters, I'd offer my protection to those who wanted it. Of course, I'd also be willing to sell out folks, if they're abusive or corrupt individuals, and the second party pays me better. Claiming to provide the first party protection gets me inside, where I can allow the second party access.

If I really wanted to be backed by the government, I'd approach insurance companies, and offer them my services, to assure any property registered under them, is protected, allowing them to save money. This would surely gain me their favoritism, as well as accessibility to their connections and resources.

Any money I make, would be recorded as having been obtained during those 12 hours, allowing me to bypass tax laws. I'd be a mercenary, basically:

You're a rapist? You're getting boiling water, mixed with tiny glass shards, poured into your urethra, then you're dead.
    You're a child molester? You're getting fingers broken off and shoved through your eyes, then you're dead.
    You beat your wife/girlfriend? You're getting your ass beat, then you're dead.
    You're a corrupt politician who dislikes/delays equality? Your tongue is getting sliced off, so nobody has to hear your nonsense. You can live, because the sliced tongue is going to be my mark, to let folks know you can't be trusted, and you shouldn't be elected.

Now, could I really go that far? I don't know. All I can say is, the idea of being a vigilante is too appealing to pass up.

I've thought about this too much, LOL.

8. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I'd want to go out and steal shit, but wouldn't because I'd get my ass killed. I'd probably just stay home and defend my house.

Anyways, what a fucked up world that would be.

9. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Nope, wouldn't participate. Things like stealing and murdering being illegal are not the only thing preventing me from doing them.

10. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Would probably stay home to avoid being murdered. Might pop to the local store and grab a few bottles of asti.

11. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

If the goal is to avoid murder, it might be best for you to stay indoors, 'cause you've got them looks that can kill!

*cymbal*

12. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Either you are a very moralistic person or an idealist...

13. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Flattery will get you nowhere, young lady. :wink:

14. tscott

Secure myself and immediate family in a panic room...no thing is worth dying for...as for "enemies"...they are beneath my contempt...let someone else shoot the bastards.

15. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I haven't seen that movie. The very thought of it made me really angry.

To be honest, I would probably have already killed a lot of people before a society like that came about. If we had such a breakdown of human solidarity that having "kill whoever you want day" was seriously on the table, I'd already be a terrorist, probably killing legislators, compromising systems so I could figure out who was supporting these ballot initiaves (and kill them), etc.

The society would not be worth living in if that were a real possibility, so I'd gladly accept either dying in combat, or forcibly eradicating that kind of thought process from the society.

Also, Americans are vicious enough that we'd make a movie about it, even though we're not actually anywhere near that point...

Darkly hilarious.

~ Adrienne

16. wolf of fire

I would paint the world a pretty colour through the blood of the guilty.

17. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    No, I wouldn't participate.

If the world suddenly turned like this, I'd try to build a team or a tribe of different people with different skills. It would probably end up being military, in any case discipline would be a part of it.

I'd also include children, if they seem willing to be helpful and can take care of themselves.

We'd be nomads, hunting for food, transportation and shelter. We wouldn't make any alliances or compromise to anyone except ourselves, but we might join forces with other groups temporarily in exchange of knowledge.

18. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

For some reason, Pret, I was hoping you'd take a Batman-like approach. Only instead of beating up folks, you'd lurk in the shadows, and then spread kind words and hugs, to counter-act the evil.

19. randomly me

randomly me Guest

well if it isn't only for 12 hours but complete anarchy (yes i know theres a system established in short time due to the rule of the strongest yada yada yada)what would you do then?

20. kai397

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    All but family
    i would kill anyone i see or anyone who gets in my way i also would rob ll the stuffed animal stores and art stores then i would go to Safeway or something and steal all the candy and money