1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What would you do if you had world domination?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by randomly me, Mar 16, 2015.

1. randomly me

randomly me Guest

exactly what's said in the title.

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Wouldn't do anything I think. I don't really care

3. LaEsmeralda

I'd make littering punishable by death.

I'll come back later when I can think of some more :slight_smile:

4. Yosia

Make crimes such as child abuse and rape punishable by death.
    Make countries border-free
    World peace
    Discrimination of any sort would be abolished

Basically I'd make the world a lot better. :3

5. CyberStar

Oh, wow...
    Well, I would start by laughing and celebrating like a lunatic. Then after a frenzied round of parties, I would crack my knuckles and get down to business.
    First, I'd spread democracy. And make the WMDs centrally controlled by the UN. Then I would find better things to spend money on than massive military buildup, such as space travel, ending world hunger, and spreading the Internet.
    I'd do a lot of work to human rights, particularly those of minorities.
    I would flatten and eviscerate ISIS and the terrorists.
    I would make it easier for transsexuals (such as myself) to be able to get (and afford) HRT, GRS, and other such therapies and surgeries.
    I would launch a campaign against stupidity.
    I would spread electronic music.
    I would work to end discrimination.
    And I would get rid of parent's illusions that their children are mere tools.

And I would use my salary to transition, and my position of power to tell anyone who doesn't like it to eat it. :grin:

6. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd try to colonize other planets. (The unihabited ones, I'd have to set ground rules for interaction with the inhabitants of other planet,s supposing they're out there)

7. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I'm expecting Kaiser to post here any moment now.. Haha

Anyways, I don't want world domination, or someone else to dominate the world. This of course, would mean that all cultures, all countries, will likely be assimilated into one. Variety will cease to exist. And that is no fun, is it?

8. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Immediately cut military and weapons budgets significantly. Seeing as I control everything, my only opponents would be ragtag rebels working with secondhand gear. So less equipment going out means less my remaining soldiers would have to fight against.

I'd put all that extra money into science and engineering, especially space exploration, biotechnology, and AI research. Those are the things that I think can bring humanity into a new golden age.

Before investing too heavily in the ivory tower stuff though, I'd commit some resources to clean water and renewable food/electricity for undeveloped regions. The total poverty of some people is denying them a lot of opportunities they would have had elsewhere.

Speaking of undeveloped regions, I'd combat overpopulation problems by enacting a three-child limit for everyone. Extra kids could be had by purchasing a permit for a hefty fee. If they can afford it, chances are they can afford to take care of another kid too and would be wise to do so. I haven't decided on the penalty for violation though, something that serves as a deterrent without making the kid's life a lot worse. Maybe mandatory government service by the parents or something. **This law would be in place until proven unnecessary somehow, such as easily accessible sustenance, housing, and education by way of planetary colonization or otherwise.

IDK, I could spend all day wondering what I'd do with the sum of all the world's public power and resources. As a frivolity I'd re-institute jousting as a sport. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. YuriBunny

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Make homosexuality and gay marriage legal everywhere.
    2. Make homophobic remarks illegal.
    3. Give transgender/nonbinary people more rights and opportunities.
    4. Make the world more adorable~! ^.^ We need more pink and purple buildings!!! Then people would be more cheerful and friendly because all the cuteness would make them happy. ♥
    5. Work to stop animal and child abuse.
    6. Work to settle disputes and prevent war.
    7. Try to stop other forms of discrimination.
    8. Give everybody free presents on their birthdays~!

There's surely more I'd do but I can't think of anything else right now~.

10. Formality

Schools that teach science for everyone.
    Do my best to make humans equal despite disability, skin colour, sexuality, gender etc.
    Use the money that the evil corporations that destroy the planet make to fund different types of environmental research. Let's be real people, we better take care of our own planet before we think about going to other planets.
    Make all the rainforests in the world untouchable.
    Forbid cruel treatment to animals.
    I would do my best to endorse vegetarianism and veganism.
    I'd make sure everyone gets paid fairly for the work they do and not like today where people get shit paid in factories and industries around the world.
    I'd some way try to decrease the rising populous. Don't ask me how. I'd fund whatever group can figure out a solution. Maybe by endorsing adoption also?
    And much more.

#10 Formality, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  11. Justinian20

What I would do is implement a couple of policies for the people. Firstly I would allow all people to worship their own religions and follow their own cultures. I would provide indigenous people with many of the open spaces they need for practicing their traditions and keeping those traditions alive. I would also use negotiation to solve conflicts. The minorities of the world would be made equal and gay marriage and transgender surgery would be made available at low costs, also heart surgery and life saving surgeries would be low costing for the people that need it. (The people that need it will have the low price as it is vital for them to undertake this transitioning, so they can become a useful part of society.

No one would be useless, everyone would have a use. I would cut military funding in America and places that spend way too much on military. A military would be a need but the main military for each major country would be the maximum size of the current Australian military. I would make environmental decisions, no cutting wood and no domestic cows, or animals we raise to eat. So hunting for food is only allowed and only a set amount of animals can be hunted, mainly the most common can be hunted and eaten.

I can't describe everything that I would do as the number is too large, but firstly for me the most interesting part is how did I get world domination in the first place.

#11 Justinian20, Mar 16, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
  12. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    1. Make homosexuality and gay marriage legal worldwide
    2. Active prevention of LGBTQ+ bullying worldwide
    3. Equal rights for non-LGBTQ+ and LGBTQ+ people worldwide
    4. Equal rights between men and women worldwide
    5. Equal rights between people of all races worldwide
    6. Legalise alcohol, cigarettes and marijuana worldwide (possibly more drugs)
    7. Increased fines on animal and child abuse (imprisonment)
    8. Increased fines on throwing trash in public (damaging environment)
    9. More money to space development and science areas
    10. Complete separation between church and state worldwide
    11. No tax exemption for churches and religious buildings worldwide
    12. Religious people cannot be persecuted for their beliefs
    13. Creationism banned from all schools (as there are too many creation stories)
    14. More money to environmental research and protection of the environment
    15. Protection of various parts of the environment (forests and such)
    16. ...

I can carry on for quite some time.. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. White Knight

Oh heads will roll.

Then once cleaning is complete people will learn to act respectfully to each other and every living thing.

Then again my rule of the world would be very short lived one as I can imagine there would be long list of people who want to get rid of me from day 1.

14. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Well... Assuming I had to do something...

I think that I would make a communist and ecologist unified nation. In which loving others would be more important than loving one's nation.
    And make sure that it would stay that way until anarchism becomes able to work properly.

15. RainDreamer

Oh so many things, assuming I have absolute power:

1. Direct effort and funding toward scientific research, especially robotic, neural science and artificial intelligence,in order to accomplish the following steps.

2. Create robotic work forces to take over manual labour.

3. Create a Unified Consciousness (UC) made from scanning and digitizing the best and brightest minds humanity has to offer and combine them, making them an immortal advisor for humanity.

4. Provide all human basic needs through robotic workforce.

5. Augment humanity through cybernetic technology, overcome the fragility of human body.

6. Create a neural internet that allow each participant to share their opinion, feelings, and idea freely straight from their mind, allowing the creation of a collective group where each member retain their identity unlike a hive mind, and yet a part of something greater than themselves. Each member can feel each other's pains and happiness if they share it.

7. Abolish nations, turning government to the UC, who will be able to connect to the neural internet above, and poll every single individuals for their opinions, ensuring true democracy. The UC will then use those polls and compare it with environmental, economic and political data to find prioritize problems and solve them one by one.

8. Direct humanity's interest toward the stars and begins to colonize new planets.

16. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

oh, you mean my dream job...

free pizza tuesdays

17. tscott

The world loves a strong leader, but not so much.

I imagine my rule would be similar...somewhere between Peter the Great and Gandhi...but definitely heads would role.

18. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Ugh, no thanks...

I mean there's plenty I'd like to change and I have lots of ideas on how to "make the world a better place", but I would not like to rule the world. For one thing, I'd probably be bad at it. Everyone would be like "where's Great Leader?" and no one would know and I'd be in a forest somewhere drawing away my anxiety because too many people tried to talk to me.

If I had to, I'd make an open global council where anyone who cares about whatever matter can meet, discuss, and make decisions/changes when and where necessary. And I'd abolish money.

19. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

rolls would be head shaped, and we'd have role reversal thursdays...

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'd hope somebody asks me the questions, "So, what all do you rule over?", and I could sing this:

[YOUTUBE]IDtdQ8bTvRc[/YOUTUBE]

I could put something a little more serious, but I was asked this question for an audio log, which still needs to be worked on.