1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to know when someone is flirting?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by shadowraptor, Mar 16, 2015.

1. shadowraptor

Okay, I'm sure this question has been asked many times before, but being incredibly socially awkward and never having been flirted with by a guy before (until possibly yesterday) I'm not exactly an expert on how people let you know they're interested.

So I compete for a speech team, and I went to a tournament just for fun. So after rounds ended I went into the cafeteria to get some lunch. After setting my plate down I went to get myself a drink. So here I am pouring my Coca-Cola into a styrofoam cup when this guy walks up to me. I'm fairly certain he's a senior, but he's definitely an upperclassman, pretty cute, a little shorter than me (I'm 6'2" so most people are :lol:slight_smile:. No context or whatever, he just says hi and shakes my hand. So I'm trying to connect the dots: I've never met or talked to this guy before, he just comes up to me and introduces himself. I'm trying to place the face, but I know I don't know him from before - him saying hey is literally our first interaction. Being the social train wreck that I am, I kind of awkwardly say hi back and he goes on to say he's seen me perform (however, I know for a fact he has not) but I've seen him in one of his categories so we kind of go off that and continue talking about speech. He then told me that he wanted great things for me, which came totally out of the blue. I blushed a little, gave a half-hearted thank you... And then my friend comes over and starts talking to us about waffles or some random subject like that. At that point I kind of just said it was nice meeting him and walked away.

He was really smiley and nervous the whole time, like his face would light up in this big smile whenever I would say something to him it ask a question about him. I kind of regret that our conversation wasn't longer, but hey idk.

But how would I know if someone is trying to get my attention or show some kind of romantic interest for the future? Not just for me, but for all my fellow introverts out there who have ever possibly blown a potential chance with someone?

2. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Hell if I know. I just always assume that no one is ever interested in me, which saves me from embarrassment. I've had plenty of people tell me after a conversation that so and so was flirting with me, but I just have blinders on in those situations. The only way I'll understand is if someone clearly says, "I am into you." I'm going to be alone forever.