1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Closeted folks, how homophobic did u act to distract attention away from yourself?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by SonicBoom, Mar 17, 2015.

?

Closeted folks, how homophobic did u act to distract attention away from yourself?

1. Very homophobic

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Mostly homophobic

1 vote(s)
    3.4%
  3. Somewhat homophobic

6 vote(s)
    20.7%
  4. Not at all homophobic

19 vote(s)
    65.5%
  5. I was never in the closet.

3 vote(s)
    10.3%
  1. SonicBoom

2. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Re: Closeted folks, how homophobic did u act to distract attention away from yourself

I did some homophobic acts on others WHEN I am around my homophobic family. If I dont, they might think that I support and is one of them. I havent come out to them yet

3. C P

C P

Re: Closeted folks, how homophobic did u act to distract attention away from yourself

Surprisingly, I don't act homophobic. Instead, particularly when comments are being made, I just kinda fade into the background as if I'm not really paying attention or I just care much about what's going on. Maybe an eyeroll to myself...

4. Ab4t5

I personally feel like only some people act homophobic when they are in the closet to distract the attention from themselves. I knew people in the closet who didn't really do that, I guess it depends on the person. Personally? I didn't really do that.

5. CuriousLiaison

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Not at all, but I am deliberately less touchy feely than most, because I don't want people to make conclusions.

6. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay

I never acted homophobic...Whenever my brother, cousins, peers, etc. would make homophobic remarks, I just ignored them rather than go along with what they say...

7. SonicBoom

8. Drednaught

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

Not at all homophobic, in fact I actually defend lgbt rights and people if someone makes homophobic statements.

9. TheStormInside

Not homophobic at all. People know I support LGBT rights and since I have had a couple of gay friends in the past it shouldn't be a surprise, nor does it feel like I'm "tipping" anyone off.

10. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people

Never. In fact I am the first person to defend the LGBT community. As much as I'm not ready to be fully out, I don't care if people think I'm gay just because I'm supportive.

11. CuriousLiaison

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I sometimes think that if I want to keep up the pretence that I'm straight, I should probably stop bringing up LGBT rights, using words like "cisgender" or saying things like 'I think the word you're looking for is "intersex"'.

12. Elendil

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people

I don't remember acting very homophobic during my fully closeted phase. As a few others have said, whenever the topic came up I just kinda tuned out and tried to ignore what was being said.

13. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

As ironic as it may sound, I didn't start acting homophobic until I started coming out. It was my way of trying to distance myself from the gay stereotypes that I didn't want to associate with (or want to admit were present in myself). Luckily, that phase didn't last that long, and hopefully not too much permanent damage was done.

Lex

14. newfish

I remember being uncomfortable with the idea of being gay when I was young (like, under 11 maybe), but I didn't really DO anything homophobic. I just didn't understand it, probably because I went to a Catholic school for a couple years where the other kids all giggled at the word gay and my dad explained what gay was after using the term "boy kissers" (note that I would not consider him homophobic at this point).