1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Anyone had missed potential to open up ruined by others being present?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by C P, Mar 17, 2015.

1. C P

C P

I'm more asking this to closeted folk, but anyone is welcome to join in of course.(heck, I probably brought it up before anyways)

What I mean is...you had someone you ran into(who you'll likely never see again) who seemed like maybe they'd have been potential candidates for opening up about your... feelings?

An example:

This was probably almost two years ago now but I was at Walmart and my mom was getting something out of the ATM near customer service. I was just looking around and noticed this guy looking at our direction(me?) from the back of the line at the CS desk(didn't seem constant as he looked away, so I didn't think much of it at first until I decided to be nosy and wonder what grabbed his focus).

This is what made me suspicious. Soon enough we got into line behind him and started talking about something and this guy just butts in our convo; not in a rude way...more like a 'I've been there, too' sort of way(as if a reason to chat with us?)...and you can add him seeming (really) nervous into the mix.

Who the heck knows what was really on his mind...but I can't help but look in retrospect at this kinda thing and question if maybe(judging how it started) it was someone else closeted who somehow took my looks back for someone in similar situation...but of course I was with someone(probably what kept his nerves up; and I wasn't the driver at the time, so had to leave right after, too), so there went that...

Yeah, I still think about it because, if the above had any truth to it, I damn sure could've used someone like that at the time.

Blah blah blah, I'm sure you get what I mean.

2. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah, actually the first person I wanted to talk to was my grandfather because he is really understanding and we get along so well. He's very open minded and is not into the family nonsense. Unfortunately, he's also mostly around my grandmother who can be dramatic sometimes and she has her religious moments. I was hoping to come out 4 months earlier but missed the window. Luckily, I might get another shot this weekend. He's said things that have meant a lot to me and I really want to thank him for helping me along before he's gone. Fingers crossed:slight_smile:

3. MurderMystery

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    That's a re-occurring feeling actually. Sometimes you meet someone you just instantly have this knowing feeling that they might be in the same situation as you. I always find myself in that sort of problem. The thing is you have to think about it first. What if you assumed wrong or what if they are completely disinterested in it... That's the hard part. You're never really sure (and you can never be sure) unless you make that small little leap.