1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

viva la revolution

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by kindy14, Mar 18, 2015.

?

So what is your political philosophy???

1. Left (Liberal)

23 vote(s)
    44.2%
  2. Libertarian

11 vote(s)
    21.2%
  3. Right (Conservative)

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  4. Statist (Big Government)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. OMG I can't believe what the poll said I was... (cognitive dissonance)

3 vote(s)
    5.8%
  6. Centrist

13 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

OK, so politics has been rearing it's ugly head on this board. Talking with one member I asked her to take this little political philosophy quiz.

So, try this test and see where that puts you...

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%, Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 80%

LIBERTARIAN
    Libertarians support maximum liberty in both personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.

#1 kindy14, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  2. Justinian20

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 50%

Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 20%

This quiz has been taken 22,095,449 times

According to your answers, the political group that agrees with you most is...

CENTRIST

Centrist prefer a "middle ground" regarding government control of the economy and personal behavior. Depending on the issue, they sometimes favor government intervention and sometimes support individual freedom of choice. Centrists pride themselves on keeping an open mind, tend to oppose "political extremes," and emphasize what they describe as "practical" solutions to problems.

So the poll doesn't have that result as well, The red dot on my diagram is on the border of Statist and Left(Liberal).

3. CrazyAwkward

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 70%

Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 60%

I got Centrist as well. My dot was on the line between Centrist and and Libertarian.

4. Robert

Robert Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    LIBERTARIAN
    Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%
    Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 70%

In real life: I'm a libertarian communist / anarcho-communist / anarchist.

5. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 90%

Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 20%

LEFT (LIBERAL)

well i don't really care for politics that much...to many equal pros and cons...

6. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Sorry centrists, that was my fault... my bad... can't edit now (unless an admin knows how)

Well, I'm of the opinion if our Representatives actually took accurate polls of issues, and measures, we'd get a much more balanced, centrist/libertarian overall governance.

We as citizens need to step back from the fray sometimes and look at what is going on. Where does the money go, where does it come from, who does it go to, and how. Who is actually benefiting from the flow of resources, capital, labor, etc... Can we be more efficient in how we accomplish the goals we all recognize as important. Whatever they be in the local and level of representation (local, state, nation, world, dimension.)

I'm so soured on the "2-Party" system we have. A pox on most all of them. I think most people don't know specifically what their ideology is, and the implications of their choices

7. lemons123

I consider myself very liberal, progressive in favor of science and even constant change if you will. But since I am no American no idea how this fits in the "US landscape". Probably democrat 0_0...if I was a citizen of your country/able to vote, etc.

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2015 at 09:44 AM ----------

k, just did it:

"Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%

Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 100%"

Libertarian then :slight_smile:.

8. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 100%.
    Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 60%.

LIBERTARIAN

Libertarians support maximum liberty in both personal and economic matters. They advocate a much smaller government; one that is limited to protecting individuals from coercion and violence. Libertarians tend to embrace individual responsibility, oppose government bureaucracy and taxes, promote private charity, tolerate diverse lifestyles, support the free market, and defend civil liberties.​

9. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Well, that's what is good about the poll, it's a simple gauge. No it's not perfect. It's a yardstick not a 3D mapping tool of every issue in the universe.

We can keep discussions more about broad ideology, rather than particular parties in our (USA) government. I'd rather do that, and find consensus on solutions.

We have a backasswards way of dealing with problems in our country now. Instead of helping communities to help themselves, it's more the government mandating you need to do this ($) and this ($) and this ($) So, the mandate adds more overhead, each and every mandate.

Famous libertarian saying TANSTAAFL

There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. Government provisions don't materialize from no where. Government is always, take from peter to pay paul, and here's our (gov) cut of it. Oh, you don't like it, audit, trumped up charges, FORCE.

Have had a long time to reflect on politics, the world, and the mess the world is in.

10. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Centrist

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 70%

Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 50%

Not surprised. I'm strongly opposed to censorship or sex laws, but when it comes to drugs, not as much. And I don't think everything in the economy should be privatized.

11. LaEsmeralda

Hi Kindy! :slight_smile:

I got... Left (Liberal)! Big surprise :lol:

Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 10%

Liberals usually embrace freedom of choice in personal matters, but tend to support significant government control of the economy. They generally support a government-funded "safety net" to help the disadvantaged, and advocate strict regulation of business. Liberals tend to favor environmental regulations, defend civil liberties and free expression, support government action to promote equality, and tolerate diverse lifestyles.

Sounds about right.

12. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Surprise, surprise, I got liberal. I got a 80 and 20 on personal and economic freedom respectively. I've taken more in depth political quizzes than this before. I think it's clear by my scores I'm against privatization of about anything. I also added a centrist option to the poll. :slight_smile:

13. lemons123

Great...I think my score on said test isn't surprising as I consider myself anarchist and the "agree" button leans to this type of thinking.

However I've always got the (probably wrong...) impression that libertarians are right and very-right instead of anarchist which will be centrist movement or depending on you're looking on it: anarcho-communism or anarcho-capitalism, then it can be both.

I also agree with many of the ideas of Noam Choamsky but NOT all of them, sometimes I am getting the feeling that he is just trying to say something 'bombastic' and 'populistic' just to get the press to write about him.

Are libertarian ideas popular in America or at least growing?

14. timo

Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 30%

LEFT (LIBERAL)

Perfect.

15. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

There is a broad range of libertarians in America. Unfortunately (fortunately???,) it's like herding a group of cats, nobody can really agree on everything. It's like they're waiting for the perfect solution instead of what can work in the meantime.

The media picks who it wants to present as the image of an issue, party, viewpoint. They often control the narrative to such an extent that falsehoods are presented as gospel. Such as the "truth" about gays, lesbians, bis, trans, and all the rest of the spectrum of individuality. Or "liberals," "conservatives," and all the other label we use to subdivide.

16. Fallingdown7

Fallingdown7 Guest

I got Centrist from the quiz

17. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Hey, thanks for adding that to the poll.

There are some functions we need to act on collectively, but for me, they should be far and few between. Does your local government NEED to run the water and sewer department? I don't know, my local government unit happens to run it, so I pay a bill directly to them. It's a bill for services rendered. Is that the most efficient and fair way to run it?

I can tell you in Indiana the nepotism and lack of professionalism in many small towns, villages, and cities leads to misappropriation of funds, and even outright theft. Sometimes they aren't even intentionally doing anything, they just don't know how to work in the position they've been elected to (generally I'm talking about the clerk treasurers of these small burgs.) Nepotism can lead to a town being the family business, with all your relatives getting nice cushy jobs, and plenty of benefits.

No, this isn't the painting of every small to mid sized town out there. There are plenty of good, smart, honest people in government. But, there are also plenty of bad ones out there.

18. Mith

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Centrist, very near to Liberal anyway.

19. Rainbows~Exist

Centrist:

Your PERSONAL issues Score is 50%

Your ECONOMICS issues Score is 50%

20. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status: