1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I think a teachers hitting on me and I like her what do I do

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shadowheart, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Shadowheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    So I admit I have a crush on a teacher and I think
    she likes me but maybe I'm taking it the wrong way any way to tell
    she likes me?

2. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    You need to be aware that this can have serious repercussions, for both you and her.

Can you be a little more precise as to what you mean by "hitting on me"? In other words, what are the specific things this teacher is doing to make you think she is hitting on you?

On the other hand, is there any way that your having a crush on her is perhaps changing your perception of what may just be innocent, teacherly attention on her part?

3. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Well even if you like someone look at the situation from an outsiders view. Even if they may like you, don't approach them until after graduation. Don't let them pressure you into anything.But they need to be the adult and responsible with this situation too. How old are they anyway?

4. Shadowheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    About 20 I know she is way older I just feel awkward around her.
    Well she is always trying to sit by me, when she did she constantly rubbed her leg
    on mine, always staring at me. I want to stop liking her in a way I shouldn't but it's so
    hard not to. I would never do anything to get her fired

5. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

If you feel uncomfortable around her. Ask her nicely to give you some space. Imagine it was your friend doing that to your younger family member you're close with. How would you feel?
    She is way older than you, ask yourself why is she bothering a 17 year old minor? What's her motive?

---------- Post added 18th Mar 2015 at 09:45 AM ----------

But it's your decision. Do what you feel is right just be prepared for the consequences. I don't agree or disagree on this subject but just be safe.

6. Shadowheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thank you I will I appreciate the tips:slight_smile:

7. lemons123

I think it's a bad idea, she could end up in jail or simply get fired. How old are you? Anything under 18 - not good idea...

Re-direct yourself towards all the sexy girls around your age.

8. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

No problem but really be smart and safe. God bless and I'm praying for you. But look at the rest of your options, for example people your age.

9. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Never mind the age, I think there is your answer.

Tell her so, say you aren't comfortable with her sitting that close to you and making physical contact. You should do this with anyone, no matter the age or gender. If you aren't into someone, don't let them hang all over you and get touchy feely.

Overcoming your primal desires is always difficult (don't tell a guy it's hard to do.) But, if it's not what you really want, block it. Block it now, and be honest with her.

10. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I don't want to be judgemental, but this in inappropriate behavior on her part. A teacher should never cross boundaries with students especially minors but even adult students. It is very unprofessional. Another bi boyfriend I dated in highschool and part of college once told me that a college professor once asked him for sexual favors because he had seen my boyfriend's text messages and knew his sexual orientation. He said he didn't do anything and he was very uncomfortable being in his class after this situation. I was livid! I told him I wanted to know the name of this professor to turn his butt in. My boyfriend said he would turn the professor in so I let the matter go. But in my opinion, there are some boundaries you do not cross. Teacher student relationships should remain professional. Especially since you are a minor...she could get in a lot of trouble. I'd let her know that she needs to respect your personal space and crush or not, hang out and check out the girls your age. Maybe after you graduate something might develop between this teacher and you if that is what you want. But right now, watch out for yourself and be safe and don't let this teacher make the mistake of getting in to trouble. Let her know to keep her distance and give you your space. Good luck! :slight_smile:

11. RainDreamer

Wait. A teacher has a professional duty to be a teacher, just as a doctor has a professional duty to be a doctor. They can't let personal feelings gets in the way of their job. For the good of both of you, wait until you stop being a student, then do whatever you want.

12. bicomplicated

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I agree with this 100%

13. biffle50

biffle50 Guest

Preach. I totally agree with the wait after high school. Plus you're 17 and graduating too. Just wait, then all in the meantime, tell her to give you space.

14. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I did some searching and discovered that the age of consent in Alaska is 16, so it isn't illegal in itself, but it is illegal for anyone in a duty of care (i.e teachers, police officers, doctors) to have a relationship with 16-17 year olds, because they are still considered minors in the eyes of the law. It's inappropriate for someone in a position of care to pursue such a relationship, even if they are old enough to make their own decisions.

Probably best to let it go. She could get into a lot of trouble. Obviously it isn't your responsibility what she does but you shouldn't enable her behaviour. When you graduate, do whatever you want.

#14 imnotreallysure, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  15. Shadowheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I agree with everyone one of you
    I have been able to avoid sitting by her
    luckily. I would actually rather date someone my age hopefully I
    will find someone who loves and cares about me:slight_smile:

16. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i would stay far away from her. i remember a teacher who was about 40 years old and yeah sure she was attractive and very nice but she would dress and act like a 20 year old. It was borderline creepy. She would carry on flirtatious relationships with her students and be all over some of her students. I mean when she would sit by you like she was bout to fall in your lap. There was no personal space. Of course not being able to prove she is doing anything wrong we never reported her. IT was creepy though.

17. Shadowheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Yeah I bet I try sitting way when I can