1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Different Are You Before You Join EC?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LakanLunti, Mar 18, 2015.

1. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Take a minute or two to reflect before you answer this. Compare yourself now that you are part of th EC Community from yourself before you join EC.

As for me, there are a lot of changes.
    ~ I stopped looking for "webcam fun" online. I just realized I have to stop that because it is unhealthy and dangerous.
    ~ I became very open minded on LGBT issues. Before I join EC, I avoid any topics that has had to do with the LGBT community because I am afraid they might assume I am with them. But now, even tho I havent come out to everyone yet, I am very open to LGBT topics. I once had joined a debate about Gay Marriage in the Philippines and I joined the Pro Gay Marriage team, and we won!
    ~ I now understand my sexuality more. Before EC, I always see myself being with a guy who is very dominant and I will be just his follower. But now, I have discovered that I can also be the dominant one in a relationship. I also discovered that topping can be fun :wink:, because before EC I always see myself as bottom. And I also discovered that I can also have relationships (both sexually and romantically) with girls, though it rarely happens.
    ~ I learned how diverse the LGBT community is. I aways thought there are only straight, gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered. But now I know that there are more! The LGBT community is really the most interesting community, imo. They will never fail to surprise and amuse you. And I dont want to stop in learning more about it!
    ~ And the best part that EC has taught me is that I can now say that I am proud of being gay. Wait, I wrote that wrongly. I should write it this way...
    (!)I AM PROUD OF BEING GAY! I AM PROUD THAT I AM PART OF THE LGBT COMMUNITY(!)
    I might not say that one out loud YET, but atleast to myself I can.

How about you, people of EC?

2. CandyKing

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I was going make a thread like this.

3. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I joined EC seven years ago. I'm a different person in almost every way. Some can be attributed to EC, some to being in a much better environment, some to just growing up. I was only 17 when I joined.

4. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    My dancing tree is faster than your Charizard, I guess. :slight_smile:

5. MrK21

My sexuality may change but my heart never will.

6. Hatsune Miku

this place hasn't changed me in any way whatsoever

7. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I've changed a lot since I have joined here. I've transitioned to male, and I have gone through at least 10 different identities. I've also become a lot more confident in who I am as a person, and I am no longer ashamed to be transgender.

8. greatwhale

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I have changed in the only way that I could find meaningful...I have become myself.

9. Burnedcloset

I've grown up in a sense. I have been a lot more like myself and I speak back supporting LGBTQ+ issues as much as I can now.

I'm ALOT more open minded. And I hope to make real life friends as diverse and amazing as the people on EC. I love hearing so many different stories and thoughts.

Oh....and now I'm a fabulous queen.

10. penta

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm still a bit of a newbie here i guess.. i only recently joined but already it changed me a lot.
    All the stories and information found here taught me a lot and made the coming out a lot easier. Since i came out i've changed a lot. I now use a different name and changed my appearance a bit, i'm still changing but i'll take it one step at a time, my wardrobe and style are the first things i'm gonna change now.
    I'm so glad i found this place because it was the first place where i could tell at least someone how i feel, although i don't know any of you personally you all helped me big time!

11. Radioactive Bi

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No change in me.

Happy days :slight_smile:

12. RainDreamer

I was younger. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

13. Eric

I've matured, but five years will do that to you. Apart from that, I haven't really changed much. I've certainly had my mistrust for certain figures reaffirmed, and I'd describe myself as rather more disillusioned and cynical, but that's neither here nor there.

14. Hizaki

I stopped seeing the world in monochrome. I've become a much more positive person, at least in my head.

15. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I'm learning about myself, at many levels... And I'm not scared or shocked anymore of who I am. I learned that complexity doesn't always mean madness or being sick.

Also I get back (at times) my faith in humanity, which (at times) turns me into a nicer, more tolerant human being. This means a lot to me, to improve myself on a personal-emotional level, and I'm grateful to everyone who has contributed by being kind or giving advice.

16. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Before I joined EC, my emotions were confusing. Interestingly, anger was the first to come back in full force. I've grown up a lot, but that's what life tends to do. Although I'd be lying if I said I didn't learn much from EC. I've been reading EC, for years, before I joined.

At the end of the day, it's up to me, to change myself. EC's made me more comfortable with my bisexuality, which I was already quite happy with.

To the best of my knowledge, most people I deal with, are heterosexual. I appreciate gay members providing their perspective, and so on with the diversity.

17. TheStormInside

I think I am slowly becoming a bolder person, and a more connected one. I understand more about myself and am more in touch with my emotions. I still have a lot of fears, but facing one of my greatest ones has been teaching me that I can indeed overcome, and I'm capable of more than I once thought.

18. White Knight

Personality-wise nothing changed. However I became more educated about trans issues... still learning tho'.

And of course made some nice friends whom added my knowledge with their unique personalities, culture and interests. Probably this is why I am still sticking around... to catch glimpses of wonderful people around.

19. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Well the paranoia about what my sexuality might be has calmed down since I joined. I'm not as concerned with putting a label on it and I don't worry that I might have lied to my parents by saying I was gay when I'm actually asexual, etc. I've calmed down about all that.

20. AwesomGaytheist

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've calmed down quite a bit since then, and have become a lot more serious. I've done a lot of self discovery, and I'm shocked at how fast the time goes by. Two months short of two years!