1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

having your partner on social media

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by GayJay, Mar 18, 2015.

1. GayJay

Are you online friends with your partner? Or would you ne if you had one?

I don't have my girlfriend on Facebook. Or any other social media, if she even uses any others, I don't even know
    When I said this to a friend she thinks im crazy. Like either of us could be up to anything and the other would never know. She had both of us and has my girl on other sites.
    She was like implying I sould check my girls accounts

Idk weather she knows something I don't but it definitely got me a little uneasy. I settled that I would rather get cheated on and find out eventually than have her facebook and be basically checking up on her.
    I have total trust, despite the bad reputations we've got.

What bout you guys. Would ypu ignore that or would you already have them on it anyway?

2. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    Unless this 'friend' was really sounding like she knew something, well she just sounds like someone who'd be too paranoid to trust her own partner. It's hard to tell from what you said but it probably says more about her own relationships than yours if she thinks you're "crazy" for trusting your partner.

I'm not really on social media anyway but if I was using it and had a partner who was as well, I wouldn't add them simply to check up on them. Maybe just for the sake of keeping up to date with general events when not around each other if we were both using it but that's about all.

It makes me a bit saddened when I hear about this thing of people checking their partners phone for text messages and such, because for one thing if someone feels the need to do that then there's obviously a problem with trust to begin with regardless of what they find. For another it can lead to misunderstandings/misinterpreting perfectly innocent things. For example, some months back I got an email from a friend who said I would be seeing: "Joe and his magic tongue" on my next visit. I joked that if anyone read that email and was unaware that the "Joe" in question was a young cat who loves to lick people - well they might just raise an eyebrow at the message!

3. Jinkies

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I met mine on social media...

4. robclem21

I dont have facebook and I barely use any social media. I know my bf does but I don't feel the need to "check up" on him at any time. I trust him completely and so if you trust your partner, I think there is nothing wrong with kinda ignoring them online. Haha. As long as you dont ignore them in real life :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

5. White Knight

Not have a partner but if I would have one (hope devils had their coats for that day) probably we will be only friends/meet on online games if he'd be in them as well.

I don't use any other social media tool/site.

6. kindy14

kindy14 Guest

Only bugs me when I see him online and he's not texting me. But, I'm getting better about that. Hard to be in an "open" relationship, when both of us are "so into you that I'm not craving or looking for anyone else." He said that last night, and gave me a heart beating emoti... :grin: Had me weepy and giddy all at the same time.

7. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    When I had a girlfriend, she was on Facebook, but I wasn't, so she'd post pictures of us and people who mainly knew her through Facebook would be like "Who is that?! Tell me about him!" It's kinda weird, but I'm just not that into social media. And the idea that I would need to have accounts so they could be checked is ridiculous. People have no trust in our "digital age".

8. Yosia

I can't see why you shouldn't have your partner on facebook etc. I mean, if they don't use it then fair enough, but if someone refuses to add their partner, then I would instantly assume that something is up.

9. Quiet Raven

I agree. I mean, I wouldn't want to add them just to "check up on them" because I don't trust them. But I add the people I am close to on Facebook, so why not add my gf? And I would think it awfully strange if she just refuses...

10. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Agreed with both Yosia and Quiet Raven. =]

People who are close to me are people I add on FB. :icon_bigg

11. Centore

Centore Guest

I don't like social media. Pointless conversations and stupid pictures. Also, I don't like companies making money of my information, which I try to keep to a minimum. And if I did, I wouldn't check my partner's account for things. The moment you stop trusting each other is when a relationship really falls to pieces.

#11 Centore, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 19, 2015
  12. Fandom obsessed

I like having my partners on my social networking things.

13. GayJay

I don't know. The only site I have is facebook, and that is to keep in touch with family I don't see. Its sole purpose is to see what my cousins look like and stuff like that. U only have about 5 actual friends on it, who are also old school friends I don't see
    So I just don't see a need to add someone I text daily
    Yeah me and my girl spoke about it today and seems people just like to interfere I suppose

14. AAASAS

The guy I'm seeing doesn't have it, but he does have G***dr we usually just message eachother when we see eachother on it and have a good laugh.