1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you clean?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Burnedcloset, Mar 18, 2015.

1. Burnedcloset

So....I'm sure some of us are slobs....
    Are you a neat freak? Are you a slob? Are you inbetween? Is your car (if you have one) kept clean? Is your room/living space kept clean? Do you do dishes? Rate yourself from a 1-10

Me...I'm about a 4-6 depending on the thing I'm keeping clean. Room is kept clean on occasion....clothes are kept fresh. I'm not too bad I guess.

2. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'd say I'm about an 8. I don't go crazy about it, but I like to keep things neat. A coworker commented that my car was immaculate the other day. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

3. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

My room is, a bit cluttered but not dirty.

I wash my clothes and never wear the same ones twice without washing. I have my own set of cutlery (chopsticks, spoon and fork) separate from everyone else's, and it is cleaned right after use.
    I am also quite obsessed with personal hygiene and am constantly washing my hands. I make sure I never smell or appear dirty, even when I am not to meet anyone.

I would rate myself a 9/10, clean but not organised.

4. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I guess I am at around an 8.5. I like to keep things clean (and organised). :slight_smile:

5. BradThePug

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    My room is a total disaster zone...

6. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    6-8, it depends on where I am

7. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    A brother... :icon_bigg

I tend to be chaotic for short periods, but then I'll have "an oder attack/crisis". I'm getting better, but to fight my chaotic tendencies is hard... It really is.

I'm clean as a cat, among other reasons because being a smoker forces me to change clothes everyday. Also I hate dirty dishes and living among dirt in general, it just depresses me.

I'd give myself a 7/10.

8. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

I vary from 5-7 depending on the circumstances.. I never let the house get too messed up! I do the dishes and wash clothes (not only for me but for my uncle too because his wife is living in germany!) I am like his niece-wife.. I do his weekend clothes and work clothes! I also make sure the bathroom and kitchen are always decent to look at! May be a few clothes here and there but.. Other then that i'm not too bad I guess! My room at the moment isn't good.. but it's just a bunch of clean clothes everywhere! :slight_smile:

#8 ChloeKiss, Mar 18, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2015
  9. TigerInATophat

Out Status:
    Some people
    In terms of personal hygiene - Yes.
    In terms of food hygiene - Yes.
    In terms of general clutter - My home is doing a good impersonation of a mini landfill site I'm working on it :lol:

In my defense, this isn't exactly my preference. I live in a small place but my mother objects to any and all tidying so I have to wait till I'm on my own to do anything. Add to that the issues our area has with poor refuse collections and even recycling points that fill up too quickly, and the fact I don't own a car to transport anything, and it causes some real practical issues with what to do about clutter. Not sure how I'd rate myself out of 10 because it's basically 'clean mess' if that makes sense - ie messy but not dirty.

#9 TigerInATophat, Mar 18, 2015
  10. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a messy person in general. When I clean my room it gets messy again literally within 48 hours. I just don't have the energy, and find cleaning really boring. I also can't be bothered putting clothes away so they usually end up on my floor or bed or stuffed in my wardrobe. There are also coats, shoes, hats and everything else lying all over.

I don't do dishes. Ever. Dishwashers exist for that purpose. If we didn't have a dishwasher then the dishes would either pile up or someone else would do it.

I'm very clean when it comes to my personal hygiene though.. shower daily. I have fairly high standards when it comes to the hygiene of others as well.

#10 imnotreallysure, Mar 18, 2015
  11. AlamoCity

Well, my room is always messy, but it's because I have yet to organize my clothes in a satisfactory way. You see, I use benzoyl peroxide for my skin and it bleaches clothes. So, I separate undershirts and underwear (that I wear at night) from my "going out" clothes. I'd be livid if my Hanes tshirts stained one of my Turnbull & Asser dress shirts. As such, I have piles of clothes all over. I envy those people who have a general hamper where they just dump everything and wash in a couple of loads. Seriously.

Aside from that, my room is generally what I'd call "organized chaos." I'd rate it a 4/10 :lol:.

12. Absol

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I really weird...like my room is a complete disaster and it's been like that for a while, but I would rather have things clean and organized. I think I can maintain a room cleanliness if it's clean to begin with, but I'm not one of those people who sees an unorganized mess and have the sudden urge to organize it.

So I'm just going to say 5/10.

13. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    3/10...And they say all Gay men are neat freaks...Dumb stereotypes...

#13 MotelGuy, Mar 19, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2015
  14. PatrickUK

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I am about 5/10. I do clean and tidy, but it's not a habit, so things can get pretty messy and disorganised in between. I also have two dogs... so yeah.

15. Argentwing

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    filthy bastard here. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: JK, JK. I am nowhere near the pinnacle of clean freak, but I can always find things and hit a critical point where I must clean what I have been ignoring for some time.

Probably about a 4 on the scale. Lived-in, but not toxic.

16. redneck

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'm a 2. I won't let my house get crazy bad but it's usually messy, but I do have laundry everywhere and I have dishes in the sink.

My truck is horrible I've heard that there is a floorboard on the passenger side, but it has been years since I've seen it so I can neither confirm nor deny those rumors.

17. Ruby Dragon

Ruby Dragon Well-Known Member

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I rate myself about a 5. Sometimes I'm more of a slob, sometimes I'm neat(-ish) :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

My car is kept clean and tidy on the inside, but it gets dirty and dusty on the outside, and I don't wash it/have it washed very often so guess I'm 50/50 when it comes to my car. My room is kept fairly clean. If I fold and pack away my clean laundry then there isn't really something out of place. But I'm lazy when it comes to that. My bed is always made before I leave my room in the mornings and dirty laundry are in the basket, not on the floor. So let's say I'm about 70% tidy in my room. I do the dishes from time to time, but I'm living with my parents so other times, someone else does it. The rest of the house is kept neat and tidy and clean

18. RainDreamer

funny thing is...while I am really messy with physical stuff, like I never make my bed or clean my place often, I am really dedicated to organizing and cleaning my digital stuff and data. Everything is in a system with folders and subfolders organized neatly.

What would that make me?

19. White Knight

6-7

I like to keep things organized but not "regular" organized. My way comes as messy to many people.

The more dirty the things the more relaxing for me to clean them.

20. TheStormInside

Probably 7/10? I like to keep things neat and organized. If there is clutter I have a hard time focusing. I'm very hygiene-conscious and due to my immunodeficiency am a bit of a germophobe. I am not always great at keeping things sparkly clean, dishes are one thing I let pile up if no one else is around to see. My car is also in dire need of a cleaning because I tend to consider it a utilitarian tool more than anything else (I don't drive much, and don't care for driving much, either).