1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dancing and living. Those two can be really close.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Aeolia, Mar 19, 2015.

1. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I was looking for a way to develop my own dance style and I came across this video.
    I feel the need to share it.

It's mostly about dance, but it can also be taken as a lesson about life.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B6NH873eyA

2. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I'm by no means a professional, but I'm willing to dance -- to a degree.

One thing I noticed was, a lot of folks are too shy to dance, and by being like that, they miss out on a lot of opportunities. Dancing with somebody is a good way to get them to open up, and it is easy in theory to do. Just because too many folks won't dance, it doesn't matter how bad you are, just that you are.

You can actually learn quite a bit about somebody, by how they dance. The emphasis they put on certain parts of their body, how they "respond" to their surroundings and music, and their eyes. If you pay attention to their eyes, you'll get a good idea of what they're looking at and thinking about. You can see if they will look you in the eye, which is an indicator of confidence or concern, or all around to show they're zoned into the music/situation, or something else has their priority at the moment. This has allowed me to talk to people, who normally would be out of my league, because most people are flattered or curious how I read them.

It's a fun and useful tool for living, if you're willing to use it, lol.

3. Hizaki

Good points Kaiser, but for some, it's like a psychological torture device. I don't mind other people dancing, but personally, why would I flail my legs and arms to the beat of a song I don't like? I want to want to dance, but right now, it's just not happening. :frowning2: I suppose I just don't "get it" as well as some do.