1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

School

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LesbianAngel, Mar 20, 2015.

1. LesbianAngel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Is anybody else sick and tired of going to school. I mean, don't get me wrong, I like school and I want to get a good education and go to university but I am not a morning person at all and I just can't be arsed to get up so early. Anybody feel me?

2. Meatballs

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Totally. We' ve been following the exact same pattern for years -wake up early, sit through class, stay up late studying, repeat. The only thing that changes is the work gets harder and the stakes get higher. Add in friendship drama and other stuff like that and congratulations, you've completely ruined the joy of learning. Thanks, school.

3. Chi and Bashful

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Honestly I wish I could go back 2 school but I get it it's a grind and it's very easy to get worn out but stick n there cuz in college u get to pick ur own schedule.

4. Yosia

The school/college i'm at right now is good and fun. But the college before and school before that were god awful.

5. Vinyl

I totally feel you. I'm a Senior in High School, so I'm definitely ready to get out of here. But, hey, at least having a half day everyday isn't so bad. ;3;

6. LesbianAngel

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Exactly! Its always the same thing over and over again except you learn a little more each day, teachers/students in bad moods sometimes and by the time you home, you forget everything you learned.

7. Rainbows~Exist

Amen sister! Buuuutttt I'm finishing in a couple of weeks so I'm not that bothered anymore! :grin:

8. Spartan 117

Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've moved this thread over to "Chit Chat", because I didn't feel like it suited the Welcome Lounge as it wasn't an introduction. :slight_smile: Have fun discussing how much school sucks! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

9. I'm in my last year of high school before I go to college/university, and I feel that completely. Even though we were allowed to come in pretty late this past week, I've been either 1) resisting the urge to fall asleep during class or 2) spending every waking moment thinking, 'I want to get out of here, I want to get out of here, I want to get out of here'.

10. randomly me

randomly me Guest

Always resisting the urge to flip my teacher of.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2015 at 10:32 PM ----------

i...shouldn't have written that...

11. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I'm homeschooled thank god.

12. PossumJack

Well, at least you have the decency to resist. I'm just snoozing through every class I have now that I'm admitted into a college :grin:

13. fragileflame

I think pretty much everyone is sick and tired of going to school. I know I am! School is an exhausting and stressful thing and I don't think it should be. Learning should be fun and exciting, and I also think we should be learning more life lessons. And in high school your learning is directed towards the field you would like to be in. Because, if you want to be a coffee shop owner you don't need to know that mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell! You need to know how to manage money and run a business and all that stuff, you know?

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2015 at 06:14 PM ----------

Be careful with that, one of my good friends got into UCLA and because of some personal issues she was having some of her grades dropped and the dropped her acceptance and no she goes to a community college (there's nothing wrong with community college, but she was into UCLA!)

14. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup. Very glad to be homeschooled, especially after hearing all the "horror stories", particular for LGBT kids.

15. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

The school system is full of shit.
    They teach everyone the same, useless information, sometimes even wrong facts, most they won't need in life anyways. They enforce patriotism (especially in America) and conformity on students. Their methods are wrong and restrictive, they do not understand that not everyone learns the same way. On top of that, schools where I live are like prison. From my brief experience (elementary school only), they yell at you for every little thing, including putting your goddamn elbows on the desk and not standing up straight.
    They only let you drink water for brief 2 second periods three times a day (not including lunch break).
    Although I was put in the advanced classes my grades weren't very high.
    They called me a problem child because I always questioned everything and broke their rules.

My mother took me out of public school after 5th grade, and my intelligence skyrocketed from there. I learnt things they'd never teach in school, I'm fluent in two languages and beyond the maturity of my age range. I graduated high school at the age of 15, all by teaching myself.
    What's most important is, I am my own unique self, not biased by the shit they put into children's heads at a young age.

School isn't truely about learning. It's about making everyone into conforming sheeple.

16. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    I dislike most of my classes in college. I don't exactly dislike what I'm taught, but it's hard to pay attention to someone that keeps talking for more than 40 minutes.

17. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I dont know about you guys but I LOVE going to school! Actually I just...... *faints because I havent had a good sleep yet from doing lots of projects*

:grin: :lol: But seriously, I also dont like schools. Not that I dont want to be educated or something, but it is because they only think about themselves (especially those professors) and the money they will from us! I mean, who would be happy if you are given a project that is due next week and next week is the final exams week! How would you study while doing some projects? And they fine us with fees we dont even see where is it going? We have internet fee but our school internet SUCKS (even for our subject in Web Design)! We have computer lab fee but some of the computers are not even working properly! We even have to bring our own laptop!

18. Alder

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Trust me I know how you feel. I really don't enjoy waking up at 6 am and getting home at around 5 pm every day. I mean I really love to learn and I'm so grateful for the opportunity (especially since the school I'm in is pretty good), so I don't have much to complain about- but sometimes I guess there are things about the system that aren't entirely agreeable.

19. CJliving

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I always loved school and going to class, definitely didn't mind the hours or anything either. But, high school still sucked big hairy monkey butts.

The 'education' system is screwed up 7 ways to Sunday, and I can pretty much guarentee that every single one of your teachers knows that. Unfortunately the people that get to make all the big decisions regarding education are people that care more about money and global testing statistics than real education.

20. Manitoban

I honestly hated high school, it was incredibly rigid and my grades showed. I was definitely middle of the pack at best of times.

In university I'm getting almost straight A's(but not quite) Cause I honestly love the topics, research and study I choose to do. Makes a massive difference. Hang in there!