1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

If someone had a warrant for their arrest would you turn them in?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by dano218, Mar 20, 2015.

?

Would you turn a person with a arrest warrant in?

Poll closed Mar 27, 2015.
  1. Yes

9 vote(s)
    22.5%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    2.5%
  3. It depends

30 vote(s)
    75.0%
  1. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    For me it would depend on what crime they committed. For me it's theft, murder, rape or any crime that harms anyone or their property than I would turn them in. Otherwise i would mind my own business and not turn them in. I believe drug, gun and alcohol laws are unconstitutional anyway so I would protect them risking my own arrest for aiding and abetting. It would be easier though if the warrant was in another state or something like that.

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    If I risk something for not doing so I'd turn them in.
    If I don't, I wouldn't mind their business... Don't want to get killed 3 weeks later in a back street.

3. randomly me

randomly me Guest

this somehow reminds me of spiderman....

and no..i believe in second chances for everyone.besides maybe a person i care about would commit a crime one day in that case i wouldn't turn them in either.

4. Yosia

Depends really on what they did, who they are to me and what their reasoning was for doing it.

5. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Depends who it is and what they did.

6. Nekoko

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Depends who they are and what they did...

7. Steam Mecha

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    It would depend on what they did and who it was.

8. Rainbows~Exist

Basically...

9. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Hm...

Well, as others have said, it depends. Though my reasons begin to differ beyond that.

If it was murder, I'd want to know the circumstances behind it. Was it self-defense or cold-blooded? If it was rape or molestation of a child, well, that is practically impossible to justify. I'd be more likely to turn them in... after I had my say with them.

But other than child molestation, rape, and circumstantial murder, which are automatic turn-ins, if I could benefit more by keeping them under my wing of protection, I'd go that route. Sure, a reward for turning somebody in is nice, but opportunistic gain is what helps make the world go 'round. That might make me a practitioner of ploy, or a blackmailer, but I wouldn't want to let the possibility of opportunity slip past. If the crime was grave enough, they'd surely be willing to do anything to avoid capture/imprisonment.

Besides, if they were some big-time drug dealer, getting in on their good side to learn their trade routes and financial profits, could benefit me tremendously. I don't intend to ever sell drugs again, but I could easily make money by "giving" those routes and connections to somebody who does sell.

Once they had nothing more to give me, and if there was a reward to still be had, then I might toss them to the wolves.

10. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

Brilliant. I love your way of thinking.

11. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I have problems with some laws, especially ones related to drugs, so if it were a drug crime, I'd be hesitant to turn them in. However, I wouldn't want not turning them in to get me into trouble, and if it's a directly harmful or dangerous crime, I'd probably turn them in.

12. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone

I love your way of your thinking. But whether there is reward or not and depending on the crime I probably still wouldn't turn them in. It is not even funny how many warrants are issued in this country and most never get caught. Look at any county warrant registry and you'll be amazed.

But one state in particular Texas has a lot of corruption when arresting people. I had a friend down there who because he wanted to be nice wrote the person's name on a check he was given and than was arrested for check forgery. I heard other stories where people are framed for a crime they never committed and have a warrant on them for life. I am guessing the reason why most people don't get caught sometimes is because they simply going through town and after they get arrested they leave never stepping foot there again.

---------- Post added 20th Mar 2015 at 02:23 PM ----------

Feel the same!

13. newfish

I would say no if it was a drug or alcohol crime, unless I was risking something to turn them in. Anything else, probably. If it were a close friend or family member, it would be dependent on the exact crime, even if it weren't drug or alcohol related, although I'm not really sure what warrant would be put out for them for a crime that I felt was too minor to turn them in.

14. HM03

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Yup!

15. Foz

Foz Guest

It's not my responsibility to play judge, jury and executioner. We have a legal system for that, it's not the place for citizens to intervene.

16. MCairo

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Pretty much.

17. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

Would you suggest a citizen stand by, and allow a crime to happen? Since they are not a judge, jury, or executioner. If you can prevent something from happening, or happening again, it seems proper to do so.

I'm going to assume you didn't mean that, but I cannot be sure. Both situations involve a responsibility of people, so I was curious.

18. randomly me

randomly me Guest

but criminals are humans too.

19. Pret Allez

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    It depends on what the crime was, whether I actually agreed with the statute, and notwithstanding my support of the statute, whether the victim of the crime did in fact deserve it.

~ Adrienne

20. fragileflame

I would really depend on the situation, my neighbor had a warrant for arrest and she showed up at her house and we called the police. The reason for that is because they had been selling drugs and it was getting REALLY dangerous and scary. But it all depends on what it was for...