1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Which countries do/did you want to go to?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Cubiculum, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Cubiculum

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    Title says it all, really.

I want to travel to Czech Republic, Argentina and Turkey

My mother said she wants to visit Russia (I shan't be going with her :grin:)

2. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    I'd like to live in Korea, not for any particular reason... I want to move far from France, and Korea sounds good.

3. Boudicca

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm living in Korea right now. I can recommend it. I love it here.

Right now, my travel list consists of Japan (where I've been once before), Thailand, and Indonesia. I'd also really like to go to India and Egypt.

4. Lyana

All of them! I think I'd love that. But topmost on my list are: Vietnam, Australia, Argentina, and Egypt (already been but loved it that much). They're all over the place, but that's the point. I want to travel! Both visiting and living abroad.

How come?
    Just curious. I want the exact same thing, mostly because I never want to stay in one place too long.

5. LaEsmeralda

I find Russia really fascinating, would to love to visit. Its history, language and geography are completely unique. I have a friend who lives in Murmansk and they only get two minutes of daylight a day during the winter :eek:

I also want to visit the USA and Canada, Istanbul in Turkey and some of those little islands off the coast of Africa - Reunion and Madagascar for example :slight_smile:

6. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    Places I've never been : Japan, Russia, China, India, Canada, Anctartica (well, it's a continent), Egypt, Argentina...

Places I'd like to go back : Irland and Basque Country.

Also to make the great american trip at some point in my life. I've only been in Cali, and there is a million places and cities in the US I want to see. I've got family living there as well, and I miss them too.

7. Lawrence

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to visit Sweden and Finland, because those countries are METAL. My family has Swedish friends. Somebody in my extended family married a Swedish guy. She likes to keep reminding us that he's Swedish.

If I had to move, I'd be happy with Switzerland or Canada. It depends on WHY I'm moving. I'm okay where I am. I know all the shortcuts and hidden items. Actually, I was recently asked if I'd like to go on holiday, to celebrate my birthday, and I just suggested another town in this country.

8. Aeolia

Gender Pronoun:
    Other
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Thanks for telling me haha Now I'm definitely going there haha

I don't feel like I belong there, I've always been an outcast and a weirdo, the way people act, the way they talk... I don't fit in at all.

9. Foz

Foz Guest

I'd really like to visit both Korea's, though having either one stamped in my passport would likely block my entry! So I'd have to go to SK on my US passport then to NK via China on my UK passport!

I've wanted to go to Erbil in the Kurdish region of Iraq for a while now, but it won't be until the next decade when it'll be safe to go now, I've seen loads of photos from there and it does look like a genuinely beautiful place. I've also wanted to go Pripyat inside the Chernobyl exclusion zone, but Ukraine is sort of out of limits for the time being!

10. Outlier

Almost everywhere! But those that come to mind the most are Ireland, New Zealand, Scotland, Germany, and China. I'm most interested in the countryside and things like touring old ruins. I'm not much interested in checking out big cities.

11. imnotreallysure

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I'd like to visit Germany. I hear Berlin has great nightlife.

12. CrazyAwkward

I'd love to visit Canada, Japan, Ireland, Australia, New Zealand. And Portugal, I suppose, as it would be cool to see where my great grandparents came from.

13. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I've done a lot of traveling, but I've never been to South America and I'd love to see Argentina and Brazil. They seem like beautiful and very interesting places. I'd also like to see Lebanon if the Middle East weren't so volatile all the time. Lebanon is sort of an "east meets west" country and I find that interesting. All the Arabic pop music and such is from Lebanon. It seems more livable than some of the other Middle Eastern countries.

14. Skaros

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    All but family
    Japan is at the top of my bucket list for vacationing.

I'd also like to visit South Africa, Brazil (Amazon rainforest), Sweden, Canada (Up north for camping and watching the northern lights), and Australia.

#14 Skaros, Mar 21, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2015
  15. Foz

Foz Guest

It really does! I love techno, trance, electro, pretty much anything that falls under the EDM category. I ended up in Germany by mistake a few years ago (long story!), it was the best 2 nights of clubbing ever! I used to be in London fairly often with work and it's not a patch on Germany!

16. thatsme

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never been outside Europe, I'd really like to visit Australia, America and Brazil. My dream is to live and work in Japan but people there can be very sexist and homophobic I've heard which is stopping me from actually trying to learn the language and etc.

17. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

I want to live in Japan. Maybe travel to UK.

---------- Post added 22nd Mar 2015 at 02:21 AM ----------

You're wrong, if anything Americans are more outright homophobic.
    Gender roles still do exist. But there is a lot less sexism than a few decades ago and a lot more gender-benders as well. About homosexuality, the difference is sexuality in general is not really talked about in Japanese culture. Gay people are not open about their sexuality. But there has been far many more outright physical violence towards LGBT people in America than in Japan.

18. Hizaki

I'm quite honestly obsessed with three places, and somehow I end up talking about them to everybody.

Mongolia, Germany, Japan.

I also have interest in Korea, China (+Taiwan), Belgium, Scandinavia, and Sakhalin. But honestly, I'd go anywhere.

19. Gandee

Gandee Guest

I want to go to Scotland...Scottish accent, yum...
    Other than that I have no desire to go anywhere specific, just general Europe.

20. thatsme

Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never been to America and I don't know much about your culture. I'm not saying that it's less or more homophobic than the Japanese culture.
    True you're probably not going to get attacked for being LGBT in Japan but you couldn't get a sex change, hormone treatment or marry your love one. Also there are not any openly gay people in Japan and the world gay is used as an insult. I love this guy's youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCgNsUswAY0mad0EaujlC4QQ he talks a lot about being gay in Japan.
    I know that homosexuality used to be accepted as normal in the past in Japan and homophobia is actually western influence. There also have been lots of gay prides and a lesbian wedding in Disney which is really cool.