1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you not like your friends?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Kenaria, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Kenaria

Possibly misleading title... but what I actually mean is: how do you stop yourself from developing crushes on your friends- particularly the straight ones.

Whether or not it's because of the lack of gay friends I have, or maybe it's just because the straight friends I know are really adorable with really awesome personalities... but how do I stop?

What are you guys' tips on not crushing on your straight friends, and what do you do if your straight friend "thinks guys are cute, but doesn't think about kissing them" (if you even would do anything..?)

I'm very confused right now, so any advice would be appreciated <3

2. randomly me

randomly me Guest

I try to think of my friends as siblings...that should help.

3. LakanLunti

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    EXACTLY! Try thinking them as your real brother or sister, at least that should help. Sometimes when I feel like Im having a feeling for them, I just say "NO! He/She is your brother/sister! You cant have feelings for your brother/sister!"

4. Kenaria

Hmm that's true I guess... I can think that with most of my female friends, but when it comes to my guys friends I can't help but feel like the reason they're close to me is that they like me? It's all very confusing, but I will definitely try that cx

thank you!

5. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Honestly i avoided it as much as possible and did not dwell on a possible crush on a straight guy. I found it to be a perfect waste of time so I put those thoughts away. Sure I checked them out now and than but never did I dwell on it. I see the pain and anxiety over straight crushes on this forum and while I mean this in no offense i am so glad I avoided it at all costs for that reason. I focused on the ones who were single though and got my gaydar going. OF course all them ended being gay so I was right about all of them.

6. Kenaria

Well my friend I'm crushing on is single and is very feminine (stereotypes i know, but they're often correct). He has dated a lot of girls but always ends up really unhappy with them? I guess I should avoid them, but I'm a very desperate person for someone to cuddle with >.<

7. Michael

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Not out at all
    It's the easiest thing for me to find reasons to dislike someone.

8. thesharkamander

I usually just try to focus on something or someone else.
    But sometimes I just have to power through it and let it run its course (which is actually what I'm doing right now).
    It might help to tell them about your feelings? I dunno; my friend knows I have a crush on him and he's said he doesn't feel the same way but he appreciates our friendship, which is okay with me.

9. Kenaria

Well the thing is I've had a crush on them before and it got to the point where i was so obsessive that they didn't want to be friends unless I got over them. I did for a while, but I'm starting to feel againnnn

10. XenaxGabby

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Considering all my friends are straight... There is no point in crushing. Nothing will ever come out of it.

11. Gandee

Gandee Guest

I can't help who I have a crush on! :tears:
    And it usually takes months to get over them!

12. LostLion

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    this

13. Eilin

Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    It is difficult. I've been having a crush on a friend for so long. I've come to terms with the fact that it will never be more, so I'm trying to let go of those feelings.
    But I am grateful, because it is this crush that pushed me out of my closet.
    Right now I'm wondering wether I should tell her, just to get it of my chest. It's a little scary but she is a big supporter so I think she would be ok with it. She's also one of the most kind people I have ever met, hence the crush.

14. Yosia

The thing is, people are more likely to develop crushes on people they spend a lot of time with, so it is likely you will have a crush on a friend at some point in your life, after-all, you're usually friends with someone before a relationship right? You just have to try and brush it off and find someone else to love. :3

15. MyLittleWorld

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't know, seriously, you gave me something to think about... I'm just not attracted to them in that way.

16. Kenaria

It's times like this I wish people were more open to love and people didn't limit themselves to only one sex (not saying that is a bad thing of course). Love is a very fluid thing that should be able to be felt for everyone if they desire. Of course everyone has preference, but I hope for a world where one day people will be open to falling in love with whomever they desire, or on the ladder, no one.

As for the friend, crushing on him has at least made me get over another one, so I guess that's a good thing...

17. Manitoban

This is incredibly annoying. I've managed to not crush to hard... although there is one friend I've definitely got a crush on.

Being with him every day certainly doesn't help.

I suppose just trying to wait it out? The sibling idea is interesting...

18. jema

I just don't allow myself to have feeling for them. One, I work with most of my friends, it would be awkward to work with a loved one. Two, if something was to happen, it would be awkward for everyone. People would have to make decisions on who to invite and it would just be a pain in the ass.

19. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    I'll let you know when I figure it out. I can't stop liking one of my closest friends. Since I don't know his sexuality, I can't just close the window on it.

20. Gandee

Gandee Guest

it helps that my crushes actually annoy me a lot