1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Close to being Hospitalized

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Swamp56, Nov 13, 2008.

1. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

For all of you who go into the chatroom, you've noticed my rather sporadic depressive behaviour lately I'm sure.

Well, I finally saw my psychopharmecologist today (the doctor that prescribes me mental meds), and she said she's really worried about me, and by the end of the session, she looked like she was going to cry (she's known me for 7 years).

I told her about cutting, and about trying to hurt myself last month.
    I also told her about my current battle with OCD, and she told me that if I want to cut or hurt myself again, or think about it, to go tell someone and that they'll admit me to a near-by hospital for a few days to be helped :frowning2: .

I really don't want to go there and miss school and be far back in schoolwork, and isolated from my friends :frowning2: .

Not sure what to do, as I've gotten impulses to cut tonight.

2. thespanishheart

Hun, please stop hurting yourself! (*hug*)

You can't possibly be getting the satisfaction out of pain, can you? If you continue this --- you'll end up in far worse shape than before. Can your friends maybe help cheer you up?

I don't want to be nosy, but what's depressing you? Is there anything we can help with?

3. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

It's not what's depressing me, it's the fact that I have clinical depression; so I get depressed over nothing, and then my OCD starts, and then my anxiety, and it snowballs.

4. thespanishheart

Did she give you anything new to try, as far as medication? Surely something can help you (*hug*)

5. EM68

If you feel like you want to cut yourself then go and get some help. Your homework and your friends will be there for you when you get back :slight_smile: A family member of mine tried to hurt themselves. She wound up staying in the hospital for a few days and feels better.

Its worth it. Good Luck! (*hug*)

6. Markio

Have you tried the rubber band method? Just wear a rubber band or hair tie around your wrist and just stretch it and let it hit your wrist. Ellie from Degrassi did that.

7. Swamp56

Swamp56 Guest

I woke up today feeling a little bit better, but I know that something will end up triggering my depression again.