1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gah! So chicken.

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by biisme, Nov 13, 2008.

1. biisme

I had a National Honors Society meeting after school today, and there was a GSA meeting going on at the same time. When the NHS meeting ended there was still half of the GSA meeting left. I walked all the way over, paused at the door and kept walking. Then I walked all the way around the courtyard and walked by the door again! For some reason, I couldn't go in there!

I may be perfectly openly about my sexuality online, but apparently not so in real life. One day, though...

2. ColbieMarie

ColbieMarie Guest

That's understandable. I probably would have walked right past it too. I think being completely open in person is a really hard (and scary) thing to do. I have this one friend that I told and he lives a couple hours away and recently we've been texting about it and such and I couldn't imagine myself actually talking about it, but texting him about it was only slightly uncomfortable, nothing like it would be if I were to actually talk about it.

Eventually you will get to the point in your life that it's more comfortable for you to be open in person (as will I, hopefully), but until then it's still ok.

3. thespanishheart

Totally agree with the above. I think I would have gone right past it as well.

4. (*hug*) All of us who aren't completely open about it have that "one day." Easier said than done, though.

5. Mirko

Admin Team Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hi!

(*hug*)

As you become more comfortable you will be able to go in.

Before I could join a GLBT group for meetings and social events, I walked countless time by their office. A few times I came close of going in but before I could enter the office, I turned around and left the building. It took me a while to be able to go in and not worry about what others might think about me when they see me entering the office or joining them for a meeting. But no worries. A day will come when you will be able to enter the room and just join them for the meeting.

6. Level N Human

I've stood in front of a GSA club rush table until the girl there said she liked my shirt and then I said "Hee!" and walked away in a most-probably awkward fashion.

If you're a chicken I'm a..

I don't know, what is the most awkward bird there is?

7. tomahto72

tomahto72 Guest

Trust me I would have done the same thing even if I could bring myself to even walk to it, so you are one step ahead of me there. (*hug*)

8. Kimi

(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)(*hug*)

9. thespanishheart

You know I actually wish I had one in my area. It would certainly help...