1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do you know when you found the one you want to be with

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Shadowheart, Mar 23, 2015.

1. Shadowheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Hello there ok so I would like to get into a relationship
    but how would you know they want that not just you know sex?
    I'm afraid of me hurting there heart or them hurting mine.

2. jema

I guess you just know. And if you get hurt, get up and move, that's all there is to it

3. dano218

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It is really hard to know. My first committed relationship went from drunk sex to dating to commitment/falling in love and than living together until he passed away. I always love and committment comes when you least expect it and if you sit around crying about not finding love it will seem like forever until you do. I think if you love and you follow your heart and instincts you will make the right decision. I would never have a relationship that was strictly based on sex and if I was dating a person who had numerous hookups or something like that i would really question their motives.

However I am not a relationship expert i founded love when I least expected it and lasted a good two years. If you are worried about getting hurt the things I would look out for is sexual history and stuff like that. I know that sounds picky and selfish and people makes mistakes but i rather be alone than get hurt. It takes being in a relationship I think to know what you really want in one. Sorry If i did not help much.

4. BoiGeorge

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I spent a good year trying to avoid relationships in exchange for lots of casual, meaningless sex with people I barely knew. I was intending to continue doing that until I met my boyfriend. He told me outright that unless I was serious about being with him, then not to bother wasting either of our time. That put me on the spot because no one had ever said that to me before. It really made me stop and think about what was best for both me and him. I realised that all that casual sex was slowly eating away at my self-esteem and was making me feel like shit about myself. Being with him was like an escape out of an addictive, self-destructive lifestyle I was living. It has now been several months and I couldn't be happier with my decision. When he or she is the one, you just know. They make you realise why it never worked out with anyone else before

5. guitar

All you can do is take your relationship one day at a time and let it slowly grow and develop. Don't jump the gun and start thinking marriage or anything, just enjoy the person's company and let your relationship bloom.

6. PlantSoul

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I'm convinced that I've found the one for me. From the moment we met, there was this special connection. It's like we knew each other in a past life. Trust me, when you met them, you'll know.

7. Stripe101

From what I've heard, it causes you to feel:

Sudden high fever
    Severe headache that isn't easily confused with other types of headache
    Stiff neck
    Vomiting or nausea with headache

Wait that might be meningitis...

8. tulman

Great answer. Very insightful, especially for a 19 yr. old.

9. happydavid

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Some people
    You don't. Just got to have faith

10. Lexington

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    It's not always easy to tell. After all, I do want a sexual component in my relationships, so I'm going to expect that to be part and parcel of it. So if I guy insisted I date him for six months before he'd take his pants off, I'd tell him he could find somebody else to date. :slight_smile: Of course, if I'm interested in more than just sex, I think I make that clear. I invite him to go out to lunch, or to do some activity. When we hang out, there's something of a connection.

The thing is - there IS no surefire way to know. Anything a person who is truly interested would say...could be said (insincerely) by somebody looking to get into your pants. You'll have to trust your instincts. If s/he seems to be pushing SOLELY towards the bedroom, chances are that's all that interests him/her.

Lex

11. Shadowheart

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Thanks so much for the advice it helped a lot:slight_smile:

12. MurderMystery

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I think its when you look ito their eyes and see a small bit of yourself but everything you want as well! When you find them it won't be obvious at first, it'll definitely take some time to realize it but when you do, it'll hit you like a brick. We all experience it differently so just take your time and adventure with this quest ^.^

13. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

When you can see yourself singing "Summer Nights" as a duet, and it doesn't seem so silly, LOL.

Body language and the choice of words said, tend to tell me the most about somebody's intentions. If the conversation feels like it flows, no matter how long the pauses or distractions are, then we're at least compatible. But if all I'm getting are awkward smiles or very generic responses, like the classic, "... yeah..."-head nod. It probably means you're bored to tears, wanting to do something else, or even worse, my optical hazel orbs are not working their visual magic, LOL...

I'm in a really good mood. Forgive me.

It may take a little bit, but it should happen fairly shortly, where you start to notice a naturalness to being in their presence. You can start or respond to a conversation, more easily, you can breathe easier, and you can see yourselves, back-to-back, holding it down in the worst-case scenario.

So long as you feel better, really better, or you obtain something meaningful from somebody, you're very likely in a top contender relationship. I mean, if somebody made me feel secure, cool, and better, I'd definitely consider, they might be 'the one you want to be with'.

If you're able to juggle having a conversation while taking deep observations, you could take notice of their eyes, and where they take the conversation. For example, if they are always looking at their phone instead of you, you're second or third priority for the night. Do they actually remember any of that show you watched on Netflix, or have they only noticed how 'hot' you are? I'm surprised by how many folks get caught off guard, in general, when it comes to folks being genuine or not.

If you have to "drag" conversation out of them. Now, keep in mind...

There is a difference between "dragging" and and encouraging conversation. Simply put, "dragging" is when you have to force it, and encouraging is natural shyness needing a little push. The latter is fine, and it is the former that is the red flag.

On the same token, take notice of where somebody takes the conversation. What do you always seem to be talking about, when you're together? Is it about you, them? Is it about being frisky or what movie you should watch? What do you always seem to wind up doing, when you are together with them?

When you're with somebody that respects you first, you know you have the foundation. It's pretty easy to know when you're respected.

That is how you know... well, for me.

I'd like to say, I'm proud of my taken-for-a-chump ratio, LOL.