1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Are you happy with the way you look?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by LaEsmeralda, Mar 24, 2015.

1. LaEsmeralda

Reading around this forum a lot, I have noticed that many people who post in the support section are unhappy with themselves, the way they look in particular.

I used to be very self conscious about my looks but I have since grown to be quite fond of them. I am not conventionally beautiful but I think I am unique and attractive in my own way. I have a lot of flaws but I think they give me character.

How do you feel about your looks? Would you change anything about yourself?

The only thing I would change is my butt cellulite :lol: But that ain't going to happen.

2. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    Yeah, I'm honestly pretty happy with it. We all have things about appearance that we're a little insecure about, that doesn't mean that I can't overall be satisfied with my appearance.

I've totally come to terms with being short and small and all that--that doesn't bother me anymore. I guess the one physical feature I don't like is my upper lip is kind of thin at the top and makes it look like I have buckteeth sometimes D: But meh, that's minor in the long run.

3. kem

kem

There are things I'm trying to change, but I'm quite happy with how I look.
    I have a pretty face apparently, and although I'm a bit soft I'm rather skinny.
    I wish my nose was either smaller or had a slight Greek curve to it though. And I wish my body grew less hair too.

4. xylaz

Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    I wish I was more Caucasian looking(finer smaller nose, fair skin, stronger jaw-line), so basically there's many things that only fantasies can change concerning moi. My body too because although I'm athletic, I don't have a lot of muscles or sculpted abs. Oh well.

5. MisterTinkles

I have been called "butt fuck ugly", and I have been called "beautiful".......so my general structure is fine with me.

If I'd have known I would have so many problems with other stuff though, I would have made CERTAIN I stayed skinny and had my skin professionally cleaned once a month.

6. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Not really. I mean I don't think I'm hideously ugly and even believe I have some potential, but I usually don't consider myself to be attractive.

7. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Yes.. I think I am.

I got told I was the prettiest girl in my town while out at a pub by a chef I know a little from a restaurant I go to.. So I thought that was nice. I'm not everyones type though.. so I don't know. I don't think i'm ugly though. I'm just your average girl.

8. LaEsmeralda

^ ChloeKiss and mbanema - if your avatars are photos of yourselves, you're both very good looking people :slight_smile:

MisterSparkles, if you don't mind me asking, why do you wish you had had your skin cleaned professionally every month? I didn't even know that was a thing

9. Psaurus918

No. I'm not ugly but I'm no where's near as good looking as most guys I come across on dating sites

10. ChloeKiss

ChloeKiss Guest

Why thank you :slight_smile: Yes it is me haha. (Showing off my awesome sunnies)

11. mbanema

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    A few people
    Aww, thanks! :slight_smile:

12. Batman

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I've never liked the way I look. Which is understandable, as I'm certainly not a face or body that would be featured on any magazines :lol:

My ears are too big, my cheeks still holding onto some babyfat, a stupidly large nose, my eyes are uneven on my face. My body is a bony mess, and is rather disproportionate. I have enough weird birthmarks and moles that I practically look like a chocolate chip cookie at this point. Additionally, my hair is pretty much just one big cowlick. tldr; I'm a short version of Sloth from The Goonies.

The one thing I've really got going for me, is that I have kickass posture. I may be ugly, but at least I won't have slipped spinal disks! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: And at the end of the day, society needs me to exist in order for the genetically blessed to look so wonderful :thumbsup:

13. LaEsmeralda

Ah but this is easily taken care of with a bit of grooming. I'm female and I'm hairier than my dad :eek: Keeping it under check with your daily shower isn't a big amount of effort. I let my body hair run riot for like half a year before deciding to get rid of it again and it ended up taking me two days with a pair of scissors and four disposable razors.

Bet that put you all right off your dinner :slight_smile:

14. HuskyPup

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Overall, yes. Maybe I'm a bit short, but I stayed smooth & have a relatively hairless body, a sorta Italian complexion, dark hair which has stayed dark, and I'm pretty thin. I wouldn't mind losing maybe 10 pounds, but other than that, I'm content, all in all.

15. guitar

A few years ago when I was overweight, I wasn't happy at all. Now that I'm in shape and fairly fit, I'm content. Not overly enamored with myself or anything, but the fact that I can feel okay taking off my shirt is a good sign.

16. Austin

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think I'm okay with it, or come to terms with it. I mean, I'd look better tan, buff, and with some face/hair/teeth adjustments, but what can you do? If I really cared enough I could get tan and buff and fix my teeth at least.

17. Aussie792

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Even were I genuinely ugly, I would feel no shame in saying that I am very happy with how I look.

I would like to be a bit taller, but I'll most likely never hit anything more than 5'10" from my current 5'9". And that's not a terrible fault.

18. Tai

Tai

Gender Pronoun:
    She
    Sexual Orientation:
    Bisexual
    Out Status:
    A few people
    I've never been happy with my appearance until this year. Even when I thought I was female, I was never really pretty. I have a wide nose, too large of lips and a face with baby fat. That feeling was intensified because I have a pretty friend who has always been satisfied with how she looks. Now that I'm starting to transition, I have begun to have phases where I do like how I look. I still wish I were taller, had thinner legs (my calves are HUGE with muscle, but I still wish they were smaller), a flatter butt, and a sharper face.

#18 Tai, Mar 24, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2015
  19. Lally

Sexual Orientation:
    Questioning
    of course there are few things that i want to change, if i'm happy? it depends, every once in a while i get complements from other people, but i easily get insecure specially when it comes to hair & skin thing.

20. Kaiser

Kaiser Guest

I don't look how I would like, but I do the best that I can, with what I have.

I don't believe I'm the ugliest thing to walk this planet, but it can be very hard to totally embrace yourself, when you feel stuck in expressing yourself. But, you know, you'll be hard pressed to catch me not looking my best.

If I had the appropriate body, mm, it'd be on.

Just make sure you tell that person in the mirror, how good they're looking, in case everybody else forgets, LOL.