1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

when was the last time someone hurled homophobic abuse your way?

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beth, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Beth

i know you shouldn't have to put up with it & i know some people get it ridiculously badly, but today i was just walking along minding my own business when a grown man shouted FAGGOT :eusa_naug what a pleasant gentleman! obviously thats not nice, but i'm just like whatever.sometimes i have had it a lot more serious than that & retaliated to it - more out of self defence. but on the whole if he wants to be a prat then he can be & i'm just thinking yeaaah just because i get more women that you do mate :smilewave

when was the last time you had to put up with something?

2. Amy

Amy

I get it every damn day. I'm not kidding. In all but one class (only a little bit in Drama), hence the failing PE and English, and just passing World History and Math. And half of it is from Mormons, so if I seem a little, um..., full of hatred towards Mormons --not Mormonism, that's a different topic-- that is why. Because they verbally abuse every single one of my friends. It has gotten to a very bad point for some people.

And it happens alot off campus too.

But, anyways....

I got the walk-by-and-sholder-push and a "freak" yesterda when I walked to drama.

3. Beth

ahh its slightly different for me now because i'm at uni so everyones past the pathetic playground comments

4. Markio

Few people know I'm gay, but the ones that do are either gay themselves or close friends, or both. So my roommates don't know. My GOOD roommate and I have talked about homosexuality in relation to Prop 8, and so when I tried to show him an article about the genetic origins of homosexuality I said casually "I don't know why I bring it up so often"; my BAD roommate buts in and says, "That's because you're gay!" He doesn't know that I actually am, but his tone of voice makes me want to strangle him! Was that a joke? Why would anyone say that to their straight friend? Being gay shouldn't be a bad thing or a joke!

5. Same. People have basically all matured out. There are the few men who are like gayness is disgusting but no one really pays attention to them.

6. Rygirl

Here's a story 4 ya
    I'm not gay but a lot of my very close friends are
    I was walking home close to some girls from my class n I overheard their conversation about how all gay women are Hypocrites! of all the rude, unfeeling cheek!
    It went something along the line of this: *women turn gay because they hate men, so why do they make themselves look like and dress like men? they are such fuckin hypocrites*
    I had to restrain myself from butting in and correcting her very tartily, this is what happens when people are ignorant and they are left to come up with their own ideas on people. But the fact that she would openly say something like that out loud means that I am very pissed off with her.
    It's exhausting having to go to a school like mine

7. Amy

Amy

Whic is why I cannot wait for college.

I took a college class this summer and everyone was just like "whatever, your life, not mine" for everything.

Or at least Independent Study, which I applied for yesterday. Wish me luck!

8. Beth

some people have serious issues lol
    i'm a little worried about what i would do if i heard something like that.on the one hand i'd like to think i'd have it in me to keep quiet and not kick off, know its not true, accept they're daft & not rise to it. on the other hand i'd want to kick off & be like oi!meet my mate.doesnt look like a big butch man does she? pretty isnt she? her make up is even better than yours isnt it? not looking and dressing like a man is she?but shes pulled more girls than u care to gossip to!

9. lexie

never, because im not out to anyone.

10. Daniel

Everyday I hear it. And about once a week I get it screamed at me. But since putting a lock on my locker I have stopped getting the notes.

11. musican

That's why Im finishing a school earlier to go to college, and waiting until college to come out. It's hard because I have two very separate lives and I cant let them combine. I know that they are just pieces of me and not two separate personalities, but I have to treat them that way. Sometimes I wonder if coming out would be easier than trying to hide it, but then I hear how people talk about homosexuals and describe something they dont like as gay and I decide that keeping quiet is best.

12. Linkmaste

No one knows about me really expect a few friends but we joke around and shit it doesnt bug me. I dont have any lesbian or gay friends I know of ONE but I dont talk to her or anything (not really the nicest person) but if someone did like bug someone cause their gay I would stand up for them in an instant.

13. Trumpetplyer23

At my school, I rarely get taunted about it. I know there's people who say stuff about it behind my back, but that's not the same thing.

The last time was during class. I was talking to this girl about a guy and his girlfriend and she says "well, yeah you like both.." and I was thinking 'where the hell does that come in?'. My guy friend (the one we were talking about) steps in and says "Hey, just because she likes both doesn't mean anything. She's still awesome." I love that kid :slight_smile:

14. Absentminded

Mine was the other day, when this kid walked into class and threatened to do something like bash my skull in or something. I told him to bring it on, and he came back with "sorry, I don't hit girls, not even lesbos" I found it kinda funny, but...not really.

15. SlickyPants

It happens rarely to me. The last time that it happened was on Halloween. I was dressed up as a vampire and I had just got off work and waiting for the bus. A van drove by and the side door opened and some guys called me "Count Faggot" as they drove by.

16. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Last year, when someone called me a tranny because of my long hair (I'm not out to anyone at school). Most of the homophobia is directed at other people or gays in general. I'm not very feminine, just a sociopath, so most of the insults I get are not about my perceived sexuality.

17. Apocalypte

I haven't had anything hurled at me since I stopped playing World of Warcraft - when I announced to my guild that I was quitting (a couple of weeks before I actually did quit), a member of my guild outed me in trade chat and for about a day I was spammed with messages of "faggot, get off the server".

18. killthedirector

i can't remember the last time it happened to me.
    but i always just turn around and go 'yes?'
    usually leaves the people gobsmacked.

19. Maddy

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Lesbian
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I don't hear it much anymore, I think by now the people at my school are pretty much over it. The last time was a few weeks ago.

20. ppreston9

ppreston9 Guest

If someone called me a faggot i would bitch them out.