1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Children In Need

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Andi, Nov 14, 2008.

1. Andi

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I need somehwere to rant...
    And as usual i know that the amazing ppl here at ec listen lol!

Well im watching "children in need night" on the bbc (british broadcasting comp') and i cant belive that people that can dont give,

why cant everyone just give 1£ ! it would beat every total they have had, just for 1£,
    if people cant afford it fair enough, but why cant those who can :frowning2:

cummon guys... give what you can, even if its just what you find behind the set-ee (heehee i havent said that in a while) and make a difference to someones life.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/

Andi x

2. Z3ni

Z3ni Guest

I know!! , but to in my opinion i think celebs should give more than us

3. Wander

Wander Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    In most cases, they do. Lots of celebrities donate millions to charity. Some of them because they actually want to, some because they feel like it will improve their image.

4. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

I give generously to charity. But not to big fundraising bashes like this or to the big charities where it would just disappear in admin.

I give to small local charities which have more trouble raising funds and where the donation makes more difference.

I don't even watch Children in Need because I resent the fact that Terry Wogan gets PAID for presenting it. If he can't even give his time for free, what sort of example does that set?

5. cjtom

cjtom Guest

I am all for charity, don't get me wrong, but there is a limit to how much people can give. Not only do they expect us to give every year (i gave mine at college yesterday :slight_smile:) bu they expect us to give more and more every year? I don't understand how all this money given has not mad a substantial difference already!

How about volunteering some time to them, that way we can personally see what we are doing to help!

6. Andi

Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    i do agree with that, and yeah i agree wogan shoudnt be paid. the bbc does need a overdue shakeup

and yeah i do gove to local charities too, im giving my christmas eve up for a chaity event im oganising.

my rant was more about ppl who dont do anything x

hug
    andi

7. Martin

Board Member Admin Team Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I support the performance by Girls Aloud. :grin:

8. The Eastenders performance was EPIC!
    I loved it! I had no idea Rita Simmons has a voice like that...or those legs..but thats off topic :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
    I was wearing my pudsey ears all day today, and have bought pudsey cookies from Greggs all week...So I feel like I've done my bit :grin:

9. Paul_UK

Paul_UK Guest

Agreed.

10. lordjord96

well in my school avery one had to bring in £1 to give to children-in-need and there is about 200-300 learners in my school :slight_smile:

11. Jeimuzu

Someone from my uni is meant to be on it. Don't know if I've missed him or not. He's in a choir...

On a more on topic note, I think people should give things that aren't just financial, material. Give your time. Give your efforts. Not just a pound, that pound will vanish in bureaucracy to an extent.

12. ccdd

ccdd Guest

I can understand not wanting to give because it's going to end up in admin costs or something, but this one time when Children in Need was on, where I worked you could come dressed in your own clothes (rather than office clothes) if you gave £1 to Children in Need, and this one guy came in in a suit. And I asked him whether he'd realised about the Children in Need thing. And he "Yes, but I believe that people should help themselves".

I didn't quite know what to say back to him, and it was one of those moments where the office went silent and it was really awkward...I mean, it's his choice and everything, but I'd've paid the pound just to wear my own clothes...but it was just so awkward...

13. Trumpetplyer23

My mom and I donate to lots of charities. The Salvation Army charity, Humane Society, ASPCA, etc.

Most of them are animal charities, I will admit. We also donate clotes to the Salvation Army/Good will.

14. Psychedelic Bookmarks

I give to children in need, but some people already give to other charities. There's no reason that everyone has to give to children in need just because the BBC organises it. My Mum already has direct debits to several charities she feels particularly strongly about, so she doesn't give much to children in need. And I don't see anything wrong with that.