1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Homophobes caught doing Gay related things...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by MotelGuy, Mar 25, 2015.

1. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Over a year ago, I used to have a co-worker who was practically a homophobe...He would say faggots this, and faggots that...Well, today I saw him doing something I never imagined I would see him do...He was on a date with another guy...I couldn't believe, at first I thought:
    Nah. It's probably a relative...This is the same guy who blamed us[Gay men] for AIDS, and always said that he would 'kick a fag's ass' if he ever touched him..."
    But no, they were holding hands, and his date(Boyfriend?) gave him a small kiss on the lips...That just shows that many homophobes could actually be latent homosexuals...I don't think he saw me, but even if he did, I don't think he would've recognized me...Maybe I should hook up with him, he's actually kinda cute...

2. ApexxShadow

Haha. I've noticed that some homophobes are actually homosexual themselves, but it's their way denying it/coping with it. What goes around comes around haha.

3. Andrew99

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I think a lot of homophobes are gay and they're only homophobic bc they haven't accepted who they truly are.

4. PatrickUK

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Beware of those who shout loudest - they have the most to hide.

What the OP describes is not unusual, I'm afraid. Internalised homophobia does horrible things to a person.

I hope the comment about hooking up with him wasn't serious. I can't see how any good would come out of that.

5. BryanM

Gender Pronoun:
    They
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Like the old saying goes: "Me thinketh thou doth protest too much".

There's a considerable number of people with anti-lgbt sentiment who are LGBT themselves, mainly due to internalized homophobia.

6. Jellal

I kick myself for thinking this kind of thing is funny. It just rubs me that way initially, I guess the irony gets to me. But when I think about the kind of repressed shit that some people take to their grave (sometimes taking others along for the ride) I sober up pretty fast.

7. MotelGuy

MotelGuy Guest

Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    It wasn't, sorry for misleading...Like you said, no good will come out of it...But he is kinda cute...

8. TENNYSON

TENNYSON Guest

Out Status:
    Some people
    It really sucks to find out that some of those people doing us harm are in fact "one of us". But I can only pity them when social stigmas and self-hatred cause them to become homophobic.

9. Quem

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    I think the same as Andrew99. Why would someone make such a big deal out of homosexuality? I think there's a lot of self-hatred going on for quite some vocal homophobes.

10. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    No doubt, I was guilty of it. There's a lot of internalized conflict especially if you're religious, are born in a religious household, questioning. Nonetheless, you shouldn't be vocal about it (I messed up there too). Somethings said can cause irreversible damage to others and I'm really fortunate that I was able to make amends and nothing came of what I said. I sympathize to the people struggling but don't condone what they're doing. Makes it really hard to criticize homophobes without being hypocritical since I was in their shoes.

11. SonicBoom

Agreed . :eusa_clap

12. Lazuri

This is why I believe Putin is a self-loathing homosexual.

13. NingyoBroken

NingyoBroken Guest

One time there was this guy in a Japanese chat room I used to go on, he kept calling me and another guy faggot and such.. And then some other guy in the chat room posted a screenshot of that homophobe flirting with him...

He never did come back.

14. resu

Advisor Full Member

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Gay
    Out Status:
    Some people
    I really hate such people, and even after they come out, I don't trust them. You can be in the closet and acting completely straight without having to utter a single homophobic word or phrase. Being LGBT yourself does not give your a free pass to discriminate. Just a few days ago I saw a truly vile gay guy who was criticizing Sweden's decision to make a gender neutral pronoun for their language.

15. Purp

Gender Pronoun:
    He
    Sexual Orientation:
    Other
    Out Status:
    Out to everyone
    Well At least they're out, and hopefully they've realized the mistakes they've made. I hope you'll be able to trust them as they work for the better of others. We've all made mistakes, some more grave than others, but hopefully we can move past those and do some good for the world.